Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    36
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Empty space in header

    Long shot but was wondering if anyone on here can tell me if it's possible to have the header banner#2 show in the header next to my logo? Standard 468x68 banner. When I add the banner now in that position is shows under the logo. I tried to resize my logo smaller but it didn't help. My site is: https://noblenetsolutions.com using v1.5.7d Willing to pay for help. Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Qld, Australia
    Posts
    133
    Plugin Contributions
    3

    Default Re: Empty space in header

    Quote Originally Posted by godin5150 View Post
    Long shot but was wondering if anyone on here can tell me if it's possible to have the header banner#2 show in the header next to my logo? Standard 468x68 banner. When I add the banner now in that position is shows under the logo. I tried to resize my logo smaller but it didn't help. My site is: https://noblenetsolutions.com using v1.5.7d Willing to pay for help. Thanks
    If you inspect your code, you can see the logo is contained in a div statement. When the Tagline is included it is also contained in a div statement. Because a <div> is a block-level element it is designed to not display any element next to it unless you change its default behaviour. This can be done by controlling both divs with the css statement "display: inline-block;" in the css file you are using for your template.

    You need to append "display:inline-block" to the css for #logo on line 129 and create a new line to define the taglineWrapper eg
    Code:
    /*top middle*/
    #logo{margin:10px 0;display:inline-block;}
    #taglineWrapper{display:inline-block;}
    NOTE: Make a backup of your css file before you change anything. Also look at using the "Clone a Template" plugin to make your own version of the template and not be editing the master responsive classic template.

    Bailey
    OldNGrey

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    36
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Empty space in header

    Quote Originally Posted by OldNGrey View Post
    If you inspect your code, you can see the logo is contained in a div statement. When the Tagline is included it is also contained in a div statement. Because a <div> is a block-level element it is designed to not display any element next to it unless you change its default behaviour. This can be done by controlling both divs with the css statement "display: inline-block;" in the css file you are using for your template.

    You need to append "display:inline-block" to the css for #logo on line 129 and create a new line to define the taglineWrapper eg
    Code:
    /*top middle*/
    #logo{margin:10px 0;display:inline-block;}
    #taglineWrapper{display:inline-block;}
    NOTE: Make a backup of your css file before you change anything. Also look at using the "Clone a Template" plugin to make your own version of the template and not be editing the master responsive classic template.

    Bailey
    OldNGrey
    Thank you. I tried adding the code in my css but it didn't work. Banner still shows under the logo

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    N of San Antonio TX
    Posts
    8,633
    Plugin Contributions
    9

    Default Re: Empty space in header

    It would help if you could leave the banner up there long enough for us to see what the code looks like.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    36
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Empty space in header

    Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    It would help if you could leave the banner up there long enough for us to see what the code looks like.
    I put a banner back up. The site is active and it doesn't look good so I can't leave it up to long. Thanks for taking a look.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,042
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Empty space in header

    Quote Originally Posted by godin5150 View Post
    I put a banner back up. The site is active and it doesn't look good so I can't leave it up to long. Thanks for taking a look.
    There may be better ways but a quick one would be to add this to your stylesheet

    HTML Code:
    #bannerTwo {
      float: right;
      margin-left: 85px;
      margin-bottom: 30px;
    }
    Adjust the margins to suit.

    If you want the logo and banner centered then add the bit in red

    #logo {
    margin: 10px 0;
    display: inline-block;
    text-align: center;
    width: 100%;
    }
    Simon

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Remove empty space between header and navigation bar?
    By isabella90 in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11 Jan 2010, 11:48 AM
  2. Removing empty space
    By dabone in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23 Apr 2009, 09:12 AM
  3. Removed header but empty space remains...please advise
    By tanglada in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14 Jul 2008, 01:08 AM
  4. empty space above header
    By kunaguna in forum Basic Configuration
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7 Jun 2006, 01:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR