Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade/alternative to WPPro for EMV 3DS 2.0?

Is an upgrade/replacement for Website Payments Pro in development?

In Europe it is a requirement of taking credit card payments to use SCA.

For the UK, Cardinal have been providing the implementation for WPPro. However they "will not be supporting EMV 3DS 2.1 on our legacy solution for PayPal Pro UK merchants". (Response I received directly from Cardinal)

Here's the body of the text of an email I received last year from Paypal.

The Second Payment Services Directive or PSD2 as implemented in European and UK law requires all in-scope merchants to enable 3D Secure (3DS) in their checkout to ensure they can continue to process card payments.

Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) became a requirement in Europe from 31 December 2020, with enforcement in the UK starting from 01 June 2021.
    All UK transactions will be fully subject to SCA from 14 March 2022.

From these dates, card issuers will require 3DS on card transactions to allow them to authenticate their cardholders. Currently your integration with Cardinal Commerce only supports 3DS 1.0. Visa and Mastercard have announced that from October 2022 they will no longer support this version of 3DS.
    So in October WPPro will stop being able to accept Visa and Mastercard in the UK. Seeing as this is the majority of cards used in UK, that is a serious issue.

Seems Paypal are no longer supporting WPP and the new payment system is Paypal Commerce Platform.
    https://www.paypal.com/uk/business/getting-started
    Currently only WooCommerce, Magento, Wix and BigCommerce have off the shelf integrations.

It appears that the only alternative would be to sign up to Braintree and use the plugin. However Braintree has higher processing fees than using Paypal directly, and I'm not sure if the Braintree integration will be compliant with 3DS 2.xx (I haven't investigated it yet).

I contacted Paypal and was told they not developing a Zen Cart integration.

Is anyone working on integrating this new Paypal solution to Zen Cart?

Have any UK based stores looked into this?
    (The 3DS function in WPP broke around 1.56. lat9 modified my installation for 1.57c when upgrading my website from 1.39h)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade/alternative to WPPro for EMV 3DS 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by gsh68 View Post
    Is an upgrade/replacement for Website Payments Pro in development?

In Europe it is a requirement of taking credit card payments to use SCA.

For the UK, Cardinal have been providing the implementation for WPPro. However they "will not be supporting EMV 3DS 2.1 on our legacy solution for PayPal Pro UK merchants". (Response I received directly from Cardinal)

Here's the body of the text of an email I received last year from Paypal.

So in October WPPro will stop being able to accept Visa and Mastercard in the UK. Seeing as this is the majority of cards used in UK, that is a serious issue.

Seems Paypal are no longer supporting WPP and the new payment system is Paypal Commerce Platform.
    https://www.paypal.com/uk/business/getting-started
    Currently only WooCommerce, Magento, Wix and BigCommerce have off the shelf integrations.

It appears that the only alternative would be to sign up to Braintree and use the plugin. However Braintree has higher processing fees than using Paypal directly, and I'm not sure if the Braintree integration will be compliant with 3DS 2.xx (I haven't investigated it yet).

I contacted Paypal and was told they not developing a Zen Cart integration.

Is anyone working on integrating this new Paypal solution to Zen Cart?

Have any UK based stores looked into this?
    (The 3DS function in WPP broke around 1.56. lat9 modified my installation for 1.57c when upgrading my website from 1.39h)
    I got the call from Paypal today telling us to switch of Paypal Pro. I guess there is no other solution currently? It is a shame as its nice to keep the customers on site.

Plugin Contributions

Are you using Website Payments Pro? Is it set up with a Cardinal Processor ID? If so (and if working correctly - 3DS functionality was broken in 1.56 I believe) it should still work until October.

Plugin Contributions

Are you using Website Payments Pro? Is it set up with a Cardinal Processor ID? If so (and if working correctly - 3DS functionality was broken in 1.56 I believe) it should still work until October.
    Sorry only just saw your reply. Yes with Website Payments Pro. Yes it is with cardinal processor ID and WPP. But I was told to turn it off now, I did get more declines than ever, and the lady on the phone said these are errors to do with this soon to be obsolete system. I am not sure whether to turn it back on and risk it giving declines to customers, as I am unable to make headway finding an alternative.

Plugin Contributions

Mine is still working fine on 1.57c with a modified paypaldp module/file. The only declines I get are due to customers inputting incorrect info.
    I just checked all my recent cc sales and all show as 3DS protected in admin, from UK, EU and EEA customers.

Plugin Contributions

Mine is still working fine on 1.57c with a modified paypaldp module/file. The only declines I get are due to customers inputting incorrect info.
    I just checked all my recent cc sales and all show as 3DS protected in admin, from UK, EU and EEA customers.
    Thanks for the reply. I have switched it back on, I seemed to listen to the rep on the phone adamant it must be off by 31st March. Test card it is working okay. I think the bulk of declines were USA and Rest of World, definitely above the normal rate. But I guess I can always put this method to some kind of zone method only. Good to see you are going okay with it right now, found a few threads a bit negative about it all. Of course we only have a few months to do it this way, hopefully something else figured out by then.

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Can you pls explain what the modification done in paypaldp module/file
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I'm afraid I do not know the specifics.
    lat9 did the upgrade including the Paypal mods.
    It's possible the Paypal upgrades in 1.57d are the same - it may be worth asking lat9.

Plugin Contributions

I'm afraid I do not know the specifics.
    lat9 did the upgrade including the Paypal mods.
    It's possible the Paypal upgrades in 1.57d are the same - it may be worth asking lat9.
    It looks like most (unfortunately, not all) changes that @gsh68 indicates have been rolled into the zc157d release. I'll be updating the Zen Cart repository with the changes required for /includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php as well as a minor change to /includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php that are required for continued PayFlow processing.

That 'minor' change to /includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php (which should be done only for 3DS processing) can be found on line 125 of the module, changing the default value for the variable:
    Code:
    //-bof-Indicating non-support, since the 3DS iframe doesn't support the AJAX interface
      var $collectsCardDataOnsite = false;
    //-eof-Indicating ...
    Note: It's very important that a site's samesite cookie setting is none, since the secure-auth will result in an iframe being displayed (for proper 'samesite cookie' support, the site should be running on a PHP version >= 7.3). To do this, create a file named samesite_cookie.php in the site's /includes/extra_datafiles sub-directory that contains the following

Code:
    <?php
    // -----
    // Identify that the site uses the 'samesite' cookie setting of 'None', since the
    // Payflow-UK payment can result in an iframe to gather the 3DS verification.
    //
    if (ENABLE_SSL === 'true') {
        define('COOKIE_SAMESITE', 'none');
    }

Plugin Contributions

Do you know what these errors are and what I need to do to stop them happening?Dear store owner,An error occurred when attempting to initiate the payment-validation transaction. As a courtesy, only the error "number" was shown to your customer. The details of the error are shown below.12002 Processor Decline.This transaction cannot be processed due to either missing, incomplete or invalid 3-D Secure authentication values.Zen Cart message: 12002 [] Processor Decline. - This transaction cannot be processed due to either missing, incomplete or invalid 3-D Secure authentication values.
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk