Plugin Contributions

Default I can only activated one state sales tax.

I have followed the directions to implement sales tax. I can only implement one. If I try to add an additional state sales tax, the system simply adds them together. For example, I charged CA residents taxes with no problem. I suddenly had to add MA sales tax. An MA resident pays both rates, added together. Not good. I am using version v1.5.5e. I have exhaustively followed videos and written procedures. I cannot get past this. Please advise on any solutions.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I can only activated one state sales tax.

Please provide more detail about the specific settings for the zones definitions, tax classes and tax rates.

Understanding that you are experiencing frustration. Asking that you take a breath and consider that those here basically only know how your system is setup based on what is written for us. For example we now know that some instruction somewhere was followed or attempted to follow and other resources were used. We also know that the desired outcome was not achieved and at the end of things, when someone attempted to get a tax applied for one location all available tax rates were applied rather than just the one expected.

Unfortunately, to help you, readers would likely need more unless some random guess is offered.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I followed instructions on this link:

https://www.fastcomet.com/tutorials/...rt/taxes#step1

• Step 1: Define a Tax Zone
    • Step 2: Create a Tax Class
    • Step 3: Create a Tax Rate

In Zone definitions. I added “Massachusetts local sales tax zone”. It is listed, but gives a “red light” as non-configured. There appears to be no way to change this status.

I created a “tax class”, ID 1 Taxable goods, ID 2 taxable goods (MA). I believe I only needed one class. I tried to delete the second one, but that appears to be impossible.

I have successfully added two tax rates: CA and MA. They are being added together though, for MA orders.

I am very stuck. I can’t even delete the tax information I have recently configured.

Plugin Contributions

I would like to add, in Zone definitions, CA has two zones and MA has zero zones. That seems incorrect and it is not apparent how to change this.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know what you did, but I believe I fixed it. I was in "zone definitions" and I went into "details" and inserted the missing zone into MA. I also deleted a second zone in California, which was causing the problem of adding two tax rates. I tested it. so far so good.

Plugin Contributions

Good. Though to ensure that there isn't an issue possibly caused by something else, would you mind also answering the posting tips questions? For example how was this version installed? Was it a one click installation or did you do the install using the files reachable from the main page of this site? History of the store (available from the version link in the admin), etc...

The other issues described are a little concerning and shouldn't be happening, but understanding the conditions helps to find solutions.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by venice71 View Post
    I don't know what you did, but I believe I fixed it. I was in "zone definitions" and I went into "details" and inserted the missing zone into MA. I also deleted a second zone in California, which was causing the problem of adding two tax rates. I tested it. so far so good.
    As far as "what" I did? I would say that I encouraged a nearly step by step review of how to recreate the issue, which have you a great opportunity to put the pieces together.

Answering those posting tips (even after the first post) should help you and anyone else that finds this thread of some use.

Plugin Contributions

It's been awhile since I installed it. I recall that I downloaded the files via an ftp client to my root directory. I then went to the setup page in the browser, installed and began to configure the site. I have done this twice, with no issues. The site is secondary, and reachable via links from the main site. The version is v1.5.5e. I want to upgrade but I don't want to risk destroying what I have. Clicking onto the "details" in zone definitions appeared to solve the problem. I simply inserted the correct tax rate and deleted anything incorrect. California has a different tax rate in every community. I did NOT venture to solve that. I don't have enough orders there, and the coding would be horrendously long. I just used an average tax rate.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by venice71 View Post
    It's been awhile since I installed it. I recall that I downloaded the files via an ftp client to my root directory. I then went to the setup page in the browser, installed and began to configure the site. I have done this twice, with no issues. The site is secondary, and reachable via links from the main site. The version is v1.5.5e. I want to upgrade but I don't want to risk destroying what I have. Clicking onto the "details" in zone definitions appeared to solve the problem. I simply inserted the correct tax rate and deleted anything incorrect. California has a different tax rate in every community. I did NOT venture to solve that. I don't have enough orders there, and the coding would be horrendously long. I just used an average tax rate.
    Nice summary. Good, basically means that any issues experienced this far were primarily associated with the existing core code.

As far as your upgrading the 1.5.5e site, backups are your friend as well as developing the upgrade outside of your live site. Test the upgrade process against a copy, jeep backups and then when comfortable do it against the live site.

Plugin Contributions

Duplicate of previous.