Plugin Contributions

Default SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

Hi and thank you SO much in advance for trying to help! I have spent days trying to figure this out on my own and have also called godaddy with no headway. Here is the scoop... We have a small site www.bettycboyle.com . About the last few weeks or so we stopped receiving emails with "contact us" or when an order is placed. I tested the admin side of the site and I can send emails out if I use PHP as it has been configured. However, godaddy recently moved our one email address that receive and send these emails to office 365 and now require SMTP. So I have gone into the email configuration and tried both smtp and smtpauth and they do not solve the problem. I get the message SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host. I am certain I have the right information in the areas below and this includes port 587 and having smtp.office################ in the SMTP email host as well as having the correct email and password in the appropriate settings.
    I am wondering if I need to issue a separate STARTTLS command somewhere in a file on zen cart as this command is needed by godaddy on my phone and computer settings for the email clients. If I need to do this, I cannot find any documentation that clearly tells me how and where to do this. But I'm just guessing this might be needed as I thought using port 587 automagically turns that command on. Other poking around has discussed settings on the godaddy side but nothing that I completely understand or that godaddy support has any clue about (they really are not so great even though I've had them for decades for domains and hosting).
    Sorry about the long note, but I hope someone has the trick to get this working again. I am almost certain the problem is related to godaddy and office 365 changing my email to a different server. By the way, emails work perfectly for me in all cases except for zen cart.
    Thanks so much and let me know if there is more information I can send.
    Doug

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

Have you tried 465 versus 587?

Also, maybe this link might help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-c2090e95162d