Thread: Admin area

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin area

The path to YOUR_SITE/PATH_TO_ADMIN/includes/css/login.css brings up a 403 error

but the file is there

Code:
    /**
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2020 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License v2.0
     * @version $Id: Erik Kerkhoven 2020 Jan 21 New in v1.5.7 $
     */

body {
      background-color: #feffef;
    }

h2 {
      border-bottom: 1px solid #e3e3e3;
    }

a {
      color: #777777;
    }

a:hover {
      color: #0056b3;
    }

.login-main-div {
      background: #ffffff none repeat scroll 0 0;
      border-radius: 2px;
      margin-top: 15px;
      padding: 50px 70px 70px 71px;
    }

.login-box-shadow {
      -webkit-box-shadow: 4px 10px 41px 0px rgba(161, 161, 161, 0.75);
      -moz-box-shadow: 4px 10px 41px 0px rgba(161, 161, 161, 0.75);
      box-shadow: 4px 10px 41px 0px rgba(161, 161, 161, 0.75);
    }

.login-alert-warning {
      background: #ffc107;
      border: 1px solid #ccc;
      color: #333;
    }

@media screen and (max-width: 63.999rem) {
      .login-main-div {
        padding: 25px 35px 35px 35px;
      }
    }
    @media screen and (max-width: 47.999rem) {
      .login-main-div {
        padding: 25px 35px 35px 35px;
      }
    }
    @media screen and (max-width: 29.999rem) {
      .login-main-div {
        padding: 15px 25px 25px 25px;
      }
    }

Plugin Contributions

What name change to the .htaccess file what would be the best new name for it?

Plugin Contributions

Have cleared cache on Chrome, firefox and edge and trie to go to https://www.angiesartspace.co.uk/admin folder/includes/css/login.css and 403 forbidden on all 3, is that the correct path?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Angiex1 View Post
    What name change to the .htaccess file what would be the best new name for it?
    When needed, I tend to rename my .htaccess to something like .htaccess_o (best not to remove to period at the beginning - I've had difficulty, on a Windows PC, adding it back in)

As @mc12345678 said - if, after renaming that .htaccess, you can successfully visit the login.css url in your browser then further investigation can be made.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Sorry it is there
    Whew. Glad it could be found.
    Have cleared cache on Chrome, firefox and edge and trie to go to https://www.angiesartspace.co.uk/admin folder/includes/css/login.css and 403 forbidden on all 3, is that the correct path?
    Assuming we all agree that "admin folder" represents your *secret* folder name for the admin, then yes referring to the path.

Further I agree with simon1066's potential rename.

The preceeding period keeps the file hidden within the directory structure though I note that at least in this case it's not that the contents are exactly "secret". After all, anyone installing the software would be able to obtain a copy of what is expected to be in that file... keeping the period would be more of a reminder to you that it should begin with a period, but because the operating system (not zen Cart) will process an .htaccess file but not as possibly suggested an .htacces_o file, it will be ignored and "temporarily" the folder will not have the protection offered by that file.

Note, the server may need a moment to recognize the absence of that file. So please have some patience when testing that css path. May also be necessary to then try a bruiser that hasn't recently been used to access the path and/or clear cache/cookies, etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you all so much for your help it is now working,
    My host looked after I contacted them this morning and from their end said it looks like some of the core files and can I try installing via Softaculous to see if that worked, before contacting them I tried via Softaculous with the same result, then removed that, cleared cashe and instead of using the same zip file redown loaded a new one this morning from here and installed with that cleared cache in 3 different browsers and all with the same results.

The host has then looked and made a change in the .htaccess file in my admin folder and it is now working, even the login page looks correct etc. But a big thank you to everyone who has helped, it is many years since I have used zencart so am a bit wary of messing with files and folders until am more used to it again so thank you for your patience.

Here is the fix for future if this happens again to anyone and me lol.

t appears that the .htaccess file in the /admin folder was causing this. Specifically this section:

<limit POST PUT>
    <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
    Require all denied
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
    Order Allow,Deny
    Deny from all
    </IfModule>
    </limit>

I've changed this to just <limit PUT>, and the login screen & admin area now appears to be working ok.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you all so much for your help it is now working,
    My host looked after I contacted them this morning and from their end said it looks like some of the core files and can I try installing via Softaculous to see if that worked, before contacting them I tried via Softaculous with the same result, then removed that, cleared cashe and instead of using the same zip file redown loaded a new one this morning from here and installed with that cleared cache in 3 different browsers and all with the same results.

The host has then looked and made a change in the .htaccess file in my admin folder and it is now working, even the login page looks correct etc. But a big thank you to everyone who has helped, it is many years since I have used zencart so am a bit wary of messing with files and folders until am more used to it again so thank you for your patience.

Here is the fix for future if this happens again to anyone and me lol.

t appears that the .htaccess file in the /admin folder was causing this. Specifically this section:

<limit POST PUT>
    <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
    Require all denied
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
    Order Allow,Deny
    Deny from all
    </IfModule>
    </limit>

I've changed this to just <limit PUT>, and the login screen & admin area now appears to be working ok.
    Huh, interesting.

What's also interesting to note is how this area of code had changed over time. Specifically, the sequence of the allow,Deny portion. Previously it was Deny, allow. I'm looking into what impact that has and in a way what really should be going on in this area.

Oye, what an interesting situation this is and without further action there may be some other areas of the site One,.

Okay, before I go into some techno babble about what the file was like before, what it did as a result, why it likely was changed and similar info about the current file configuration, my earlier question about your server data ask applies and is expected to help in this endeavor.

So, once you login to your admin, if you would please go up to the right corner and click on the link that says Version could you please post the upper info of the window? Don't need to see your upgrade history, just the server related info.

Also, you mentioned that it had been some time since doing this type of install/upgrade or some similar content as relates to Zen-Cart. Did this server have an older version of Zen Cart installed? If so, which? This is to support inspection of the way forwards.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

This is a new webhost account, and a new domain so have not had any older versions of zencart installed, as I have said I have installed and uninstalled a few times and also tried softaculous, between each install when uninstalling all the database and data base user have been removed and also any files in the public_html and the trash can so there was nothing there at all that I could see.

There had been a cubecart then a open cart install previously but again these were completely removed and the corresponding data bases and data base users before installing Zencart.

Here is a screenshot of the info for the server.

Name:  server info1.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  33.4 KB

Plugin Contributions

Who is your webhost? Does your account, per chance, have "Caching" enabled?

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I am not sure about cacheing being enabled I can look if someone points me in the right direction, the host is HostPresto

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast