Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Paypal Website Payments Pro Upgrade - 3D SECURE 2022

Many of you will have noticed that Website Payments Pro for Zen Cart is now throwing up errors and not usable.

Hopefully this post will get the ball rolling with regards to getting Payments Pro Upgraded so it works with the latest Zen Cart Versions.

I invite other developers that might be interested in getting this module upgraded so we can continue to use a Paypal Credit/Debit Card form on our Zen Cart Websites without errors or finding that the current Payments Pro becomes deprecated. This must work across the Standard Checkout, One Page Checkout (lat9) and Bootstrap. It must also implement 3D Secure.

So according to Paypal this is where we start:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/ch...nced/integrate
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Website Payments Pro Upgrade - 3D SECURE 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    Many of you will have noticed that Website Payments Pro for Zen Cart is now throwing up errors and not usable.

Hopefully this post will get the ball rolling with regards to getting Payments Pro Upgraded so it works with the latest Zen Cart Versions.

I invite other developers that might be interested in getting this module upgraded so we can continue to use a Paypal Credit/Debit Card form on our Zen Cart Websites without errors or finding that the current Payments Pro becomes deprecated. This must work across the Standard Checkout, One Page Checkout (lat9) and Bootstrap. It must also implement 3D Secure.

So according to Paypal this is where we start:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/ch...nced/integrate
    A posting of the errors received would be helpful!

Plugin Contributions

Also, is this only in the UK? I haven't heard of issues in the US.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

WPP cannot be ungraded for 3DS v.2 as Cardinal are no longer handling Paypal's 3DS processing from October when 3DS v2 will be required in UK and EU by Visa and Mastercard. (Currently they process 3DSv.1.0) Paypal have no plans to continue to support 3DS in WPP past that date.
    If you had Cardinal credentials supplied prior to March 2022 WPP should still work until then. (Match 2022 3DS became a legal requirement for cc transactions in the UK)

*At the moment the US does not require 3DS for cc transactions, hence no interest from the devs to sort something out as WPP will continue to work for US based sites. There is no mention of it being introduced in 1.58 on Github, at least as far as I can see.

Paypal is deprecating WPP and has replaced it with Paypal Commerce. It's completely different and (afaik) Paypal themselves will be handling the 3DS verification.
    I've been asking for months if/when Commerce will be integrated into Zen Cart but have had no response apart from "we will tell you when", been told to stop posting about it and had a thread closed.

Open Cart and Woocommerce are two open source carts with Commerce integration in the Paypal directory.
    https://www.opencart.com/index.php?r...nsion_id=38358
    https://woocommerce.com/products/woo...ypal-payments/
    I had hoped this would mean ZC integration would not be too big a job but no-one has shown any interest in writing it. I'd be interested in seeing if we could get a group together to pay a developer, but not sure how many are actually interested. The only figure I've been given is too high - it will be cheaper to switch to another cart, even with paying someone to mimic my ZC design and transfer everything over.
    As it stands, if something isn't sorted out by end of August I will have to move to a different cart as there appears to be no working cc module for ZC with 3DS functionality.

*Also, is this only in the UK? I haven't heard of issues in the US.
    No, it is the UK and the EU. The US does not use 3DS yet.
    I think the reason it seems to be only UK based cart owners having the issue is that Paypal is not as common as a payment processor in the EU.
    Last edited by gsh68; 24 Jul 2022 at 11:51 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Another reason I'm glad we dropped PP in favor of Square. If you have decent sales, Square will offer you a better rate. Contact them before you sign up. And, they refund fees when you refund customers (unlike PP). Keep ZC, ditch PP.

You can also help out ZC by using their affiliate link:

https://squareup.com/t/f_partnership...n%3D6BB5B2E676

I'm in the US, but a quick Google search says they are available in the UK and EU, but I did not check the details.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gsh68 View Post
    I had hoped this would mean ZC integration would not be too big a job but no-one has shown any interest in writing it. I'd be interested in seeing if we could get a group together to pay a developer, but not sure how many are actually interested. The only figure I've been given is too high - it will be cheaper to switch to another cart, even with paying someone to mimic my ZC design and transfer everything over.
    switching to another cart is not a decision to be taken lightly...

and the idea that it may be cheaper for one site does not mean it is cheaper for all sites.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    A posting of the errors received would be helpful!
    Can I email these please?

As an example they start with:

Dear store owner,An error occurred when attempting to initiate the payment-validation transaction. As a courtesy, only the error "number" was shown to your customer. The details of the error are shown below.12002 Processor Decline.This transaction cannot be processed due to either missing, incomplete or invalid 3-D Secure authentication values.Zen Cart message: 12002 [] Processor Decline. - This transaction cannot be processed due to either missing, incomplete or invalid 3-D Secure authentication values.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1973 View Post
    Can I email these please?

As an example they start with:

Dear store owner,An error occurred when attempting to initiate the payment-validation transaction. As a courtesy, only the error "number" was shown to your customer. The details of the error are shown below.12002 Processor Decline.This transaction cannot be processed due to either missing, incomplete or invalid 3-D Secure authentication values.Zen Cart message: 12002 [] Processor Decline. - This transaction cannot be processed due to either missing, incomplete or invalid 3-D Secure authentication values.
    You can send them to my direct email; PM me if you don't have it already. Additionally, which version of Zen Cart is being run?

If possible, could/would you enable the payment method's Debug Mode, setting it to "Log File" and send me one of those, too?

Plugin Contributions

I would be interested in finding more about this, I am in the UK also. Guess we are only 3 months away from them turning off all paypal pro support.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Paypal Website Payments Pro Upgrade - 3D SECURE 2022

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    I would be interested in finding more about this, I am in the UK also. Guess we are only 3 months away from them turning off all paypal pro support.
    From Paypal -

Strong Customer Authentication (“SCA”) is now fully enforced across the UK and Europe, which requires you to ensure you have 3DS 2.0 enabled to process card payments online.

3DS is the industry standard protocol that allows card issuers to authenticate their cardholders when making online transactions. It is supported and mandated by all major card networks.

Visa and Mastercard have mandated the use of the new EMV 3DS (“3DS 2.0”) protocol in order to ensure that users are provided the best experience and regulatory requirements are supported.

Visa and Mastercard have announced that from 14 October 2022 they will no longer support 3DS 1.0. Authentication requests using this version of the protocol will fail after this date.

To continue to process card payments after 14 October 2022 please contact your partner platform and upgrade to a 3DS 2.0 compliant solution.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast