Plugin Contributions

Default Breadcrumb Issue

If I go to a product info page within a category, the breadcrumb trail shows the category followed by the product title as it should. If I then click a different category in the category sidebox, the breadcrumb shows the new category followed by the previously viewed product title. Does anyone else see this behavior? I would expect the previously viewed product title to not appear.

If I click the return to product listing button when a product info page is shown, the breadcrumb changes to show just the category, as expected. If I click the previous or next button, the breadcrumb shows the category and the new product as expected.

zc157c, php 8, sba, edit orders, zxpos (commercial), CSAR, better together (commercial), other discount-related add-ons

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Breadcrumb Issue

Could it be template-related? Does your template modify breadcrumbs class in any way? I don't see how any of the plugins you listed would be responsible for it, nor would php version affect it (just tried it on 7.4 and 8.0)...

Plugin Contributions

zxpos bypasses the breadcrumb logic in tpl_main_page.php but I can't see how that would be causing the problem I'm seeing. I did not change anything in the breadcrumb class. I'm in the process of checking every file with a reference to the class to see if any changes have been made that could affect the breadcrumb trail display. bahlir, I take it you do not see this behavior with php 7.4 or 8.0. Is that correct?
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dave224 View Post
    zxpos bypasses the breadcrumb logic in tpl_main_page.php but I can't see how that would be causing the problem I'm seeing.

Where? I mean, it is my module, but I don't recall making ANY modifications to the breadcrumbs. It does affect top nav links in tpl_header.php, but those are not breadcrumbs, it's just simple links, just like create account, shopping cart etc...

I did not change anything in the breadcrumb class. I'm in the process of checking every file with a reference to the class to see if any changes have been made that could affect the breadcrumb trail display. bahlir, I take it you do not see this behavior with php 7.4 or 8.0. Is that correct?
    Dave
    I've tried a vanilla 1.5.7d on php 7.4 and 8.0, and I tried 1.5.7d+zxpos on both php versions. Breadcrumbs worked fine every time. (just a note that 1.5.7c vs 1.5.7d is irrelevant for breadcrumbs, nothing has changed there).

Plugin Contributions

So on the "is it a template based" issue, while the problem may persist, if it goes away, then the cause is obvious. Temporarily change to one of the built-in, unmodified templates, either responsive classic or just classic. Try to replicate the issue, if it doesn't happen then it's definitely template related. If it still happens, it might be template related.

As for your list of plugins, what about one's that had been installed, but are considered to have been removed?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

bahilr, you are correct. Your module does not bypass the breadcrumb logic in tpl_main_page.php. I added the bypass at the request of our point of sale user who wanted more screen space and did not need the brumbcrumb trail. Removing the bypass does not fix the problem I'm seeing.

Thank you for your module and your interest in helping with my problem.

Dave

Plugin Contributions

mc12345678, great idea to see if the problem appears in another template! I tried another template and the problem does not appear. It's a problem somewhere in my template. Thank you for another debugging tip.
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Found the problem. It is caused by a problem in the Product Listing Sorter plugin in includes/templates/MY_TEMPLATE/sideboxes/tpl_categories.php. An issue will be entered in the plugin github site.