No Upgrade Button available to Upgrade from ZenCart version 1.5.4 to version 1.5.7d

Okay My webhost updated their PHP and I found our little Farm/Ranch ZenCart, that we use to take Paypal/credit card payments for puppies, rummage items, small job services, and used equipment, just was not working properly any more. Actually, I am getting to the point I prefer these type of payments, now that the Bank charges the depositor large enough fees for just unbeknown accepting a NSF check. Those fees use to go on the person who wrote the NSF check.

Anyway, time to upgrade. I have also installed ZenCart updates for a couple non-profits I help out, and a few other individuals who have small stores. So, I'm certainly no expert, but can read instructions and do have a little bit experience installing ZenCart and upgrading it, now and then, over the last 20 years.

But, I have never been so confused with directions as I have been the last 3 Days in doing a upgrade from from ZenCart version 1.5.4, over to version 1.5.7d. I read the directions. I read the forum tips for a few people who are experiencing the same problems as myself. And so that confirmed there is indeed a problem! I was totally going crazy to figure out WHAT IS THE MATTER, NOTHING WORKS THAT WAS USUAL!

Anyway, if you are to that point. Here is what worked for me:

1. Read the Zen/Cart install directions, especially make backups of your database and your old store as recommended.

2. Make your new store database from your webhost control panel.
If in example and if your server ID is overthere6:
Name of Your Old Database was: overthere6_mystore16
Make your new store database, as example:
Name of new Database: overthere6_mystore22
User Name: overthere6_yepmystore
Password: YippyMyStoreIs1

3. Now go to your old store (overthere6_mystore16) using phpMyAdmin. Go to "Home", click on your old store database name first, then make sure the "Stucture" tab is open.
A: Go down to bottom of that page and check the box that says "Check All" then from the dropdown pick "Export" and click the Go button.
B: Then save that file to your computer as sql file, which option for, should already be shown.

4. Now go back to the "Home" in phpMyAdmin, and go highlight the name of your new database for the new store (overthere6_mystore22).
A. Up on the top menu tabs pick "Import". And search for the file you just saved earlier and import that in.
B. Maybe you don't need to do these next few steps "C. through F". If you don't want to. But, in my case, I had to, as it seemed like something was in the sql file from the old data copy that would not let me get the upgrade file button. After I did these next few steps my problems were fewer.
C. Go back to the "Struture" tab of your new database (overthere6_mystore16). You will see all the tables you just installed. Go down to bottom of that page and check the box that says "Check All" then from the dropdown pick "Export" and click the Go button.
D. Then save that file to your computer as sql file, which which option should already should be shown. You will also see this new sql file will have the name of your new database on it (overthere6_mystore22)
E. Now under the same "Struture" tab of your new database (overthere6_mystore16). You will see all the tables you just installed. Go down to bottom of that page and check the box that says "Check All" then from the dropdown pick below "Delete data or table" and pick "Drop" and click the Go button. That will delete the files you bought over from your old shopping cart.
F. Then go back to top menu tabs and pick "Import". Search for the last file you just saved earlier that has your new database file name on that (overthere6_mystore16) and import that. ....Again, this might not be necessary to do, but in my case, I could not get the Upgrade button on the installer until I did this.

5. Go into you FTP program, and make a new folder for your new updated ZenCart version 1.5.7d store. Example: "store22" http://mydomainname.com/store22/

6. FTP upload all the files you unzip for ZenCart version 1.5.7d to that new store folder.

7. Go to your old store image folder and copy all your pictures and other picture folders you made there in the "images" folder, for your store items, and copy to your computer, then upload them to your "images" folder in the new store.

8. Copy over your logo pics also to your computer and then later you can install that into the template area where you will want to use it.

9. Now, pay attention to this. In your new store files, main area "includes/dist-configure.php" LEAVE THAT FILE ALONE! DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN IT! Same with "admin/includes/dist-configure.php" LEAVE THAT FILE ALONE TOO! DO NOT CHANGE NOTHING IN THOSE TWO FILES!!

10. Go back to your old store. What we want to do is copy both of your old configure.php files there. On your Computer make a folder called: "includes-Config" and a second folder called "admin includes-Config".

11. Now go to your old store and download from "includes/" your old "configure.php" file to the "includes-Config" folder on you computer.

12. Next, go to your old store and download from "admin/includes/" your old "configure.php" file to the "admin includes-Config" folder on you computer.

13. Open both of these files in Notepad, and change the Database name, the User, and the Login to you new database info. Also check the URLs so they go to the location of your new store. Example: http://mydomainname.com/store22/

14. Upload these "configure.php" files to correct location in your new store. Just leave the "dist-configure.php" files as they are DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ON THOSE TWO.

15. Go to your browser and to your store zc_install. Example: http://mydomainname.com/store22/zc_install/ Hopefully, it will tell you that your store Configuration needs upgrading, like it did for me. Click the button and then click the upgrade option.

16. When done, delete the zc_install folder and rename your admin file. Follow the rest of the instructions.

17. If you were using a old template on your old store, it probably will not show or open, since not installed, or maybe will not work with it's old coding. Login to your new admin file name, using same user name and password as on your old store file, and go to Tools>>Template, and pick one of the two templates that comes with the install. Then your store should show up in a browser for you.

18. After that, use the rest of the directions that came with the new store to do any needed extras, security, modules, etc., etc. Then test your store and make sure it is operational and will charge your accounts properly.

19. Update your website URLs to your ZenCart store link and your new store is in business.

I hope this helps a few of you....Good Luck!