Plugin Contributions

Default Sales Report w/ "in-store" Square audit?

So I'm still on 1.5.6, but I'm too riddled w/ hacks and low on time to make jump to 1.5.7.

However... I'm interested in trying to "audit" my square transaction data in Lat9's sales report add-on.

I frequently have customers that pay in-store w/ a credit card and then those running my store either use my website as a pos system, or they forget, or they do some weird rounding like 180 even for a 179.75 order.

The only API I've used so far is a gmail api to scrap amazon order data from gmails. So I'm not very experienced w/ API's. It does seem feasible to mash up the data though.

Would anyone be interested in, perhaps in a carrot on a stick form, dictating how I might go about coding this out? Maybe even some pseudo code?

I'm not sure if the query volume would get too heavy, but I was wondering about possibly using the square API to check for orders that "match" to a certain threshold (say +/- a day or two, and w/ maybe +/- some dollar amount)

Doing a line by line query for an exact match (same day same exact amount) would be a good start, possibly mashed line by line into the sales report.

Any thoughts? Would the query load be ridiculous if it was a single query for each order?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sales Report w/ "in-store" Square audit?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfderby View Post
    So I'm still on 1.5.6, but I'm too riddled w/ hacks and low on time to make jump to 1.5.7.

However... I'm interested in trying to "audit" my square transaction data in Lat9's sales report add-on.

I frequently have customers that pay in-store w/ a credit card and then those running my store either use my website as a pos system, or they forget, or they do some weird rounding like 180 even for a 179.75 order.

The only API I've used so far is a gmail api to scrap amazon order data from gmails. So I'm not very experienced w/ API's. It does seem feasible to mash up the data though.

Would anyone be interested in, perhaps in a carrot on a stick form, dictating how I might go about coding this out? Maybe even some pseudo code?

I'm not sure if the query volume would get too heavy, but I was wondering about possibly using the square API to check for orders that "match" to a certain threshold (say +/- a day or two, and w/ maybe +/- some dollar amount)

Doing a line by line query for an exact match (same day same exact amount) would be a good start, possibly mashed line by line into the sales report.

Any thoughts? Would the query load be ridiculous if it was a single query for each order?
    It sounds like what you're requesting is to use the Square API to validate (i.e. compare/correct) the orders placed via Square on your site. If that's the case, I'm unfamiliar with that payment-method's API.

Perhaps someone else could chime in?
    Last edited by swguy; 18 Jan 2022 at 09:45 PM.