Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square WebPay support thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    Trust me, I have lost orders through this, and I know I have, so I know that it is the issue.

It's easy to replicate if you try it.
    nick,
    try and play along. i have tried it. numerous times. on your site and on vic's site. did you read the above post:

https://tinyurl.com/2probynf

did you watch the video, i posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3zc3t5diu...20PM.webm?dl=0

i have a suggestion for you. why don't you do a screencast similar to what i did, showing the exact sequence where an order goes through using your keystrokes. and then one where it does not.

trust me, there is nothing more that i want to do than to solve this problem. but unless i can replicate it, i can not solve it.

finally with regards to this comment:

It works on the standard checkout, so really it should be the same on OPC.

the only thing i can say is you really have no idea what is going on in OPC and the amount of javascript code that plugin does.
    Last edited by carlwhat; 6 Jul 2022 at 01:13 AM.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    nick,
    try and play along. i have tried it. numerous times. on your site and on vic's site. did you read the above post:

i have a suggestion for you. why don't you do a screencast similar to what i did, showing the exact sequence where an order goes through using your keystrokes. and then one where it does not.

trust me, there is nothing more that i want to do than to solve this problem. but unless i can replicate it, i can not solve it.

the only thing i can say is you really have no idea what is going on in OPC and the amount of javascript code that plugin does.
    carlwhat, I am playing along and this is why I am also reporting the issue :-)

Ok Screencast - will do one then so you can see the issue. I guess from our points of view we could be reading things differently from one another after all so not an issue.

'the only thing i can say is you really have no idea what is going on in OPC and the amount of javascript code that plugin does' - I do know the amount of Javascript that is used by OPC, so I am fully aware it will be a minefield to work with.

Like I said before carlwhat, I am extremely grateful for your hard work on this, and I think Vic is from what I read as well. There are probably others that think the same.
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

nick,

Ok I have had a look at your screencast videos.

Firstly, I understand why the Paypal method would fail, so that is fine because the customer has selected the wrong payment method and then tried to enter details into the square fields. You would expect that to fail!

That is this video:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mc9y5gvf3...20PM.webm?dl=0

-----------------------------------------------

Now, this video actually highlights the problem:

So, a suggestion. To stop this from happening, are you able to force the customer to select the radio button before they can enter their details?

You could disable the SQUARE text entry fields, or even hide them until customers click on the SQUARE radio button. And if customers click the Paypal radio button, the text fields on the square element either remain disabled or hidden from view.

At the side of the SQUARE radio button in BOLD text, or even BOLD RED TEXT, you could have some text saying 'If you wish to pay by credit or debit card, please select this payment method. NOTE: You will be able to enter your payment details once this radio button is checked' - then once the radio button is clicked, the text fields either get enabled OR if hidden, they appear on screen.

At the side of the PAYPAL radio button you could have some text saying 'If you wish to pay by PAYPAL, please select this payment method' - then the SQUARE text fields either remain disabled or hidden from view and the customer can pay by paypal without a problem.

And if the customer happens to try and click confirm order, before they have selected either, it throws up a message something like 'You forgot to select a payment method, please try again'.

This is just an idea by the way! I am trying to help with a suggestion!
    Last edited by Nick1973; 6 Jul 2022 at 06:49 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok I have had a look at your screencast videos.

Firstly, I understand why the Paypal method would fail, so that is fine because the customer has selected the wrong payment method and then tried to enter details into the square fields. You would expect that to fail!

That is this video:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mc9y5gvf3...20PM.webm?dl=0

-----------------------------------------------

So, a suggestion. To stop this from happening, are you able to force the customer to select the radio button before they can enter their details?

You could disable the SQUARE text entry fields, or even hide them until customers click on the SQUARE radio button. And if customers click the Paypal radio button, the text fields on the square element either remain disabled or hidden from view.

At the side of the SQUARE radio button in BOLD text, or even BOLD RED TEXT, you could have some text saying 'If you wish to pay by credit or debit card, please select this payment method. NOTE: You will be able to enter your payment details once this radio button is checked' - then once the radio button is clicked, the text fields either get enabled OR if hidden, they appear on screen.

At the side of the PAYPAL radio button you could have some text saying 'If you wish to pay by PAYPAL, please select this payment method' - then the SQUARE text fields either remain disabled or hidden from view and the customer can pay by paypal without a problem.

And if the customer happens to try and click confirm order, before they have selected either, it throws up a message something like 'You forgot to select a payment method, please try again'.

Right I am going to try a couple of things. Firstly I am going to run one of my carts with OPC switched off for a day.

Then I am going to run the cart for a day with OPC on, and put some text next to the Square Radio Button saying 'If you wish to pay by credit or debit card, please select this payment method. NOTE: Please ensure you click the radio button before entering your card details, otherwise your transaction will fail' - stating the obvious!

And against the Paypal radio button - some text saying 'If you wish to pay by PAYPAL, please select this payment method, and then click 'Confirm Order' at the bottom of this page'

I know it may sound rediculous but there are 'some' customers that need instructions, where we may think it is obvious what to do.

Plugin Contributions

no, nick. you are wrong. that video does NOT highlight the problem. that video shows what YOU think is the problem. and in my testing, doing the exact keystrokes that you talk about, the problem does not manifest itself. that video clearly shows that.

in answer to your above suggestion, that is not possible. again that is inherent in square's implementation.

why don't you take the time for my suggestion as opposed to making additional suggestions? perhaps your video would more clearly delineate the steps for this problem to occur.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

no, nick. you are wrong. that video does NOT highlight the problem. that video shows what YOU think is the problem. and in my testing, doing the exact keystrokes that you talk about, the problem does not manifest itself. that video clearly shows that.

in answer to your above suggestion, that is not possible. again that is inherent in square's implementation.

why don't you take the time for my suggestion as opposed to making additional suggestions? perhaps your video would more clearly delineate the steps for this problem to occur.
    Well if you think that isn't a problem, then you clearly are blind as it clearly is a problem. I even have clients complaining about this now actually and am having to switch off OPC for them as a result.

'in answer to your above suggestion, that is not possible. again that is inherent in square's implementation.' - well if that is the case, then why does it work with the standard zen cart checkout without those issues but not with OPC? I am struggling here as one works, the other doesn't.

Plugin Contributions

Look your video does clearly show the problem, I am amazed that you can't even see it?

Those strokes are the exact ones that I tried. And also I tried without OPC, the same strokes. Without OPC the payment goes through, with OPC it doesn't.

Plugin Contributions

in answer to your above suggestion, that is not possible. again that is inherent in square's implementation

I don't know why but I can't get a screencast at the moment anyway. But in it's simplest terms, try the exact same strokes as in your video on the standard checkout, and you will see the issue. You will see on the standard checkout, payments go through no problem. On OPC, they do not!

Customers complaining that they can't pay through OPC are the one's which decide if there is an issue. If they can't pay, there is an issue. I am going to try sticking instructional text next to each radio button to state the obvious, and I do understand your point in some ways. Clicking the radio button should be common sense. However, customers don't always think with common sense. And those are the people that tell us if they are having problems making payments through the checkout.

The other issue is, even if I put instructional text next to those radio buttons, there will be some that still start entering card details and think it has automatically selected the radio button, and therefore they will still get the error and then click off and go somewhere else to get what they want.

For me at the moment, the standard checkout works better than OPC with Square, which is a great shame as OPC is the better one. Although it has got a bit sluggish to be honest and hangs in a place or two.

Plugin Contributions

Look your video does clearly show the problem, I am amazed that you can't even see it?

Those strokes are the exact ones that I tried. And also I tried without OPC, the same strokes. Without OPC the payment goes through, with OPC it doesn't.
    i would suggest these things:

• review the above post. https://tinyurl.com/2probynf
    • post a screencast your self documenting the error.
    • review this statement from the above mentioned post:
    • with regards to the 2 situations you mention above, i have a couple of videos. a GENERIC DECLINE is coming back from square. the SQ-MISSING-TOKEN error is an error from square_webPay as we are not submitting anything to square as we do not have the result from the first step of the process.
    • my screencast clearly shows communication from square. not a missing token.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Code:
    [06-Jul-2022 17:51:21 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  missing token result:  check if card button is disabled on dev console using: document.getElementById('card-button'); else look for javascript error in console. in /home/my_vps/public_html/includes/modules/payment/square_webPay.php on line 234
    ZC v1.5.7d
    OPC v2.4.1
    PayPal EC

Testing Square WebPay on a live site for the first time. Forgive me for not fully following the previous posts regarding this error/notice but to explain simply (I hope):

Checking out as a guest and using Square WebPay as the payment method I enter the CC info and click the Confirm button, the checkout_one page refreshes showing the SQ-MISSING-TOKEN error message with the above PHP notice in the \logs folder. It makes no difference if I first click the Square radio button or go straight to entering CC info.

I have tried renewing the token manually (mywebsite.co.uk/squareWebPay_handler.php) and nothing looks awry, to me, in the browser's console - everything is returning 200 OK.

I am open to any debug suggestions.
    Simon

Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast