Plugin Contributions

Default Font Awesome - Etsy

I seem to be having issues getting a font awesome font for Etsy. It is included in Font Awesome 4 so I do not know why it is not showing up.

See footer at wlcartistry.com.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Font Awesome - Etsy

follow up....I need one for Tiktok as well. This one only appears in version 5 and I think we are using version 4?

What is the process of changing versions?

Plugin Contributions

You may get a quicker response if you post your questions in the Template Fluorspar support thread (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....late-Fluorspar).

The template author (@peejay) stated in the support thread that version 5 was being used. Comparing the template's stylesheet_fa.css to various versions of Font Awesome's various CSS files, I was unable to determine specifically which version is being used. The Etsy icon is missing from stylesheet_fa.css, but is present is all of the FA version 5 CSS files.

Noting that the Tiktok icon was introduced in version 5.13.1.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dennisns7d View Post
    You may get a quicker response if you post your questions in the Template Fluorspar support thread (https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....late-Fluorspar).

The template author (@peejay) stated in the support thread that version 5 was being used. Comparing the template's stylesheet_fa.css to various versions of Font Awesome's various CSS files, I was unable to determine specifically which version is being used. The Etsy icon is missing from stylesheet_fa.css, but is present is all of the FA version 5 CSS files.

Noting that the Tiktok icon was introduced in version 5.13.1.
    I missed the fact that there is a separate stylesheet_fa.css. I am sure I can fix it from there. I did not think this was a template only modification.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    I missed the fact that there is a separate stylesheet_fa.css. I am sure I can fix it from there. I did not think this was a template only modification.
    if you go to the bottom of the stylesheet:

/home/prose/Downloads/fluorspar/includes/templates/fluorspar/css/stylesheet_fa.css

specifically lines: 563 - 592, you can see that all of the font awesome icons are loaded from the webfonts/directory.

from a recent download of the template, it seems those files are over 3 yeaRS old.

i did not see the etsy come up when i tried. i might try downloading new versions of those files from here:

https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-...aster/webfonts

and see if you can get the etsy one to load. the new webfonts may give you a different version of your existing ones as well. but i am no expert on the matter.

best,
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, so I downloaded the latest webfonts. I have an easy backout plan in case the new files cause problems. The updated webfonts did not cause any issues that I can find. The ones already in use appear to be the same.

In looking at stylesheets_fa.css, the only icon dependent line appears to be in the section so I added the correct Unicode for the Etsy Icon.

Code:
    /* Font Awesome uses the Unicode Private Use Area (PUA) to ensure screen
    readers do not read off random characters that represent icons */
    .fa-etsy:before {
      content: "\f2d7"; }
    The icon still does not show up. I have no idea how Font Awesome is fully implemented so clearly I am missing a step here.

MODERATORS: After looking at how this works, it is clear that this post should be moved to Fluorspar Support thread as dennisns7d suggested.

Plugin Contributions

Interesting...there must be caching going on somewhere. The Etsy icon just showed up!