Plugin Contributions

red flag Admin Redirect Error

I have just upgraded a site to 1.5.7d and I am getting a 'Too Many Redirects' Error when logging into the admin. The Admin screen loads, but upon logging in, the error occurs. Any ideas?
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Redirect Error

Any debug-logs generated?

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Admin Redirect Error

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Any debug-logs generated?
    Unfortunately not. I have uninstalled CEON SEO URLS and there was a Cookie Module which I thought could be causing an issue. I uploaded an Admin without any modules installed and it loaded fine. The only other module I can think could be causing an issue is the Numinix Structured Data Module, which isn't required as I use the one by TorVista now.

I am thinking I might just take the Admin without anything installed and re-install all the required modules from scratch. Which is a pain, but might be quicker than hunting for a needled in a haystack, unless you have any other ideas Cindy?

Plugin Contributions

Maybe I remember something like this and I had to go into the db manually to switch off gz compression. Set GZIP_LEVEL to 0. No harm in trying.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Maybe I remember something like this and I had to go into the db manually to switch off gz compression. Set GZIP_LEVEL to 0. No harm in trying.
    Just had a look and it is set to zero anyway

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    Unfortunately not. I have uninstalled CEON SEO URLS and there was a Cookie Module which I thought could be causing an issue. I uploaded an Admin without any modules installed and it loaded fine. The only other module I can think could be causing an issue is the Numinix Structured Data Module, which isn't required as I use the one by TorVista now.

I am thinking I might just take the Admin without anything installed and re-install all the required modules from scratch. Which is a pain, but might be quicker than hunting for a needled in a haystack, unless you have any other ideas Cindy?
    With the Ceon SEO URLs, it's added elements to the site's .htaccess file ... and requires that the admin-folder-name be specifically added to the .htaccess rules so that it doesn't otherwise get redirected.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    With the Ceon SEO URLs, it's added elements to the site's .htaccess file ... and requires that the admin-folder-name be specifically added to the .htaccess rules so that it doesn't otherwise get redirected.
    I uninstalled it Cindy, it was an older version and the admin rules have been added. This appears to be something else, but I don't know what because there aren't any error logs.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    I uninstalled it Cindy, it was an older version and the admin rules have been added. This appears to be something else, but I don't know what because there aren't any error logs.
    Hate to ask. When uninstalling, please identify what actions were performed to accomplish that? I ask because some think uninstalling only involves one action and not always the right one(s).

As to the redirect and the module, the htaccess as relates to it containing the admin directory or not, would not have been the issue based on the info in the OP stating that could access the admin login screen, but after providing credentials could not gain further access.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Admin Redirect Error

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Hate to ask. When uninstalling, please identify what actions were performed to accomplish that? I ask because some think uninstalling only involves one action and not always the right one(s).

As to the redirect and the module, the htaccess as relates to it containing the admin directory or not, would not have been the issue based on the info in the OP stating that could access the admin login screen, but after providing credentials could not gain further access.
    I downloaded the correct version of CEON SEO URL's to match the version that was installed, removed all of the files that matched the module structure, and corrected edits, removed the database tables, and then put htaccess back to a standard install.

I am having more success working with a virgin admin and re-installing each module required from scratch.