Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Customer Forced to Join Up

After I saw this post, I tested it on my end. Unfortunately, my site has the same issue now. So in your shopping cart, if you click the PayPal Express Checkout button, the paypal landing page will still show the "checkout with debit/credit card" section below the PayPal login section. Click on that link, you can still fill your card & address info, but the "Continue" button below is changed to "Create Account & Continue". So you have to sign up a PayPal account then.

I tried to disable InContext in the zen cart settings, and comment out the code mentioned above, issue remains. I have not checked my Paypal account and maybe there is a settings under PayPal Account Optional. I found one similar discussion from the link below.

https://github.com/woocommerce/wooco...ment-542507503

But I don't really want to disable InContext because my customers typically will buy more than one item in one order, it is still unclear to me the quantity or product limit in the shopping cart if InContext is disabled.

I also find this issue may be related to the different computers or browsers. I tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge on computer #1 and I found this issue. Incognito mode is also tried with no difference. I tried firefox on computer #2 and it is good there, not "Created Account & Continue" any more. No file nor settings are changed during this test. I tried Chrome on computer #2 and the issue remains.

PayPal US customer.
    Last edited by njcyx; 5 May 2022 at 05:57 PM.

Plugin Contributions

hi,
    yes, exactly the issues i had, even in your actual Paypal account settings with the account set to allow customers the option to choose,
    the shopping cart over-rides this and switches to MARK, gosh this is frustrating.

I think if i can somehow work out this new three button paypal option for cusomers to pay, or i am seriously thinking of just getting
    a new card provider for just card payments, as i have wasted months on this issue.
    Paypal say it is a zencart module error, but have admitted in the code there is a bug, but are happy to keep it as it is,
    so a dead end.

Again yesterday a customer said let them know when i have resolved the Paypal issue, and they will buy,
    as they think i am stealing there card info! - 22 years online trading and still the shopping carts can't get it right.

good luck, and let us all know if you manage to fix it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Footie1 View Post
    I think if i can somehow work out this new three button paypal option for cusomers to pay, or i am seriously thinking of just getting
    a new card provider for just card payments, as i have wasted months on this issue.
    I recommend running Square credit card payments alongside PayPal EC. Square's fees in the UK are less than PayPal and all this angst disappears.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    I recommend running Square credit card payments alongside PayPal EC. Square's fees in the UK are less than PayPal and all this angst disappears.
    get the new square web payments module as the version included with zen cart expires in June.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    get the new square web payments module as the version included with zen cart expires in June.
    Yes, and try to sign up with Square using the ZC affiliate link on https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...s-for-Zen-Cart
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

wow, YES this seems to be the solution then.
    Pity Paypal were not more responsive to me on this issue, never get fobbed off.

I have now signed up to square and i need to work out how to install the module,(cake will arrive for the use),
    once it is all up and running i will report back, so now Paypal will lose out on quite a lot of transactions now.
    thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Footie1 - You may want to change the sort order for payments too. I placed Square before PayPal for easy identification that it is a separate payment option.
    My store - closed 12/05/2023
    1.5.7d (upgraded from 1.5.7b), clone a template (cloned Responsive Classic Template), Sitemap XML v4.0, Square WebPay, PayPal Express Checkout, PHP Version: 7.4.29 (Zend: 3.4.0)

Plugin Contributions

interesting option indeed.

I signed up to square, but i am now swaying to the Paypal script cart option of hte three buttons Papyl.Paypal-credit/pay via Paypal with cards,
    for my ease of admin as i am trying to simplyfy things for everyone as well.

I will update you as to my end results.
    Thanks for everyones input on this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Footie1 View Post
    interesting option indeed.

I signed up to square, but i am now swaying to the Paypal script cart option of hte three buttons Papyl.Paypal-credit/pay via Paypal with cards,
    for my ease of admin as i am trying to simplyfy things for everyone as well.

I will update you as to my end results.
    Thanks for everyones input on this.
    Would appreciate knowing how you get along with this. I am having similar issues again based in uk.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ianhg View Post
    Would appreciate knowing how you get along with this. I am having similar issues again based in uk.
    HI,
    yes i am in the UK as well, i did wonder if the Paypal module should have been set for the .co.uk and not the .com,
    so i tried it, same effect, customer forced to signup to paypal.

Paypal tech told me today to ask zencart, but i am after the direct Paypal three buttin script option from them,
    still chasing tails here, but i will get there and share my journey,
    oh and learn to type better by slowing down and bloomin reading what i write first before posting.
    regards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast