v1.5.5F
Server: Server OS: Linux s08ae.syd6.hostingplatform.net.au 3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.64.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Dec 8 10:23:00 UTC 2021 x86_64

For those that know me you will know I am NOT technical and even less so when it comes to this sort of thing.

So I have the need to move a website from one hosting service to another hosting service on the same host company (consolidating accounts) - the domain name already sits with the new service (transferred in preparation for the move).

I have followed the process in this doc https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/insta...ers-and-timing . in this and some other FAQ's / posts on the subject I cannot find anything that says what needs to happen in respect to the following.

The issue I'm having is trying to uderstand what to do with the current hosted version of the site before doing the install on the new server using mydomain.comm/zc_install/index.php which when I attempt it returns a 404 error for the obvious reasons that a) the domain is hosted/live and b) the file zc_install/index.php doesn't exist on the hosted version.

So what am I missing - how can I install in the add-on domain of the same name on the new server when the domain is already hosted and live on another server? is it a DNS thing that needs to be modified temporarlily while I install?

I'm not getting anywhere with the supports at the host - they haven't come up with any solution after hours of live chat and eTickets etc.

The best I could come up with is in cPanel to create a Temporary Url in the new service, install using that url and then after changing DNS to this new install alter the configure files to the actual domain url - however this Temporary url applies specifically to the Primary Domain for the service by default which means changing the Primary Domain to the one I'm trying to install into which is anadd-on domain and is problematic (apparently) and I'd prefer not to go down that track.

Having said that, the primary domain does not have a website associated with it so I suppose I could build the new site in that domain then after it is done and before changing DNS I could copy it into the add-on domain where I want it - would that work? I can change the url details after installation right?

Any help will be appreciated.

cheers, Mike