Thread: Sale Maker App

Plugin Contributions

Default Sale Maker App

This is just a general enquiry about the usability of the Sale Maker facility.
    Is there a plan to add the ability to create a sale for products of a certain brand? At the moment you can only apply a discount/sale to a category or sub-category of products. But you can't select a brand of products. So, in my case, if I wanted to put a 20% off on all Falcon products, which are spread across a number of different product categories, I can't do that. If I wanted to put a discount on a particular brand of model decal, I can't do that either from the Sale Maker. The only way I can do this is to go into every individual product and create a discount which isn't practical and very time consuming if there a lot of them as these discounts will then have to be removed for each one.

I just think this would make for an awesome added function to the Sale Maker facility.
    Cheers, John.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sale Maker App

1.5.8 is talking brands but, I'm not sure it's in the context you are wanting.

As a workaround, You could create a category for Falcon Products, and link the items to that category. Then, you could apply the sale that way.

I haven't tried this on a site but, have use linked products a lot and it can be helpful.

Plugin Contributions

Hi John,
    You know my website, all the categories are listed on the left side of the front page. If I created a category for every brand that would make for a very long list :)

Plugin Contributions

Put them under “Brands by Name”. Then, there’s only one item in the categories.

see enightlights.com