Plugin Contributions

Default ShipStation USPS

There doesn't appear to be a dedicated thread for Shipstation, or at least I couldn't find one. I'm going to ask in their customer support as well, but I wondered if anyone else here is running into the same problem. We do a lot of shipping to Canada, and recently our customers have been quoted a lower cost of shipping than Shipstation is quoting us. Presumably the customer's quote is coming from the USPS, as is the one from Shipstation. But we're often paying $5.00 or more over what the customer was quoted. I don't want to just increase the surcharge on international shipping rates, but we can't continue to absorb the cost. Has anyone else encountered this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ShipStation USPS

Do you have any filters or automation within ShipStation built that are set to automatically add options like delivery confirmation, insurance or other which would not be included in the ZC quote from USPS?

Something similar happens here and sometimes SS updates put those things further down the screen, making it a bit more difficult to find.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Do you have any filters or automation within ShipStation built that are set to automatically add options like delivery confirmation, insurance or other which would not be included in the ZC quote from USPS?

Something similar happens here and sometimes SS updates put those things further down the screen, making it a bit more difficult to find.
    No, nothing like that. But ShipStation has acknowledged the possibility of a 'rate conflict,' and is supposedly looking into it.

Plugin Contributions

You said,

> Presumably the customer's quote is coming from the USPS ...

Can you just confirm this? Go to Admin > Modules > Shipping, verify USPS is active, it's the most recent version, etc.
    If you're using something other than the latest USPS to generate shipping quotes in your cart, that would be a problem.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    You said,

> Presumably the customer's quote is coming from the USPS ...

Can you just confirm this? Go to Admin > Modules > Shipping, verify USPS is active, it's the most recent version, etc.
    If you're using something other than the latest USPS to generate shipping quotes in your cart, that would be a problem.
    My apologies for not replying more quickly, it's the usual chaos here. I am using the most recent version. The problem is showing up only in First Class International shipping.

When I check the rate with stamps dot com (which is were our commercial rate is coming from through ShipStation), I get the same amount as what ShipStation charged us. So that appears to be correct. It's the customer who is being quoted a much lower rate. I'm going to investigate this further on my own, but for the time being, I just applied a surcharge in our USPS settings to account for it.