Plugin Contributions

Default Cardinal incomplete or invalid 3-D Secure authentication values

Hi, until a few weeks ago things were working well (site has been running for maybe 8 or more years.)
    Recently we have started getting more and more
    "ALERT: PayPal Direct Payment Error (12002 []).
    Dear store owner, an error occurred when attempting to initiate the payment-validation transaction. As a courtesy, only the error "number" was shown to your customer. error 12002. Processor Decline.
    This transaction cannot be processed due to either missing, incomplete or invalid 3-D Secure authentication values.
    Zen Cart message: 12002 [] Processor Decline. - This transaction cannot be processed due to either missing, incomplete or invalid 3-D Secure authentication values. "
    We have contacted someone and they are suggesting we move to Woocommerce.
    I assume we are not the only people with this issue, staying with Zencart would be our preferred option if anyone knows how to sort this?
    Many thanks. Tony
    www.honestycosmetics.co.uk
    v1.5.7c

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cardinal incomplete or invalid 3-D Secure authentication values

Do you have Cardinal Merchant and Processor ids in your WPP module?
    You would have needed to have set these up previously to be 3DS compliant. (I registered with Cardinal in early 2019 and my WPP integration is still taking cc payment and successfully completing 3DS verification without issue)
    Until March 14th it wasn't mandatory to have 3DS compliance in UK for cc transactions and now it is.
    Cardinal is no longer taking on Paypal clients because Paypal is deprecating WPP in favour of Paypal Commerce Platform under which (I believe) Paypal themselves handle the 3DS verification.

Currently there is no Zen Cart integration for Commerce and no official word on a timeframe for one.

Assuming you did not already have a Cardinal account the only option is to disable WPP and use Paypal Express if you want to continue using Paypal as your payment processor.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cardinal incomplete or invalid 3-D Secure authentication values

Quote Originally Posted by gsh68 View Post
    Do you have Cardinal Merchant and Processor ids in your WPP module?
    You would have needed to have set these up previously to be 3DS compliant. (I registered with Cardinal in early 2019 and my WPP integration is still taking cc payment and successfully completing 3DS verification without issue)
    Until March 14th it wasn't mandatory to have 3DS compliance in UK for cc transactions and now it is.
    Cardinal is no longer taking on Paypal clients because Paypal is deprecating WPP in favour of Paypal Commerce Platform under which (I believe) Paypal themselves handle the 3DS verification.

Currently there is no Zen Cart integration for Commerce and no official word on a timeframe for one.

Assuming you did not already have a Cardinal account the only option is to disable WPP and use Paypal Express if you want to continue using Paypal as your payment processor.
    Is there an update for Paypal WPP as I am getting similar errors?
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk