Plugin Contributions

Default |Order of setting up store

Site details in signiature

Having installed Zen cart what would be the best order to install plugins and themes, would it be theme then plugins or plugins then theme?

Thank you
    https://www.angiesartspace.co.uk/ Zen cart version v1.5.8, MySQL Database version10.3.35-MariaDB-cll-lve, PHP Version 7.4.30, Template Bootstrap 4.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: |Order of setting up store

Quote Originally Posted by Angiex1 View Post
    Site details in signiature

Having installed Zen cart what would be the best order to install plugins and themes, would it be theme then plugins or plugins then theme?

Thank you
    Generally, theme (template) then plugins, but that really depends on what plugins... Some modify theme files, some don't. Those that don't could likely be installed in either order. To really expedite sales, don't install either and just stop product, independently determine for changes needed and then apply it all to the store after successful testing in a development environment.

Btw, great to see you posting and seeking answers. May I suggest consider content being posted and how it likely remains for a very long time. Referencing people to your signature doesn't tell the story in the future of the condition of your store in the past... I say this because the signature gets updated in the posts based on what it is for your profile.

I took the "liberty" to copy and paste what I found when I made this post:
    https://www.angiesartspace.co.uk/ Zen cart version v1.5.7d, MySQL Version 10.3.34-MariaDB-cll-lve, PHP Version 7.4.28, work in progress
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: |Order of setting up store

Thank you. Will start with the them, Will update my signiature as things go, but will be the bootstrap theme and square which is built in and big royal mail, and one page checkout I think its called as the basics. But understand where your coming from.

I tend to read and look for answers before asking but there are so many posts in the forum you can get a bit lost.
    https://www.angiesartspace.co.uk/ Zen cart version v1.5.8, MySQL Database version10.3.35-MariaDB-cll-lve, PHP Version 7.4.30, Template Bootstrap 4.