Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Not getting the Upgrade button when zc_install is run

I've made all the changes to both the configure.php files and started zc_install. I verified that the database, user and password entries are correct, but when I run zc_install I get the message that it appears that my database is current and I might be trying to do this on a live site. The reason the database appears to be current is that I just imported it into the new database from today's backup of the existing one.

The only step in the upgrade instructions that I couldn't follow is the one to use the same DB_PREFIX value from the old site’s configure.php file. It is null in the old store's configure.php file, so I left it null in the new one.

What am I doing wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not getting the Upgrade button when zc_install is run

If you are upgrading from a to b, b to c, c to d in the same version set (i.e. 1.5.7), there is generally no need to update the database.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    If you are upgrading from a to b, b to c, c to d in the same version set (i.e. 1.5.7), there is generally no need to update the database.
    No, upgrading from 1.5.5. Sorry, I ticked that off in my post but it doesn't seem to be showing up.

Plugin Contributions

When you run the zc_install and are presented only with the install button, there are (or should be!) text towards the bottom of the page that identifies why only the install process is available. For instance, if an existing configure.php isn't found.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    When you run the zc_install and are presented only with the install button, there are (or should be!) text towards the bottom of the page that identifies why only the install process is available. For instance, if an existing configure.php isn't found.
    The only text, under "Some Issues" is

The GZip Extension in PHP is not enabled
    [ NOTE: This may not be relevant if you are using Nginx and handling GZip within Nginx. ]

I didn't think any zipped files were involved in this.

Plugin Contributions

This is what I see:
    Name:  installmsg.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  38.1 KB

Plugin Contributions

Per that image, check that (a) the database and associated credentials are valid and (b) there's no /includes/local/configure.php that's overriding the settings in the base /includes/configure.php.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Per that image, check that (a) the database and associated credentials are valid and (b) there's no /includes/local/configure.php that's overriding the settings in the base /includes/configure.php.
    I've done that multiple times and don't see any problems. But I'll look again. If I start out with a fresh empty database, it installs fine. It's only when I import our current database and want to upgrade that the install won't continue.

Plugin Contributions

Check that the dates are correct in your database. Also that admin passwords and cusrtomer passwords are both varchar 255.

It could be similar to whaat was happening at https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-5-1-to-1-5-7c

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Check that the dates are correct in your database. Also that admin passwords and cusrtomer passwords are both varchar 255.

It could be similar to whaat was happening at https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-5-1-to-1-5-7c
    I'm pretty certain I've added no plugins that would affect date fields, or added a new date field. Definitely neither of the two that are mentioned in the date standardization section.

But do I understand correctly that you can't go up more than one major version at a time? If so, that's my first problem, trying to go from 1.5.5 to 1.5.7.

I've looked all through zc_install/includes/systemChecks.yml and compared each of the checks with the logfiles. In every attempt at upgrading, all the checks passed up through the htaccess, and the log ended there. Does it not record the fails as well as the passes, or does it just stop at the first fail?

I can't connect to my host to check the admin and customer password field types right now, so I'm trying to get a better overall understanding of what's happening during the upgrade process.
    Last edited by HeleneWallis; 9 Mar 2022 at 12:11 AM. Reason: typos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast