Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Couldnt access admin dashboard - too many redirects error

The url is eshubham.com running 1.53 version of Zencart and PHP 7.4.

Around June 2020, we migrated from older version to 1.53 and was working fine till recently. I didnt logged into admin dashboard for last three months. Just last week I tried to log in so I can put the website under maintenance to upgrade the zencart but it showing too many redirect error. I contacted my hosting support team, they are certain that .htaccess has no issue and contact zencart support for further assistance. I am new here. Please guide what should I do for troubleshooting.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Couldnt access admin dashboard - too many redirects error

Time to upgrade was last year But, seriously, you need to get to 1.5.7d for security and payment updates.

1.5.3 was designed for PHP 5.6 as a maximum AND 1.5.3 will be eight years old in July. In computer years, that's like 203

Plugin Contributions

Seeing as the point of the exercise is to place our force the store into maintenance mode to support performing the upgrade, it send like in part on the right path. As for the to many redirects, I'm wondering how much the admin/includes/configure.php file plays into it. The site supports https; however, doesn't seem to force it. I'm wondering if there is an odd mixture of domain paths in the admin file. Of course I'm also concerned that the file wasn't properly updated and contains the real path to your admin directory instead of the auto determined one as designed. So when posting the contents please be sure to obscure such confidential info.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I was planning to upgrade but forgot last year due to to other projects. Is it possible to upgrade despite the issue or better to do it once the issue gets cleared?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Seeing as the point of the exercise is to place our force the store into maintenance mode to support performing the upgrade, it send like in part on the right path. As for the to many redirects, I'm wondering how much the admin/includes/configure.php file plays into it. The site supports https; however, doesn't seem to force it. I'm wondering if there is an odd mixture of domain paths in the admin file. Of course I'm also concerned that the file wasn't properly updated and contains the real path to your admin directory instead of the auto determined one as designed. So when posting the contents please be sure to obscure such confidential info.
    Before I got into this project, it was not upgraded for almost three to four years. I had migrated it to new hosting server and upgraded it to the version present the website is in. Afterwards I failed to notice the version updates and I have no idea about the contents of the configure.php except for the parts which I had to change once the migration is done. What should be done now, I am quite confused.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Arvinrags View Post
    Before I got into this project, it was not upgraded for almost three to four years. I had migrated it to new hosting server and upgraded it to the version present the website is in. Afterwards I failed to notice the version updates and I have no idea about the contents of the configure.php except for the parts which I had to change once the migration is done. What should be done now, I am quite confused.
    You always have options. The redirects are a "file" issue mostly. My previous (indirect) suggestion was to post the contents of your admin/includes/configure.php file, marking out sensitive information.

What you can do though is place the store in maintenance mode via phpmyadmin, until the update is complete. Technically that should really only be for a few minutes if sequenced properly.. To do it that way would entail developing the upgrade outside of the live site files and with a different database. I.e. as recommended for performing an update. If you have already done that development and really are ready to apply all of those changes to your live site, then the brief period that a user may not be able to properly access the site would be rectified rather quickly because the database upgrade process through zc_install forces the site into maintenance mode.

This last part though would suggest that you should apply a test version of your site somewhere on your server to validate that you won't end up with the same issue as currently experiencing..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    You always have options. The redirects are a "file" issue mostly. My previous (indirect) suggestion was to post the contents of your admin/includes/configure.php file, marking out sensitive information.

What you can do though is place the store in maintenance mode via phpmyadmin, until the update is complete. Technically that should really only be for a few minutes if sequenced properly.. To do it that way would entail developing the upgrade outside of the live site files and with a different database. I.e. as recommended for performing an update. If you have already done that development and really are ready to apply all of those changes to your live site, then the brief period that a user may not be able to properly access the site would be rectified rather quickly because the database upgrade process through zc_install forces the site into maintenance mode.

This last part though would suggest that you should apply a test version of your site somewhere on your server to validate that you won't end up with the same issue as currently experiencing..
    Thank you for the information. I took off for vacation, just today returned to the office. I will get the config file by masking the sensitive information here..If we couldnt ascertain the issue through config file I will do the other suggestion you have given. By the way, is there any way to switch off the mails sent through contact us form? Many spam mails are coming through the form

Plugin Contributions

By the way, is there any way to switch off the mails sent through contact us form? Many spam mails are coming through the form
    Get Access Blocker by lat9 and sign up for the free service.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the information. I took off for vacation, just today returned to the office. I will get the config file by masking the sensitive information here..If we couldnt ascertain the issue through config file I will do the other suggestion you have given. By the way, is there any way to switch off the mails sent through contact us form? Many spam mails are coming through the form
    How certain are you that the email is actually generated by someone using the form instead of just grabbing an email address off of the page and using it to create an email? Is it or are they formatted the same way as when you send yourself a test message? If you are logging emails generated by your site, are those emails present?

Plugin Contributions

@Arvinrags - it's really best to stick to one question per thread - get your admin issues fixed, then create a new thread for your email issues.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast