Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square WebPay support thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    We have a problem on our end. So Sorry! Please report this error to the Store Owner: SQ-MISSING-TOKEN

I have been trying to find why sometimes a customer gets the error above when trying to make a payment with Webpay. This is what I have found.

I have Square and Paypal as the payment options for my site. When a customer logs into their store account and goes to the OPC screen they have the two payment options with the corresponding radio buttons (neither is selected at this time).

The normal procedure would be to select the payment method (Square Webpay) by selecting the radio button then entering the card details, then Confirm Order. This seems to produce a positive checkout without errors.

However if the customer was to get to the OPC page and enter their card details directly into the Square payment fields, the radio button then becomes highlighted after a couple of digits are entered and the card type is recognized. But when the confirm order button is selected to checkout, the SQ-MISSING-TOKEN error shows up.

It's the same situation if a customer selects Paypal first then stupidly starts entering their card data into the Square fields, Square then becomes highlighted but invariably shows SQ-MISSING-TOKEN error.

So it looks to me if you positively select the radio button for the Square Payments first, then enter card details a checkout without SQ-MISSING-TOKEN error will occur. and you don't get the following error log.

[04-Jul-2022 21:43:05 UTC] PHP Notice: missing token result: check if card button is disabled on dev console using: document.getElementById('card-button'); else look for javascript error in console. in /home/sweetmomentsuk1/public_html/includes/modules/payment/square_webPay.php on line 234.

If this is the case and because we have to think like a customer (not always perfect in the nicest possible way), it might help if the moment the Webpay card fields are selected, the payment option is actually selected at that point along with the radio button.

To me (and I am just a store owner who muddles through) it's a little strange. I am sure the previous standard Square module used to select square the moment you touched the input fields.

Sorry to waffle. Just some thoughts, please take a look if you wish. I have lost a couple of customers recently because of this.

https://www.sweetmomentsuk.co.uk
    This only happens with OPC, not the standard checkout. And I have to agree, it's a bit odd that it throws up that error on OPC and not on the standard checkout. The standard checkout takes the payment without errors. If I was a customer with no I.T. knowledge, and could only just understand how to enter my credit card details, once I saw the payment method radio button was highlighted for square web pay when I started entering my card details and without clicking the radio button, I would expect it to process the payment. So the minute I saw the error (you are reporting, and now I am as well), I would walk away and go to the next store that sold similar products because I would feel frustrated and just think that the shopping cart I was trying to buy from had a problem.

This might also explain why my sales have gone down since installing the latest OPC, along with the latest Square Web Pay Module. It is a bug really and it needs fixing somehow. I understand other people on here may say otherwise, but think of it from the customers point of view. They will be stuck there, with a mouse, clicking and clicking and clicking with frustration that they can't pay in their minds. Customers often don't follow instructions well, and just do before they read. Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge to fix it with OPC, however for the time being, until there is some sort of answer to this problem I will be switching OPC off.

I also see it from the other side, it is frustrating from a developers point of view when something like this is exposed. So I do thank carlwhat for his development on the square web pay module as I know he has put alot of time into this. But it does seem to me that it still doesn't play well with OPC for some reason, despite the time that has gone into developing it. And frustratingly I am not sure what the answer would be to this issue, so I can't help :-(
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    hi vic,
    i wish these situations were the case. i am not able to reproduce it on your site. i am only able to fix what i can reproduce.

allow me to explain a little bit about this process: it is a 2-step process; the first step sends the credit card data to square, it returns a token. square_webPay takes this token, adds it onto the html form on the OPC page, and then submits the whole form to your zen-cart installation. at that point, ZC has control, and then ZC submits that token to square.

if for whatever reason that token does NOT make it onto the html form, you see the error that you are getting.

with regards to the 2 situations you mention above, i have a couple of videos. a GENERIC DECLINE is coming back from square. the SQ-MISSING-TOKEN error is an error from square_webPay as we are not submitting anything to square as we do not have the result from the first step of the process:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3zc3t5diu...20PM.webm?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mc9y5gvf3...20PM.webm?dl=0

you are correct here. the previous module selected the radio button the moment you touched the input fields. the webPay module selects the radio button after the first input, and NOT when a field gets focused.

unfortunately that is impossible to change due to the architecture of the new square infrastructure. it was something that i remember looking at rather closely. but again this is not the problem as one can see from my videos.

that said, i DO appreciate the troubleshooting with the specific keystrokes that you think are causing the problem. if we are able to reproduce it, we can then fix it.

best.

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the video showing the two scenarios, testing out my concerns.

I went through the exact same two scenarios as yourself earlier today, without touching the Square radio button first, and I get SQ-MISSING-TOKEN each time. (I even used the same card data).

If I then immediately entered the card details again without touching anything else, (the Square radio button is already highlighted at this stage)
    when I selected Confirm Order I would get the please wait symbol then GENERIC DECLINE, so potentially all good!

The only way I could make sure the system produced a potential successful procedure and show GENERIC DECLINE was to make sure I had selected the Square radio button before entering the card details, and then this was successful repeatedly.

I then decided to try different browsers (Edge and Chrome) as I mainly use Firefox, but the same results persisted.

I am slightly perplexed now and thinking the only thing different between your testing and mine is the location.

Somehow I will have to force (tell my customers nicely) to make sure they select the Square Payments radio button before entering their card details ( There will be customers that read instructions and customers that don't, and they are the ones that will get an SQ-MISSING-TOKEN).

The ideal situation would be that the radio button gets selected in unison with selecting the data entry fields but I understand you have already mentioned the complexities of trying to do this.

This rather testing problem aside, Webpay is awesome.

Vic

Plugin Contributions

Hi Carl,

I went through the exact same two scenarios as yourself earlier today, without touching the Square radio button first, and I get SQ-MISSING-TOKEN each time. (I even used the same card data).

If I then immediately entered the card details again without touching anything else, (the Square radio button is already highlighted at this stage)
    when I selected Confirm Order I would get the please wait symbol then GENERIC DECLINE, so potentially all good!

The only way I could make sure the system produced a potential successful procedure and show GENERIC DECLINE was to make sure I had selected the Square radio button before entering the card details, and then this was successful repeatedly.

I then decided to try different browsers (Edge and Chrome) as I mainly use Firefox, but the same results persisted.

I am slightly perplexed now and thinking the only thing different between your testing and mine is the location.

Somehow I will have to force (tell my customers nicely) to make sure they select the Square Payments radio button before entering their card details ( There will be customers that read instructions and customers that don't, and they are the ones that will get an SQ-MISSING-TOKEN).

The ideal situation would be that the radio button gets selected in unison with selecting the data entry fields but I understand you have already mentioned the complexities of trying to do this.

Vic
    Agreed Vic, if I do the same on the standard checkout (enter card details without checking the radio button) it takes the payment. On OPC it doesn't. This is a problem, as like you say, some will click it, some won't. Some will read instructions, some won't. It is a real shame I am having to revert to the standard checkout as a solution until this issue is fixed.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Carl,

Vic
    The minute I turned OPC OFF, an order came through. It kind of confirms it. Since installing both of these modules around mid June, I have had hardly any orders :-(

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    The minute I turned OPC OFF, an order came through. It kind of confirms it. Since installing both of these modules around mid June, I have had hardly any orders :-(

Hi Nick,

I find as long as the Square radio button is checked before entering card details the whole thing works, no errors. The moment a customer just goes straight for the card input fields first without pre-selecting the radio button the SQ-MISSING-TOKEN message pops up which can scare the customer.
    I have had customers that understand when I reply to their emails and they go for the Paypal option I suggest, and I have had customers that just drop their cart and I never hear from again.
    If there was some way of automatically selecting the Square option when the card input fields where picked it would stop the customer making errors.

And yes Carl What is just amazing to have brought this module to where it is considering the time pressure of the old Square Modules retirement.

Hope something gets sorted going forward as Square is just the business, i have their hardware in my physical store as well!

Vic

Plugin Contributions

Hi Nick,

I find as long as the Square radio button is checked before entering card details the whole thing works, no errors. The moment a customer just goes straight for the card input fields first without pre-selecting the radio button the SQ-MISSING-TOKEN message pops up which can scare the customer.
    I have had customers that understand when I reply to their emails and they go for the Paypal option I suggest, and I have had customers that just drop their cart and I never hear from again.
    If there was some way of automatically selecting the Square option when the card input fields where picked it would stop the customer making errors.

And yes Carl What is just amazing to have brought this module to where it is considering the time pressure of the old Square Modules retirement.

Hope something gets sorted going forward as Square is just the business, i have their hardware in my physical store as well!

Vic
    It seems to be a problem between the module and OPC though as the minute you turn OPC off the problem disappears on the standard checkout. Like you, I prefer square as a solution for card payments these days. It is so easy to use.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    It seems to be a problem between the module and OPC though as the minute you turn OPC off the problem disappears on the standard checkout. Like you, I prefer square as a solution for card payments these days. It is so easy to use.

Yup, just tried turning off OPC and hey presto everything goes through smoothly, I don't even need to select Square, I just input the card data right away and hey presto no more SQ-MISSING-TOKEN.

I really like OPC and Square.

Plugin Contributions

The moment a customer just goes straight for the card input fields first without pre-selecting the radio button the SQ-MISSING-TOKEN message pops up which can scare the customer....
    vic,
    again, without bring able to reproduce the problem, it is hard for me to fix it...

i do not agree that the pre-selection of the radio problem addresses the problem, but i have been wrong before.

if you think the message scares the customer, that one is an easy fix....

go to:

includes/languages/english/modules/payment/square_webPay.php

and change:

PHP Code:
    // from:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_SQ_WEBPAY_TEXT_MISCONFIGURATION''We have a problem on our end.  So Sorry! Please report this error to the Store Owner: SQ-MISSING-TOKEN');

// to:
    define('MODULE_PAYMENT_SQ_WEBPAY_TEXT_MISCONFIGURATION''Hi, please remember to select square PRIOR to entering your credit card data.  Thanks again!'); 
    feel free to change the text to whatever you think is appropriate.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

vic,
    again, without bring able to reproduce the problem, it is hard for me to fix it...

i do not agree that the pre-selection of the radio problem addresses the problem, but i have been wrong before.

go to:

and change:

PHP Code:
    // from:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_SQ_WEBPAY_TEXT_MISCONFIGURATION''We have a problem on our end.  So Sorry! Please report this error to the Store Owner: SQ-MISSING-TOKEN');

// to:
    define('MODULE_PAYMENT_SQ_WEBPAY_TEXT_MISCONFIGURATION''Hi, please remember to select square PRIOR to entering your credit card data.  Thanks again!'); 

best.

Thank,s Carl

That will help restore confidence. I shall be modifying it tomorrow.

By the way I have just found out that turning off the OPC module allows Webpay to work without having to select the radio button first.
    Just tried it now on my test cart, and everything works perfectly. And my test cart is just a duplicate of my live site in a different directory.

Vic

Plugin Contributions

vic,

go to:

and change:

PHP Code:
    // from:

// to:

best.
    It isn't so much the pre-selection, as it does actually pre-select the minute you start typing in the credit card number.

If the customer clicks the radio button, and then enters their card details, the payment is taken absolutely fine.

If they start typing their card details and DON'T select the radio button, and the radio button pre-selects automatically, and then they try to 'confirm order' after they have entered their credit/debit card details, it is then that the error occurs.

Trust me, I have lost orders through this, and I know I have, so I know that it is the issue.

It's easy to replicate if you try it.

I don't think changing the text will make any difference in all honesty. Customers don't always read what is in front of them, and just expect it to work. We are talking people not so computer literate as ourselves here. There is a difference.

It works on the standard checkout, so really it should be the same on OPC.

Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast