Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Call to undefined function: mysql_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector for P

Sorry I can't tell you what ZC version is on https://alanachurch.com because I can't enter it at all. The index page works but the entire library, normally accessible at https://alanachurch.com/library, just displays the error message:

"Call to undefined function: mysql_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector for PHP"

I think HostGator screwed with some settings, but they're refusing to answer my queries for help. So I don't know that for sure, either. None of the other sites we're hosting have been affected, though.

I know I need to upgrade the ZC version, and I'm hoping that will help. But php and I have a longstanding hate-hate relationship, so I'm very leery about the process at the best of times. Doubly so when this is a fairly old shopping cart, so I don't know which set of procedures I need to follow.

So...please help? I appreciate it very much!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector f

You can find the base Zen Cart version by logging into your site's cPanel and, using the File Manager, view the (normally) public_html/includes/version.php.

It sounds like your custom (?) library is using the older mysql* functions (which are no longer supported) instead of the mysqli* functions (which are).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector f

> Doubly so when this is a fairly old shopping cart, so I don't know which set of procedures I need to follow.

Here are the procedures:
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgrading/
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I went through every step of the Upgrading link you sent me, and followed the instructions. It's taken me 3 days to go through every file and try to catch all the changes that were made to the original. I'm pretty sure I got all of them. So I uploaded the new files per instruction. Now I'm getting this error message:

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Not very helpful.

Plugin Contributions

go look in the mydebug logs "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." is always a database error
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Here's how the logs @barco57 referenced work:

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ng/debug_logs/

Plugin Contributions

[29-Jun-2022 14:48:12 America/Chicago] Request URI: /library/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_96&products_id=316, IP address: 66.249.73.136
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/home2/boruma/public_html/alanachurch.com/library/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:170]
    #2 queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home2/boruma/public_html/alanachurch.com/library/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:142]
    #3 queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home2/boruma/public_html/alanachurch.com/library/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:226]
    #4 queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home2/boruma/public_html/alanachurch.com/library/includes/classes/PluginManager.php:29]
    #5 Zencart\PluginManager\PluginManager->getInstalledPlugins() called at [/home2/boruma/public_html/alanachurch.com/library/includes/application_top.php:192]
    #6 require(/home2/boruma/public_html/alanachurch.com/library/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home2/boruma/public_html/alanachurch.com/library/index.php:25]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1146:Table 'boruma_zncr3.zc_plugin_control' doesn't exist :: SELECT * FROM zc_plugin_control WHERE status = 1 ==> (as called by) /home2/boruma/public_html/alanachurch.com/library/includes/classes/PluginManager.php on line 29 <== in /home2/boruma/public_html/alanachurch.com/library/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 170.

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps you didn't run zc_install?

Plugin Contributions

I handled it the way I've done other upgrades: I renamed the zc_install folder to match what was already on the server, and simply uploaded all the files. New files overwrote the old files, and it worked perfectly first time, every time. Why shouldn't it do the same this time?

Plugin Contributions

You must be thinking of the admin folder.

zc_install is a procedure you need to run during an upgrade. The folder zc_install isn't on a live site; you upload it, run zc_install and then remove it.

Click the link I posted earlier and read it; it describes running the zc_install process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast