Plugin Contributions

Default Gift Certificate Redeem Text Box

I am using v1.5.7d. I have two sites, one has a zero in the text box of the gift certificate redeem form. The zero in the text box is causing customers redeem codes to be wrong because they don't release they need to backspace that zero out before entering their redeeming code.

<input type="text" name="gv_no" value="0" size="18" id="lookup-gv-redeem" /></fieldset>

My other site doesn't have a zero in the redeem box and it's code for that part of the form is exactly the same but without the value="0"

<input type="text" name="gv_no" size="18" id="lookup-gv-redeem" /></fieldset>

Can anybody please tell me which file to edit to remove the value="0" please?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificate Redeem Text Box

Can anybody help me with this?

I should have said I got the code by looking at the source code of my sites. It tells me the code but not the file name.

I really would appreciate it if somebody could tell me which file I need to edit to remove the value="0" from the file.

Please help.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I am using v1.5.7d. I have two sites, one has a zero in the text box of the gift certificate redeem form. The zero in the text box is causing customers redeem codes to be wrong because they don't release they need to backspace that zero out before entering their redeeming code.

<input type="text" name="gv_no" value="0" size="18" id="lookup-gv-redeem" /></fieldset>

My other site doesn't have a zero in the redeem box and it's code for that part of the form is exactly the same but without the value="0"

<input type="text" name="gv_no" size="18" id="lookup-gv-redeem" /></fieldset>

Can anybody please tell me which file to edit to remove the value="0" please?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Easy, download a copy of ZC v1.5.7d fileset and use a text editor to search for

Code:
    size="18"
    and/or
    Code:
    gv_no
    and/or
    Code:
    lookup-gv-redeem
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

I don't understand what you mean. Both my sites are using ZC v1.5.7d.

Somehow how one file is wrong on one site, but the same file is right on the second site.

I have searched the developers toolkit without success. I can find lots of files for the gift certificate but nothing with a zero.

I am not good at this stuff. What I need help with is finding the file I need to edit to remove the default 0.

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Easy, download a copy of ZC v1.5.7d fileset and use a text editor to search for

Code:
    size="18"
    and/or
    Code:
    gv_no
    and/or
    Code:
    lookup-gv-redeem

Plugin Contributions

I have a copy of all of the files for ZC v1.5.7d on my PC. If I use a text editor such as Notepad++ to search all those files, for the text I mentioned above, I find that the line of code containing said text is line #43 of \includes\templates\template_default\templates\tpl_gv_faq_default.php

Code is
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('gv_no', isset($_GET['gv_no']) ? $_GET['gv_no'] : '0', 'size="18" id="lookup-gv-redeem"');?>
    you can see the '0', compare that line with the one in your second site and make any changes as necessary.

Note: If you need to make changes to a file in the template_default directory then you should put a copy of it in your override directory and edit that instead. You might already have a copy of that file at \includes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\templates\tpl_gv_faq_default.php

Worth reading https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/new_u...pics/overrides if you're not familiar with the overrides system.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Simon,

It worked :)

Thanks again for your help.