Plugin Contributions

help question Error resetting admin logs

Upgraded PHP from 7.0.6 to 7.4.30 and MySQL from 5.5 to 8 and started getting this error from Admin - Log reset page, after I hit the final Reset button:

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.
    I am planning to go all the way up to PHP 8.1.
    Which version of Zencart should I install, for it to be fully operational, on my config, with minimal bugs?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error resetting admin logs

All that information can be found in the documents at https://docs.zen-cart.com/.

It looks like it is down now but, when it comes back up, click on the Accessibility Icon in the lower, right-hand corner and select your language. That will make it easier for you to find things.

You can also do better than the forum search by using Google and adding +Zen +Cart to the end of your search.

Meanwhile, the warning you are getting is mentioned at https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-and-try-again.

The DOCS link is https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...rror_occurred/
    Last edited by dbltoe; 17 Aug 2022 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Added Info

Plugin Contributions

That probably makes sense but it went over my head, especially the part about language.
    I read the linked thread. My situation is different: the error is that the user lacks DROP privilege on the table. It does not: it has a DROP grant.
    I truncated the table from root but the message about old log entries persists, and the exporter keeps showing some records, no idea from where because the table is empty.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by latsht View Post
    That probably makes sense but it went over my head, especially the part about language.
    Since your post said Kosovo, you can use the widget to select albanian or serbian if you are more familiar with one of them than English.

Plugin Contributions

Impressive research, but I am not sure why you drag national origin to a technical forum.

We need to get to the bottom of the false permissions error.

Plugin Contributions

Impressive research, but I am not sure why you drag national origin to a technical forum.

We need to get to the bottom of the false permissions error.

Upgraded PHP from 7.0.6 to 7.4.30 and MySQL from 5.5 to 8 and started getting this error from Admin - Log reset page, after I hit the final Reset button:

I am planning to go all the way up to PHP 8.1.
    Which version of Zencart should I install, for it to be fully operational, on my config, with minimal bugs?
    if you want minimal bugs, i would suggest v157d running php 7.4. i would not recommend php 8.1 with v157d. and if you want minimal bugs, i would not suggest going with v158-alpha.

I read the linked thread. My situation is different: the error is that the user lacks DROP privilege on the table. It does not: it has a DROP grant.
    I truncated the table from root but the message about old log entries persists, and the exporter keeps showing some records, no idea from where because the table is empty.
    this part does not make sense to me. if you could post the contents of the log file, perhaps we can figure it out.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Not a drag. Actually a brag. It's estimated that over 75% of the world's population do not speak any English and nearly 95% do not use English as their first language. I think Zen Cart is one of the very few English-predominant help forums that provides a help documentation that can be accessed in so many laanguages. The docs don't offer all 6,900+ but, they sure are helpful to those who need it. And, they get better every day.

Also, the folks that maintain the docs realize that users come to the forum quite often in a panic because something is broken. The Forum's posting tips were set to try to get as much information as possible to help the user. Unfortunately, whether under the assumption that "Everyone" has the same problem are just forgetting a change they made last week, a lot of information has to be obtained over three or four posts in the forum. That led the developers to put more emphasis on the docs. Scott (swguy) has done a great job of taking old information, making it current, AND making it searchable.

You can search from the front page of the docs OR, in your case, you can go straight to information that will help by clicking on an existing button/link. There is a row of four blue buttons on the first page of docs.zen-cart.com. The first one (in English) says "Server Requirements". If you click on this buttton, it takes you to what is required for running each version of ZenCart.

You gave us a little information when posting. It would be better if you answered more of the posting tips so we would know more about the situation. And, I even read over the PHP and MySQL settings as your Zen Cart version was not in the text. Seeing the PHP 7.4.3 and MySQL 8 led me to assume you weere using a newer version of Zen Cart.

However, what you have told us is that you are running 1.5.5. Zen Cart 1.5.5 is not designed to run on PHP higher than 7.1. Zen Cart 1.5.6 is not able to run on PHP 7.4 either. And, you say you are planning to jump to PHP 8.0 soon.

As you ccan see in the https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first..._requirements/, you will have to have the latest 1.5.7 (that's d) loaded in order to run PHP 8.0. AND, you will still need to adjust error logging so that duplicate defines for extra languages do not show up as bugs.

NEXT, there's MySQL. You report rudnning MySQL version 8. "Zen Cart v1.5.5 expects MySQL 5.1 to 5.7" Again, if you plan on running MySQL 8.0, you will need to be running the most recent Zen Cart 1.5.7.

So, you can see why you may be having problems. Trying to use modern versions of PHP and MySQL with an older Zen Cart will certainly result in many warnings and failures. The posting tips ask if you have any Debug Logs and asks that you post them using the # above to put them in the proper format. I would imagine that you will have many with your current settings.

Debug Logs are discussed at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ing/debug_logs and, hopefully you will be able to see where you have problems with the newer PHP and MySQL.

You also did not mention any modules you may have installed. When looking through the PHP requirements for the various releases of Zen Cart, you can see why some mods might not be listed as working with 1.5.7. For ecxample, if the mod's code is not compatible with PHP 7.3, it would not show as working with ZenCart 1.5.6. If you added a mod that works with Zen Cart 1.5.7 into your 1.5.5, you would need to make sure there is no problem with the mod and any PHP higher than 7.1.

I added all this to show just how helpful BOTH the docs and the posting tips can be to helping you get "back to normal" as soon as possible.

Zen Cart 1.5.8 is in the works and being adjusted to work with PHP 8.2. Progress looks good BUT, you may soon be in a situation where you cannot go back to PHP 7.1 and MySQL 5.7. Many hosts are shutting down the older PHP versions. As they bring on the newer versions of PHP, they have to drop an older version if they are at the max number of versions on their servers.

It's your choice as to whether you want to simply back up to PHP 7.1 and MySQL 5.7 for operation, back up to 7.1/5.7 and upgrade to the latest as your shop continues, or install the newest Zen Cart. With the latter, you would need to import the old database, images, etc. There are lots of options at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgrading/

If you can get your current site back to the correct PHP/MySQL settings and operational, my recommendation is to let it run while you load the latest Zen Cart into a test site and build it at your leisure. That's discusssed at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/running/local_testing/.

If you think you must have items that were in the old site's database, you can do a Database-Only Upgrade. If you do this one, make sure you also install Mod List as it will show you the missing/remaining files that may be a problem.

Hopefully, all this information will be helpful to you. Let the forum know if you have any questions.

Plugin Contributions

I did not read the above essay because the commenter comes across as a race-obsessed stalker, but the reason for the issue in the OP was that the admin config was not edited, after the migration to the new SQL host. I did not remember that the admin had its own DB config or that it even had its won config file.

Plugin Contributions

I did not read the above essay
    Such a comment should ensure you wont need to worry about getting too much help next time.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Rest assured I will not "bother" the OP again.