Plugin Contributions

help question Textarea returns plain-text instead of HTML text for custom product type

I'm currently using 1.5.7c.

I have a custom product type that uses two textboxes, one the default "product" description and the other a special field for that product type. When I click on "Preview", the HTML appears in raw, unescaped form in the "new_product_preview" . When I click on "Back" (through ZenCart Admin, not the browser), the HTML textbox is preloaded with the unescaped HTML text.

What have I missed on the update? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Screencap for reference:

What is being submitted for preview:

What is shown on the preview:

What is presented when going back:

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Textarea returns plain-text instead of HTML text for custom product type

Have you tried clicking on the Source icon top left and then adding HTML Text

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Textarea returns plain-text instead of HTML text for custom product type

@retched, does your custom product addition include an admin 'sanitizer' for those additional textarea fields, enabling them to include HTML content?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    @retched, does your custom product addition include an admin 'sanitizer' for those additional textarea fields, enabling them to include HTML content?
    @lat9, I don't believe so. This was a hard copy/porting of it from 1.5.3 to now. Where would I find that in the code to emulate in my custom product type? I'm noticing that it is coming back from `$_POST` as the correct text, if that helps.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ianhg View Post
    Have you tried clicking on the Source icon top left and then adding HTML Text
    Similar problem still. The source text before I send it to process is proper HTML but evidently something is still causing it to return the plain HTML instead of the proper HTML.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by retched View Post
    @lat9, I don't believe so. This was a hard copy/porting of it from 1.5.3 to now. Where would I find that in the code to emulate in my custom product type? I'm noticing that it is coming back from `$_POST` as the correct text, if that helps.
    So in a spree of throwing everything against the wall and seeing what sticks:

I think I managed to fix this but I feel like it's a REALLY rough edit. I added the field name of the textarea to line 226 in init_sanitize.php where it ends up on this

Code:
    $sanitizer->addSimpleSanitization('PRODUCT_DESC_REGEX', $group)

After I made this change, everything end up working as needed. So I guess the question I should ask is, where should I make this change so that it doesn't overwrite the main core files.

Plugin Contributions

Create your change-specific sanitization in /admin/extra_datafiles/something_sanitizer.php.

The name doesn't matter as long as it's unique and reminds you of what's being sanitized. The file's contents should be similar to:
    Code:
    <?php
    // -----
    // Admin-level sanitizations for my specific changes
    //
    $my_sanitizer = AdminRequestSanitizer::getInstance();

$my_group_sanitize = [
        'field_name_1',
        'field_name_2',
    ];
    $my_sanitizer->addSimpleSanitization('PRODUCT_DESC_REGEX', $my_group_sanitize);
    The field_names are the names of the posted variables that you've added.

Plugin Contributions

That works perfectly, I'll go ahead and make sure that I do this on each custom type.

Plugin Contributions

That works perfectly, I'll go ahead and make sure that I do this on each custom type.
    Great, I'm happy to have helped.

Plugin Contributions

The following may include more than desired at the moment, but is a good reference for accomplishing admin sanitization:
    Admin Request Sanitization | Zen Cart Documentation (zen-cart.com)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...