Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Slow loading orders

My orders are loading slowly in the admin in 1.5.7d since upgrading

I've tested on a live install and a virgin install, and also by importing minimal orders into the database. Has anybody else had an issue with slow loading orders through the admin in 1.5.7d?

There aren't any error logs either
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Slow loading orders

Try running repair on the database in PHPMyAdmin or similar database tool.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    I've tested on a live install and a virgin install, and also by importing minimal orders into the database. Has anybody else had an issue with slow loading orders through the admin in 1.5.7d?
    Can you confirm the import was done properly, meaning there are no missing entries? For example, orders table has order_id 12345, and orders_products (or orders_status_history) doesn't have that order_id.
    This is something I found interesting with RecentOrdersDashboardWidget.php causing the index page to load extremely slow and it seems to have been caused by partial data in one of the orders tables...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    Try running repair on the database in PHPMyAdmin or similar database tool.

~Melanie
    Well there are around 8 large databases on the hosting account so I am off to back everything up and delete the unnecessary ones. They are old, from previous versions of the website. Then after that, like you say, I'll try running a repair on a spare database so it doesn't cause an issue with the live site if it goes wrong.

Plugin Contributions

I have disabled RecentOrdersDashboardWidget.php for now, just running a repair on the database.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Can you confirm the import was done properly, meaning there are no missing entries? For example, orders table has order_id 12345, and orders_products (or orders_status_history) doesn't have that order_id.
    This is something I found interesting with RecentOrdersDashboardWidget.php causing the index page to load extremely slow and it seems to have been caused by partial data in one of the orders tables...
    And the import was done very carefully and correctly, in fact several times to make sure it had actually been done correctly

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    My orders are loading slowly in the admin in 1.5.7d since upgrading

There aren't any error logs either
    zc157a introduced a popover functionality to the orders' listing to quickly view the products that are in a specific order. If the associated site has a bunch of attributed-products, that can significantly slow down the rendering of the orders' listing display.

You can change the behavior by editing the core-file /admin/orders.php. Find (close to the top of the file):
    Code:
    $quick_view_popover_enabled = false;
    $includeAttributesInProductDetailRows = true;
    and change to
    Code:
    $includeAttributesInProductDetailRows = false;

Plugin Contributions

> This is something I found interesting with RecentOrdersDashboardWidget.php causing the index page to load extremely slow and it seems to have been caused by partial data in one of the orders tables...

@balihr would you please provide an example of something that induces this? I'd like to add this check to the audit tool.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    zc157a introduced a popover functionality to the orders' listing to quickly view the products that are in a specific order. If the associated site has a bunch of attributed-products, that can significantly slow down the rendering of the orders' listing display.

You can change the behavior by editing the core-file /admin/orders.php. Find (close to the top of the file):
    Code:
    $includeAttributesInProductDetailRows = true;
    and change to
    Code:
    $includeAttributesInProductDetailRows = false;
    Just done that, after no joy repairing the database and they load like lightning. I was just looking at it here when you replied Cindy https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/speed/admin_slow/

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    > This is something I found interesting with RecentOrdersDashboardWidget.php causing the index page to load extremely slow and it seems to have been caused by partial data in one of the orders tables...

@balihr would you please provide an example of something that induces this? I'd like to add this check to the audit tool.
    I don't have all the details just yet because it's still WIP. The version upgrade wasn't done by me, but it's a dev site with an upgraded DB and the orders table has only a few hundred of the latest orders, whilst all other orders_ tables have a lot more records (the live site has over 100k orders in the DB). I have no idea how or why the orders table was chopped, but both the index page and orders page are extremely slow to load. I changed RecentOrdersDashboardWidget.php from
    Code:
    $sql = "SELECT o.orders_id as orders_id, o.customers_name as customers_name, o.customers_id,
                       o.date_purchased as date_purchased, o.currency, o.currency_value,
                       ot.class, ot.text as order_total, ot.value as order_value
                FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o
                LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot ON (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id AND class = 'ot_total')
                ORDER BY orders_id DESC";
    to
    Code:
    $sql = "SELECT o.orders_id as orders_id, o.customers_name as customers_name, o.customers_id,
                       o.date_purchased as date_purchased, o.currency, o.currency_value,
                       ot.class, ot.text as order_total, ot.value as order_value
                FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot
                 WHERE o.orders_id = ot.orders_id AND ot.class = 'ot_total'
                ORDER BY orders_id DESC";
    and it worked like a charm.
    Didn't investigate any further because I asked for clarification why the orders table was butchered and am awaiting info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast