Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Website Payments Pro Upgrade - 3D SECURE 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    From Paypal -

Strong Customer Authentication (“SCA”) is now fully enforced across the UK and Europe, which requires you to ensure you have 3DS 2.0 enabled to process card payments online.

3DS is the industry standard protocol that allows card issuers to authenticate their cardholders when making online transactions. It is supported and mandated by all major card networks.

Visa and Mastercard have mandated the use of the new EMV 3DS (“3DS 2.0”) protocol in order to ensure that users are provided the best experience and regulatory requirements are supported.

Visa and Mastercard have announced that from 14 October 2022 they will no longer support 3DS 1.0. Authentication requests using this version of the protocol will fail after this date.

To continue to process card payments after 14 October 2022 please contact your partner platform and upgrade to a 3DS 2.0 compliant solution.
    Yes I also got the email this morning. I originally got told to turn off back in March, but they must have walked back the deadline (I got call from Paypal). I put back on shortly after. I would be interested in helping towards development if there is enough of us to get together and do it. I do also donate when I can to zencart itself, but I understand this might not be in their remit as it specific to certain zones.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Paypal Website Payments Pro Upgrade - 3D SECURE 2022

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    Yes I also got the email this morning. I originally got told to turn off back in March, but they must have walked back the deadline (I got call from Paypal). I put back on shortly after. I would be interested in helping towards development if there is enough of us to get together and do it. I do also donate when I can to zencart itself, but I understand this might not be in their remit as it specific to certain zones.
    It would be a great shame if they don't do something about it as there are alot of Zen Cart Users, and developers across Europe and in the UK. To me, Paypal and the Square Module are now important payment options and should be treated as a priority development. Otherwise it basically locks European and UK users out of using paypal. The OLD Square module will keep functioning until October as well. There is another thread for that and the new SquareWebPay module though so best keep to the topic :-)

Like you I am also happy to help in whatever way I can with development.
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

It would be a great shame if they don't do something about it as there are alot of Zen Cart Users, and developers across Europe and in the UK. To me, Paypal and the Square Module are now important payment options and should be treated as a priority development. Otherwise it basically locks European and UK users out of using paypal. The OLD Square module will keep functioning until October as well. There is another thread for that and the new SquareWebPay module though so best keep to the topic :-)

It in fact locks UK/EU Zen Cart users out of accepting credit card payments. We could still use the Paypal Express button after October, but there is no current working plugin that is 3DS 2.0 compliant, as far as I know.*

*The Square Web Pay module might be compliant, but I am not sure. However many store owners have valid reasons for wanting to keep Paypal as their payment processor, from lower fees to immediate access to funds.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Paypal Website Payments Pro Upgrade - 3D SECURE 2022

Quote Originally Posted by gsh68 View Post
    It in fact locks UK/EU Zen Cart users out of accepting credit card payments. We could still use the Paypal Express button after October, but there is no current working plugin that is 3DS 2.0 compliant, as far as I know.*

*The Square Web Pay module might be compliant, but I am not sure. However many store owners have valid reasons for wanting to keep Paypal as their payment processor, from lower fees to immediate access to funds.
    Sorry I should re-phrase what I said, It in fact locks UK/EU Zen Cart users out of accepting credit card payments apart from using the Paypal Express Checkout Button. Which is not a very good option as in my experience it limits sales as not everybody knows what to do when they go over to paypal. There isn't an immediately obvious way of paying by credit card. Some people get to the Paypal Login Screen and do not realise you can also pay by card.

I use both Paypal and Square, but not the Square Web Pay Module yet as I do not believe it is totally ready. There are issues with OPC, and I know some people are having other issues with it. So I am waiting until there is an update that works well with OPC.
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Yes its a great shame they are doing this. I turned off when told to by Paypal, and a few regulars moaned, I guess myself I prefer to enter card details rather than paypal so understandable. Easier to track payments on statements. I tried Square but they suddenly halted service for me, very finnicky ts and cs for certain business types.
    Yes definitely I would like to chip in.

I also agree, I tried to explain to customers when they had difficulties, but it apparently is not easy to recognise it can be used for just card. Apparently a few regulars said it would not let them at all.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    I tried Square but they suddenly halted service for me, very finnicky ts and cs for certain business types.
    We experienced the same issue with Square and we had to wait 90 days to receive the monies they had processed. No opening for arbitration or compliance and we were told we could never use them again even for the business that sold nothing against their TOS.

Hope the Paypal Pro module does indeed stay updated for us and those on the other side of the pond from us.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gtgeorge View Post
    We experienced the same issue with Square and we had to wait 90 days to receive the monies they had processed. No opening for arbitration or compliance and we were told we could never use them again even for the business that sold nothing against their TOS.

Hope the Paypal Pro module does indeed stay updated for us and those on the other side of the pond from us.
    Very strange how they run things. I even tried to contact them via email, even facebook messaging several times. No reply. Must be good for some people, but never again for us.

Plugin Contributions

IF you have a business account with PayPal, you can specify what the customer sees at payment and bypass their attempt to capture a customer.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/...option-faq3226

Plugin Contributions

So it appears that the devs still have no intention of integrating Paypal Commerce, so how many of us UK/EU store owners are willing to chip in for a pro written module?
    And how do we go about finding someone to write it? I assume knowledge of Zen Cart is required (we aren't all on the same version...), so we can't just look for someone on the Paypal forums?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gsh68 View Post
    So it appears that the devs still have no intention of integrating Paypal Commerce, so how many of us UK/EU store owners are willing to chip in for a pro written module?
    And how do we go about finding someone to write it? I assume knowledge of Zen Cart is required (we aren't all on the same version...), so we can't just look for someone on the Paypal forums?
    I am willing to chip in. I am talking to a developer and not sure if this is in their remit, will find out. I did read somewhere OsCommerce has this in their software, I could be wrong, not sure if the code is similar anymore though.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast