Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default New Customers NO Welcome EMAIL

Hi All,

Running ZC-v1.5.7c and all of the email functions seem to work fine.... except one! The Customer does not receive the Welcome Email!

The New Account email arrives at the admin address but not sent to the new customer!

Order confirmations arrive for both admin and customer just fine.....

I have the "Add New Customer From Admin" MOD installed and working great!
    When a new customer is created from the MOD, the Welcome Email IS Received by the customer!

Only issue is No New Customer Welcome Emails! (when customer registers)

Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Customers NO Welcome EMAIL

Any debug logs to indicate what the underlying issue is?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Any debug logs to indicate what the underlying issue is?
    I did find a "warning" in the logs and looks like it's related to "create account". but not sure it has to do with the Welcome Email.....?

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /......./includes/functions/html_output.php on line 714.

[17-Jan-2022 21:11:50 America/New_York] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=create_account, IP address: .......

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zapme1 View Post
    I did find a "warning" in the logs and looks like it's related to "create account". but not sure it has to do with the Welcome Email.....?

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /......./includes/functions/html_output.php on line 714.

[17-Jan-2022 21:11:50 America/New_York] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=create_account, IP address: .......
    I'm pretty sure that there was more to the log that you posted. The calling sequence leading up to that warning will help to identify the source of the issue.

Plugin Contributions

I'm pretty sure that there was more to the log that you posted. The calling sequence leading up to that warning will help to identify the source of the issue.
    Thanks for your help, lat9....

Here is the whole section before (and including) the warning.....

[17-Jan-2022 21:11:50 America/New_York] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=create_account, IP address: ........
    #1 zen_draw_pull_down_menu() called at
    [/home/......../includes/templates/31125/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php:54]
    #2 require(/home/......../includes/templates/31125/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php) called at [/home/......../includes/templates/31125/templates/tpl_create_account_default.php:17]
    #3 require(/home/......../includes/templates/31125/templates/tpl_create_account_default.php) called at [/home/......../includes/templates/31125/common/tpl_main_page.php:124]
    #4 require(/home/......../includes/templates/31125/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/......../index.php:94]
    --> PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/......../includes/functions/html_output.php on line 714.
    [17-Jan-2022 21:11:50 America/New_York] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=create_account, IP address:
    Last edited by zapme1; 18 Jan 2022 at 02:17 PM.

Plugin Contributions

OK, when you inspect the file '/includes/templates/31125/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php, please post back the contents of the lines up to and including line 54.

Where did that template come from? It's quite non-standard.

Plugin Contributions

Add says use PHP 4.4 for optimum performance

Since 4.4 was EOL about 14 years ago, I wouldn't expect anything to be working very well with that template.

Plugin Contributions

OK, when you inspect the file '/includes/templates/31125/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php, please post back the contents of the lines up to and including line 54.

Where did that template come from? It's quite non-standard.
    I believe it was from Template Monster somewhere around 13-14 yrs ago (just like dbltoe said! )... It's been well modified!
    Here are lines 1-54 as requested.....

Code:
    <?php if ($messageStack->size('create_account') > 0) echo $messageStack->output('create_account'); ?>
    <div class="alert forward"><?php echo FORM_REQUIRED_INFORMATION; ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />

<?php
      if (DISPLAY_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS == 'true') {
    ?>
    <fieldset>
    <legend><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS; ?></legend>
    <div class="information"><?php echo TEXT_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS_DESCRIPTION;?></div>
    <?php echo zen_draw_checkbox_field('privacy_conditions', '1', false, 'id="privacy"');?>
    <label class="checkboxLabel" for="privacy"><?php echo TEXT_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS_CONFIRM;?></label>
    </fieldset>
    <?php
      }
    ?>

<?php
      if (ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true') {
    ?>
    <fieldset>
    <legend><FONT color="#fbf2b7"><?php echo CATEGORY_COMPANY; ?></FONT></legend>
    <label class="inputLabel" for="company"><STRONG><FONT color="#FDA306"><?php echo ENTRY_COMPANY; ?></FONT></STRONG></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('company', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_company', '40') . ' id="company"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_COMPANY_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_COMPANY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <div style="padding-bottom:3px">
    <?php
      if (DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD == 'true') {
    ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <!-- <label class="inputLabel" for="extrafield"><?php echo ENTRY_EXTRAFIELD; ?></label> -->

<?php $TypeList = array('EL', 'HV', 'PL', 'HY', 'RE'); ?>

<SELECT id="extrafield" name="extrafield" style="width: 75px">
    <?php foreach ($TypeList as $LicTypeList) { ?>

<OPTION><?php echo $LicTypeList; ?></OPTION>
    <?php } ?>	
    </SELECT>

<label class="inputLabel" for="license"><STRONG><FONT color="#FDA306"><?php echo ENTRY_LICENSE_NUMBER; ?></FONT></STRONG></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('license', $account->fields['customers_license'], zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_postcode', '4') .'type="number" maxlength="5" id="license" onkeypress="return event.charCode >= 48 && event.charCode <= 57" ') . ((int)ENTRY_EXTRAFIELD2_TEXT_MIN_LENGTH > 0 ? ' required' : ''); ?> ⪡⪡ 5-Digit Number Only

<!-- <?php echo zen_draw_pull_down_menu( 'extrafield',  array('EL', 'HV')  , 'id="extrafield"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_EXTRAFIELD_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_EXTRAFIELD_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>  -->

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zapme1 View Post
    I believe it was from Template Monster somewhere around 13-14 yrs ago (just like dbltoe said! )... It's been well modified!
    Here are lines 1-54 as requested.....

Code:
    <?php if ($messageStack->size('create_account') > 0) echo $messageStack->output('create_account'); ?>
    <div class="alert forward"><?php echo FORM_REQUIRED_INFORMATION; ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />

<?php
      if (DISPLAY_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS == 'true') {
    ?>
    <fieldset>
    <legend><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS; ?></legend>
    <div class="information"><?php echo TEXT_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS_DESCRIPTION;?></div>
    <?php echo zen_draw_checkbox_field('privacy_conditions', '1', false, 'id="privacy"');?>
    <label class="checkboxLabel" for="privacy"><?php echo TEXT_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS_CONFIRM;?></label>
    </fieldset>
    <?php
      }
    ?>

<?php
      if (ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true') {
    ?>
    <fieldset>
    <legend><FONT color="#fbf2b7"><?php echo CATEGORY_COMPANY; ?></FONT></legend>
    <label class="inputLabel" for="company"><STRONG><FONT color="#FDA306"><?php echo ENTRY_COMPANY; ?></FONT></STRONG></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('company', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_company', '40') . ' id="company"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_COMPANY_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_COMPANY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <div style="padding-bottom:3px">
    <?php
      if (DISPLAY_EXTRAFIELD == 'true') {
    ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <!-- <label class="inputLabel" for="extrafield"><?php echo ENTRY_EXTRAFIELD; ?></label> -->

<?php $TypeList = array('EL', 'HV', 'PL', 'HY', 'RE'); ?>

<SELECT id="extrafield" name="extrafield" style="width: 75px">
    <?php foreach ($TypeList as $LicTypeList) { ?>

<OPTION><?php echo $LicTypeList; ?></OPTION>
    <?php } ?>    
    </SELECT>

<label class="inputLabel" for="license"><STRONG><FONT color="#FDA306"><?php echo ENTRY_LICENSE_NUMBER; ?></FONT></STRONG></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('license', $account->fields['customers_license'], zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_postcode', '4') .'type="number" maxlength="5" id="license" onkeypress="return event.charCode >= 48 && event.charCode <= 57" ') . ((int)ENTRY_EXTRAFIELD2_TEXT_MIN_LENGTH > 0 ? ' required' : ''); ?> ⪡⪡ 5-Digit Number Only

<!-- <?php echo zen_draw_pull_down_menu( 'extrafield',  array('EL', 'HV')  , 'id="extrafield"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_EXTRAFIELD_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_EXTRAFIELD_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>  -->
    The field I highlighted above is your issue. The <?php section is still going to be run. Just remove that highlighted line.

The issue is that zen_draw_pull_down_menu expects that array to contain arrays containing 'id' and 'text' fields, e.g. array(array('EL' => 'EL'), array('HV' => 'HV')).

Plugin Contributions

The field I highlighted above is your issue. The <?php section is still going to be run. Just remove that highlighted line.

The issue is that zen_draw_pull_down_menu expects that array to contain arrays containing 'id' and 'text' fields, e.g. array(array('EL' => 'EL'), array('HV' => 'HV')).
    YAY!!!

That did the trick! Whoda thunk that commented-out code would cause that issue?

Looking at the logs, I found 2-other files that also had commented-out code that was showing up! I eliminated that code and now have NO log files generated during the Create Account process....

AND

Receiving the Welcome Email on the Customer Side now!!

Thanks so much again, lat9.... I learned a lesson about leaving behind commented-code!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast