Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Near Houston, TX
    Posts
    495
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Admin Activity Dashboard

    Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-22 100121.png
Views: 77
Size:  11.2 KB

    This screen confuses me. The numbers NEVER add up. I see 5 connections at the bottom but only 1 spider currently on the site. If I click on details, I get no activity at all.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,324
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Admin Activity Dashboard

    Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-22 100121.png
Views: 77
Size:  11.2 KB

    This screen confuses me. The numbers NEVER add up. I see 5 connections at the bottom but only 1 spider currently on the site. If I click on details, I get no activity at all.
    When you say that you click on "details" you meant to say that when you click on the "More..." link, correct? If so, that link takes you to the who's online page with the options set to their default which is to ignore admin and spiders. As far as counting the number of spiders currently on the site, that is something not routinely done though session's may get counted.

    So what happens in those views when the show spiders flag is set to yes? Does the number at least get close? Possibly with a difference of one?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Near Houston, TX
    Posts
    495
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Admin Activity Dashboard

    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    When you say that you click on "details" you meant to say that when you click on the "More..." link, correct? If so, that link takes you to the who's online page with the options set to their default which is to ignore admin and spiders. As far as counting the number of spiders currently on the site, that is something not routinely done though session's may get counted.

    So what happens in those views when the show spiders flag is set to yes? Does the number at least get close? Possibly with a difference of one?
    Yes, the more button lol. I have spiders excluded from the details so I was not looking for those. I know I have at least one Admin session going when I am doing this. But the numbers are typically off by 3 or 4. If it had been Total - Spiders - 1 Admin, that would have made total sense.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16,324
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Admin Activity Dashboard

    Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    Yes, the more button lol. I have spiders excluded from the details so I was not looking for those. I know I have at least one Admin session going when I am doing this. But the numbers are typically off by 3 or 4. If it had been Total - Spiders - 1 Admin, that would have made total sense.
    Well, I neglected to indicate in the who's online window that there are actually two selections, one that hides spiders and one that hides Admins.

    It's my understanding that the widget is intended to give a ballpark indication of activity, not necessarily a complete breakdown of everything possible. There are a number of existing threads that discuss this aspect, but I haven't done the research to guide you to those other than what might be below in the related threads. If desired to find more, I would suggest using your favorite internet search engine to find more threads instead of the search tool of this forum.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. v153 Couldnt access admin dashboard - too many redirects error
    By Arvinrags in forum Installing on a Linux/Unix Server
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18 May 2022, 10:46 AM
  2. Admin Dashboard customization
    By Mikeondraco in forum General Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 1 Jan 2019, 11:26 PM
  3. v154 Icons or images are not showing in admin dashboard
    By Annie_zaz in forum General Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21 Jan 2016, 03:57 PM
  4. v150 cryptic php error message foils loading of my admin dashboard
    By cyberbaffled in forum Installing on a Linux/Unix Server
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21 Apr 2012, 09:36 PM
  5. Survey for Zen Cart v2.0 Admin Dashboard
    By Kim in forum General Questions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 4 Jul 2011, 03:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR