Plugin Contributions

Default Payment Modules request

New to the forums so hello to all.

I am a web host that has been supporting ecommerce websites for the better part of the last 20 years on various platforms. So much has changed with regard to payment processing in that time and it seems to continue to get more and more complicated for store owners.

For instance, it used to be very taboo to use third party payment processing to complete transactions but due to PCI/PIPEDA/GDPR this is now becoming common place and in my view imperative. This is I think is the Achilles Heel of Zen Cart. There are some strides in that direction with "First Data Hosted Checkout Payment Pages" and "Square" but in my experience the vast majority of store owners in the USA/CAN are still using and prefer the mainstays of Authorize.net and PayPal Pro/PayFlow Pro for processing (both of which offer a Hosted Transaction option for integration)

This brings me to my question for the module builders on this forum?
    With the deprecation of Authorize.net AIM/SIM/DPM these methods will soon be retired (I believe SIM already is). The transitions for AuthNet are into the 'Authorize.net API', 'Accept Hosted', and 'Accept.js' methods. For PayPal, they have made many improvements to Hosted Payment Page integrations that make this seamless. At the end of the day, the idea is to do all that we can to reduce the scope of stores in the eyes of the compliance authorities and the best method available is by using hosted payment pages.

Are any builders looking into building a plugin/integration for Authorize.net Accept Hosted or PayPal PayFlow Hosted Page (or other gateways)?
    Are there builders that may want to collaborate on putting these options together?

Mark Shipp
    Cognecy Solutions, LLC
    Last edited by Cognecy; 12 May 2022 at 08:32 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment Modules request

Quote Originally Posted by Cognecy View Post
    New to the forums so hello to all.

I am a web host that has been supporting ecommerce websites for the better part of the last 20 years on various platforms. So much has changed with regard to payment processing in that time and it seems to continue to get more and more complicated for store owners.

For instance, it used to be very taboo to use third party payment processing to complete transactions but due to PCI/PIPEDA/GDPR this is now becoming common place and in my view imperative. This is I think is the Achilles Heel of Zen Cart. There are some strides in that direction with "First Data Hosted Checkout Payment Pages" and "Square" but in my experience the vast majority of store owners in the USA/CAN are still using and prefer the mainstays of Authorize.net and PayPal Pro/PayFlow Pro for processing (both of which offer a Hosted Transaction option for integration)

This brings me to my question for the module builders on this forum?
    With the deprecation of Authorize.net AIM/SIM/DPM these methods will soon be retired (I believe SIM already is). The transitions for AuthNet are into the 'Authorize.net API', 'Accept Hosted', and 'Accept.js' methods. For PayPal, they have made many improvements to Hosted Payment Page integrations that make this seamless. At the end of the day, the idea is to do all that we can to reduce the scope of stores in the eyes of the compliance authorities and the best method available is by using hosted payment pages.

Are any builders looking into building a plugin/integration for Authorize.net Accept Hosted or PayPal PayFlow Hosted Page (or other gateways)?
    Are there builders that may want to collaborate on putting these options together?

Mark Shipp
    Cognecy Solutions, LLC
    i dispute much (not all) of what you are saying... respectfully...

lets start with the deprecation of the auth.net methods. any idea how long auth.net has been saying that? do they have planned dates? my understanding is that they still get too much business through those methods, so they have chosen to not deprecate them. in addition, the auth.net module i developed, uses the auth.net api and the amount of activity, ie downloads, is minimal. you can see that module here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2272
    or here:
    https://github.com/proseLA/authorizenet_cim

square, on the other hand, came out with a firm deprecation date for their SqPaymentForm library which was the method ZC used in its square implemention. someone from ZC asked me if i would update/create a new module based on squares's new WebPayments SDK. which i graciously offered to do, and can be seen here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2345

based on the activity, i would dispute your claim as to which payment method is the more popular.

with regards to paypal, ZC offers 3 solutions, of which i believe the recommended solution is paypal express, which, in my experience is hosted at paypal.

unfortunately i can not keep up with everything that paypal does or their terminology, as i am personally not a fan of the company.

so in answer to your question, i am always open to listening on collaborations. so feel free to PM me.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.