Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Please help Editing Product Price

Hello everyone, im new in zen-cart, can anyone please help me bout my problem i price

So here where i was doing the edit of the price. Original price is $309.99, i changed it to $249.99. BUT every 4-5 hours it change back to its original price ($309.99) ... Dont know what else to do so I'm seeking your help about this problem....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	changethepricehere.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	20075

Name:	309.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	20077
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by tagulan; 19 Jul 2022 at 06:07 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Please help Editing Product Price

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Second - this is Zen Cart 1.5.3, which is nowadays considered a relic so you really should consider upgrading to the latest version.

And now to start answering the question - the price is stored in your database. If it gets changed every few hours, I'd start looking at your cron jobs (scheduled tasks) to see if you have something that runs automatically and makes some changes. Also, do you have any 3rd party integrations or feeds that might be affecting the price, such as supplier feeds?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    First of all, welcome to the forum!

Second - this is Zen Cart 1.5.3, which is nowadays considered a relic so you really should consider upgrading to the latest version.

And now to start answering the question - the price is stored in your database. If it gets changed every few hours, I'd start looking at your cron jobs (scheduled tasks) to see if you have something that runs automatically and makes some changes. Also, do you have any 3rd party integrations or feeds that might be affecting the price, such as supplier feeds?
    Thank you for your reply balihr,

No scheduled tasks and we dont have 3rd party integrations thats why i keep wondering why it keeps changes to its original price every time I edit the price under Product Price Manager> Special Price.

or maybe im editing it in a wrong page, can you please help me balihr? so frustrated

Plugin Contributions

If you change it to 249 and save the changes, can you confirm it stays at 249 for some time? Check the frontend, see the price displayed there.
    Did you try changing it from admin->Catalog->Specials?

Is there a specific time when it changes back to 309? Or some specific action you do and the price gets changed?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    If you change it to 249 and save the changes, can you confirm it stays at 249 for some time? Check the frontend, see the price displayed there.
    Did you try changing it from admin->Catalog->Specials?

Is there a specific time when it changes back to 309? Or some specific action you do and the price gets changed?
    you try changing it from admin->Catalog->Specials? : YES
    Is there a specific time when it changes back to 309? yesterday i observe it around 4-5hours it change back to 309
    Or some specific action you do and the price gets changed? No Sir, i only go to "Special Price Info" to change it into 249 nothing more... i explore the other pages but only in "Products Price Manager >Special Price Info" has it...

Plugin Contributions

It's been about 6 hours since your post and the item is still marked 519.99 on sale for $309.

I wonder if only having 1 left could be a problem with your old Zen Cart and someone abandoning a cart with it in it. Whether that would affect anything if the product suddenly reported it was 0 versus 1.

Unfortunately, you're not going to find anyone with 1.5.3 available for testing.

BTW, good job of adding bootstrap. However, MANY accessibility problems. 15 critical on the phone's page alone.

Another reason for the suggested upgrade.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    It's been about 6 hours since your post and the item is still marked 519.99 on sale for $309.

I wonder if only having 1 left could be a problem with your old Zen Cart and someone abandoning a cart with it in it. Whether that would affect anything if the product suddenly reported it was 0 versus 1.

Unfortunately, you're not going to find anyone with 1.5.3 available for testing.

BTW, good job of adding bootstrap. However, MANY accessibility problems. 15 critical on the phone's page alone.

Another reason for the suggested upgrade.
    Thank you for your reply @dbltoe, can you please point out the "15 critical on the phone's page alone"?

Plugin Contributions

If I remember correctly, thirteen are images with no ALT tags. Since SEs can "see' an image, these are the worst of the worst.

Plugin Contributions

arghh... the prices are all go back to its original... i edited it AGAIN yesterday...

i checked everywhere and the only way to edit the price is here:

Name:	309.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	20078

the frustrating part is after edit(249), it will come back to its original price(309).

Plugin Contributions

Did you try seeing if abandoning it in a cart would recreate the problem?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast