Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Website Payments Pro Upgrade - 3D SECURE 2022

I've taken a look at the PayPal Commerce page and it is an API for accepting payments to multiple PayPal accounts in a marketplace. I don't see why the UK/EU would need to switch to this in order to take payments on Zen Cart. Probably your best bet is having a module written with the Rest API or Braintree SDK. We already have a basic module for Braintree but it doesn't have the options for PayPal, just credit card. That could be expanded though.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    I've taken a look at the PayPal Commerce page and it is an API for accepting payments to multiple PayPal accounts in a marketplace. I don't see why the UK/EU would need to switch to this in order to take payments on Zen Cart. Probably your best bet is having a module written with the Rest API or Braintree SDK. We already have a basic module for Braintree but it doesn't have the options for PayPal, just credit card. That could be expanded though.
    Would that module work with UK sellers that have this upcoming issue with the changes in October? I can see Braintree has a UK portal, but just asking as I know you are in USA.

Plugin Contributions

I don't see why the UK/EU would need to switch to this in order to take payments on Zen Cart.
    I thought we'd covered it pretty fully in this thread, but here's the latest email from Paypal.

Updates to your PayPal PRO account

Strong Customer Authentication (“SCA”) is now fully enforced across the UK and Europe, which requires you to ensure you have 3DS 2.0 enabled to process card payments online.

3DS is the industry standard protocol that allows card issuers to authenticate their cardholders when making online transactions. It is supported and mandated by all major card networks.

Visa and Mastercard have mandated the use of the new EMV 3DS (“3DS 2.0”) protocol in order to ensure that users are provided the best experience and regulatory requirements are supported.

Visa and Mastercard have announced that from 14 October 2022 they will no longer support 3DS 1.0. Authentication requests using this version of the protocol will fail after this date.

To continue to process card payments after 14 October 2022 please contact your partner platform and upgrade to a 3DS 2.0 compliant solution.
    WPP is not and will never be 3DS v2 compliant. The new checkout that Paypal is now supporting is the Paypal Commerce system.
    Zen Cart is being left behind.

Plugin Contributions

I don't see why the UK/EU would need to switch to this in order to take payments on Zen Cart.
    I thought we'd covered it pretty fully in this thread, but here's the latest email from Paypal.

Updates to your PayPal PRO account

Strong Customer Authentication (“SCA”) is now fully enforced across the UK and Europe, which requires you to ensure you have 3DS 2.0 enabled to process card payments online.

3DS is the industry standard protocol that allows card issuers to authenticate their cardholders when making online transactions. It is supported and mandated by all major card networks.

Visa and Mastercard have mandated the use of the new EMV 3DS (“3DS 2.0”) protocol in order to ensure that users are provided the best experience and regulatory requirements are supported.

Visa and Mastercard have announced that from 14 October 2022 they will no longer support 3DS 1.0. Authentication requests using this version of the protocol will fail after this date.

To continue to process card payments after 14 October 2022 please contact your partner platform and upgrade to a 3DS 2.0 compliant solution.
    WPP is not and will never be 3DS v2 compliant. The new payments system that Paypal is now supporting is Paypal Commerce.
    The checkout side is called (unsurprisingly) Paypal Checkout.
    https://www.paypal.com/merchantapps/...B&country.x=GB

Zen Cart is being left behind.
    Last edited by gsh68; 29 Sep 2022 at 09:17 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I tried emailing for a while now, places to ask if anything can be done or can their payment modules be used. Again no reply, how do these big companies get business by ignoring people? Must be the way things are these days, sad.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    I tried emailing for a while now, places to ask if anything can be done or can their payment modules be used. Again no reply, how do these big companies get business by ignoring people? Must be the way things are these days, sad.
    Same here, never heard back from 2 supposed "Zen Cart Integration experts" and the third (a Paypal partner/developer) isn't taking on new business until next year.

However I may have a solution for taking credit cards, at least until a module for Paypal Checkout is developed.
    Breath Pay is a payment services provider in the UK and has a module for Zen Cart 1.5x
    I've been talking to them and will be installing it on my dev site and doing some testing this week.
    The rates are very good - 0.9% + 10p for UK/EU credit/debit cards. No monthly fee. (The rates on their site are different to what I was quoted over the phone)
    Downsides:
    3 day delay on payouts, although for 30p a day you can have next day payout, so worth the tiny expense.
    If your ratio of Paypal to credit card sales is the same as mine it is still more expensive than using Paypal as your provider with Commerce/Checkout - 1.2% + 30p on everything. Paypal is used 3 times as often as cc/dc on my site so would be cheaper in the long run.

https://www.breathepay.co.uk/online-payments/

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    Despite the "warning" from Paypal that manipulation of the Paypal Express chechout process may violate their T&C's, I've created my own image button for Paypal Express where the image favours Visa and Mastercard icons, and relegates Paypal to a less significant feature. Visually, the customer sees Visa and MC on the button as being prominent, and (configuring my PP business acct to what is advised above), the customer sees C-card options more vividly.

Like many of us, I've had several calls to Paypal, imploring them to help out, but they remain indifferent. So... f**k them... my revised image seems to have circumvented the resistance from customers to use PP Express.
    Can you provide a link to your site? I'd like to edit my button in case Breath Pay doesn't work/takes longer to set up and have to use PP Express in the interim.
    Cheers.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gsh68 View Post
    Same here, never heard back from 2 supposed "Zen Cart Integration experts" and the third (a Paypal partner/developer) isn't taking on new business until next year.

However I may have a solution for taking credit cards, at least until a module for Paypal Checkout is developed.
    Breath Pay is a payment services provider in the UK and has a module for Zen Cart 1.5x
    I've been talking to them and will be installing it on my dev site and doing some testing this week.
    The rates are very good - 0.9% + 10p for UK/EU credit/debit cards. No monthly fee. (The rates on their site are different to what I was quoted over the phone)
    Downsides:
    3 day delay on payouts, although for 30p a day you can have next day payout, so worth the tiny expense.
    If your ratio of Paypal to credit card sales is the same as mine it is still more expensive than using Paypal as your provider with Commerce/Checkout - 1.2% + 30p on everything. Paypal is used 3 times as often as cc/dc on my site so would be cheaper in the long run.

https://www.breathepay.co.uk/online-payments/
    Yes it does amaze me, sometimes I send another message and social media message on top. Though Square did finally reply to facebook, so have to give them a little credit, 2nd attempt on there though.

Oh right, I have not heard of the, but its kind of good to hear this is a possible solution. I understand not for definite. I am interested to hear how you get on. My paypal to credit card ratio is 50:50 right now.

Plugin Contributions

Doesn't look like Breathe Payments is going to work.
    There isn't a way to make a partial refund. In fact there's no way to refund in the module at all - it has to be done via their portal.
    The rep is looking into it for me but without a re-write of the module I can't see a way round it.

Plugin Contributions

After facing similar issues to all those featuring in this thread who use PayPal and Square, we applied an interim solution that helped - even though it created extra admin, but ensured we secured the order. (Afterall... getting "cash through the till" is the most important facet of any business).
    (We are UK-based)
    1. We had to do a major ZC version upgrade in order to prepare the site for Square Web Pay, and we wanted to retain One Page Checkout (OPC) as well. We noted several users having issues with Square Web Pay and OPC.
    2. Given that the original Square module was about to be deprecated, (and prior to our full upgrade), we installed OFFSITE PAYMENTS, and added some info to the checkout-payments page - where we informed customers that if there was a problem with card authorisation, to please use the OFFSITE PAYMENTS option instead. (note - original Square module was still active).
    3. We deactivated Paypal WPP, leaving only PayPal Express.
    4. Quite a few customers experienced card errors, but then selected OFFSITE PAYMENT option on a subsequent checkout attempt. We then sent them an "invoice" through Square Dashboard, dispatching goods only on payment confirmation.
    ----------------------------
    In the meantime, we did the ZC upgrade... (not fun, as we all know).
    ---------------------------
    We installed and configured latest OPC
    We installed and configured Square Web Pay
    --------------------------
    HEY PRESTO ! it all worked first-time!
    --------------------------
    We then de-activated OFFSITE PAYMENT module (no longer needed as Square Web Pay was working just fine - and with OPC as well.
    -------------------------
    My grateful thanks to Lat9 and Carlwhat for all their hard work... We sent some coffee money to Carlwhat, and I think that more of us should do so... The new Square WebPay module appears to function properly. It's a huge effort getting these complex modules to work.
    20 years a Zencart User

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast