Plugin Contributions

Default Change name of links in information side box

Site details in Sig.

I cannot for the life of me remember where and how to change the name of the links in the information sidebox, I managed to do this in the more information side box but cannot find where I did this, help please!!
    https://www.angiesartspace.co.uk/ Zen cart version v1.5.8, MySQL Database version10.3.35-MariaDB-cll-lve, PHP Version 7.4.30, Template Bootstrap 4.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change name of links in information side box

Can you be more specific about which link(s) you want to change?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, in the information sidebox I want to change the name of the link Privacy Notice.
    https://www.angiesartspace.co.uk/ Zen cart version v1.5.8, MySQL Database version10.3.35-MariaDB-cll-lve, PHP Version 7.4.30, Template Bootstrap 4.

Plugin Contributions

OK. So you will find in includes/languages/english.php

define('BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY', 'Privacy Notice');

Copy this file (if you haven't already) to includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php

then modify it there.

You may also wish to modify
    includes/languages/english/privacy.php
    (which has the page title) in the same way - copy to includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/privacy.php
    and update.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you thats done the trick

Plugin Contributions

Just adding to this thread a little help for those in the future as the real details of this issue have not (yet) been captured in this thread. I say this because 1) the process to locate the information to be modified has not been provided, 2) the location identified to contain the text is appropriate for the referenced version but is always possible to be changed in the future and may have been different in the past (I haven't researched the details), 3) the issue has been described as in reference to the information in the poster's signature. Unfortunately as can be seen in the below referenced link, such information is not permanently kept with the post. Therefore, in support of those seeking assistance on this topic, the OP's signature content is provided below:

OPs signature:
    https://www.angiesartspace.co.uk/
    Zen cart version v1.5.7d, MySQL Version 10.3.34-MariaDB-cll-lve, PHP Version 7.4.28, Clone a Template ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template, Cloned ZCA Bootstrap template work in progress!
    Note the date of this post and then the content of the signature. The pertinent details of that post are further provided below in the event it too gets modified.
    Link: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....993#post282993
    Pertinent content of post at above link:
    Post date: 27 Oct 2006, 01:06 AM
    Title: Version 1.3.6 Released
    Current signature at that post: If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!
    Note how a post made almost 16 years ago had a signature about software that wasn't available for some 10 years later.... point is, signatures are malleable, details related to an issue should be captured in the post content.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks MC, my signature is correct and will change only when it needs updating, also you have confused me aswell with the link you put ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Angiex1 View Post
    Thanks MC, my signature is correct and will change only when it needs updating, also you have confused me aswell with the link you put ?
    Instead of me using more words to cause confusion, please explain what the confusion is.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Ok without the quotes in I can see what you are saying with my signature, but typing out exactly the same thing everytime I start a thread and as have often seen in the forum being asked to type it out again later in the same thread to me can be the same, those details can change in ten years time, the person posting may no longer have a zen cart shop or even have a shop, my signature will get changed when needed currently it is upto date and saves people having to go to the first post in a thread and me time. At the very least unlike a lot of threads I see I do click the drop down for the version I am using!

Plugin Contributions

interesting information