Plugin Contributions

Default Help needed with attributes

Hello everyone,

I tried searching but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I am trying to add attributes to stock and and can not find a way to make it work for me.

I have individual items available in a number of different colours, EG: Design 1 Red, Design 1 Blue, Design 1 Green and would like to have one product listing with a number of colour options to choose from.

I have set up an Option Name as 'Colourways' as a Radio Button and Option Values for all the different colours available.

The issue I am having is if a customer chooses Design 1 in Red and adds it to the basket it's fine but if they want to add Design 1 Green it will not add Green to the basket.

Ideally what I would like is for a customer to be able to add as many different colours to the basket as they want and the colour option to be removed from the listing once sold so a second customer cannot buy the same colour option. Is this possible?

I also tried using Dropdowns previously but had the same issue.

The site is still work in progress but here is a link that may help you understand what I am trying to achieve https://karenharbour.co.uk/index.php...products_id=11.

Thank you for any help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help needed with attributes

What's the product's setting for Product Qty Min/Unit Mix? If it's set to Yes, try setting it to No.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Haychatter View Post
    Ideally what I would like is for a customer to be able to add as many different colours to the basket as they want and the colour option to be removed from the listing once sold so a second customer cannot buy the same colour option. Is this possible?
    I don't think this is possible with attributes because neither the option names (e.g. colour) or option values (e.g. red, green) have an effect on stock figure. You set the number of the specific product you have available to sell on the products page, so if an item is sold and zc reduces the product quantity to zero then the whole product becomes marked out of stock, restricting any of the remaining designs from being purchased.

What you are doing in your childrens category seem to be the best bet, each variant set as its own unique product so when one is sold is it out of stock or disabled.

Plugin Contributions

There are at least two options available to support taking stock of items offered by attribute. Both are add-ons to core code. One of those is commercial, the other is open source.

The open source one is called stock by attributes. The current fileset is available through github at: https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined

Installation is to place/merge the files in the includes (there is one file in the templates directory requiring merging, but the files in the templates folder should be placed/merged in the folder for the template that is to be used on the site) and the admin directories.

Then execute the database install by accessing the admin, change the browser path to point to the file stock_by_attr_install.php within your admin directory.

Then follow the guidance provided there.

Then return to the fileset and merge the changes made for the version of Zen Cart being used.

For further discussion about that module, please see the forum thread: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....r-v1-3-5-1-3-9

Suggestion is to navigate to the end of the thread and work backwards instead of reading the years worth of posts.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...