Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Activity Dashboard

Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-22 100121.png
Views: 140
Size:  11.2 KB

This screen confuses me. The numbers NEVER add up. I see 5 connections at the bottom but only 1 spider currently on the site. If I click on details, I get no activity at all.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Activity Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-22 100121.png
Views: 140
Size:  11.2 KB

This screen confuses me. The numbers NEVER add up. I see 5 connections at the bottom but only 1 spider currently on the site. If I click on details, I get no activity at all.
    When you say that you click on "details" you meant to say that when you click on the "More..." link, correct? If so, that link takes you to the who's online page with the options set to their default which is to ignore admin and spiders. As far as counting the number of spiders currently on the site, that is something not routinely done though session's may get counted.

So what happens in those views when the show spiders flag is set to yes? Does the number at least get close? Possibly with a difference of one?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    When you say that you click on "details" you meant to say that when you click on the "More..." link, correct? If so, that link takes you to the who's online page with the options set to their default which is to ignore admin and spiders. As far as counting the number of spiders currently on the site, that is something not routinely done though session's may get counted.

So what happens in those views when the show spiders flag is set to yes? Does the number at least get close? Possibly with a difference of one?
    Yes, the more button lol. I have spiders excluded from the details so I was not looking for those. I know I have at least one Admin session going when I am doing this. But the numbers are typically off by 3 or 4. If it had been Total - Spiders - 1 Admin, that would have made total sense.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    Yes, the more button lol. I have spiders excluded from the details so I was not looking for those. I know I have at least one Admin session going when I am doing this. But the numbers are typically off by 3 or 4. If it had been Total - Spiders - 1 Admin, that would have made total sense.
    Well, I neglected to indicate in the who's online window that there are actually two selections, one that hides spiders and one that hides Admins.

It's my understanding that the widget is intended to give a ballpark indication of activity, not necessarily a complete breakdown of everything possible. There are a number of existing threads that discuss this aspect, but I haven't done the research to guide you to those other than what might be below in the related threads. If desired to find more, I would suggest using your favorite internet search engine to find more threads instead of the search tool of this forum.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...