Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Customer Forced to Join Up

Quote Originally Posted by Footie1 View Post
    HI,
    yes i am in the UK as well, i did wonder if the Paypal module should have been set for the .co.uk and not the .com,
    so i tried it, same effect, customer forced to signup to paypal.

Paypal tech told me today to ask zencart, but i am after the direct Paypal three buttin script option from them,
    still chasing tails here, but i will get there and share my journey,
    oh and learn to type better by slowing down and bloomin reading what i write first before posting.
    regards.
    Thanks for replying. I found that if I tried to use a browser that knew I had a PayPal account the option to pay by Credit card didn't appear. Using a different browser option was available. Changed the settings in PayPal express to read "Use InContext Checkout?
    Old"
    Also made sure the PayPal account had optional payment allowed. In PayPal account >Account settings>Website payment preferences>PayPal account optional to on.

Still would prefer to use CC payments on the website with PayPal do the processing in the background. But PayFlow does not seem to be working properly.

Appreciate the feedback thanks

Plugin Contributions

oops, posted my answer on the wrong thread before.
    so here it is again.

I am till after a tech guy to switch over the php 7.4 over to 8.1 = just needs the template code settings switched.
    i have my own hosting, and can easily swap to the new version there, but it needs the template code updated to match it.

Not sure where to post this job apart from here, but yes i understand PM system is needed.
    But who has the skill to update this for me, a fixed fee payment is waiting.

OH - An update on the Square credit card situation is below.

I have the module installed, but the real pain was getting the token to be set as ON.
    turned out it was an easy fix, but it took me four days.
    So to help people not waste that time, the solution was.

in your square account, on th oAth section enter the link there as,
    https://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.COMmmmmmmmmm...ay_handler.php

THEN go to your zencart,
    Admin/Modules/Payment/Square Webpay, EDIT/ THEN JUST CLICK THE AUTHENTICATE LINK THERE, JOB DONE!

i switched it on, yes it is there, but i am not happy at having the customer input all the card details direct on my website,
    depite using SSL. So does anyone know if they have a system like paypal where it is a pop up, or total page redirect?

Plugin Contributions

/squareWebPay_handler.php

Plugin Contributions

Here is a different approach I tried: I installed one page checkout plug-in

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.p...2095&styleid=2

So the customer can directly use guest checkout function to check out without creating a zen cart/paypal account, using PayPal Payments Pro plug-in not PayPal express checkout plug-in. It works great.

Plugin Contributions

Unless you specifically have your PayPal account set to provide options to the customer, PayPal will, at some point, "hide" the ability to use a credit card and "appear" to require PayPal signup.

So, while you may think what you have done has solved your customers' problems, it just might not have. May need one more step. If you do not have a business account, you may have to do that as well.

If you do have a business account, https://www.paypal.com/businessmanage/account/website may help. You'll find the PayPal Account Optional choice under the WebsitePayments >> Website Preferences. Please note these links may not be current at a later date.

I don't have access to a non-business PayPal account to check if those options are even available to non-business.

HTH

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123