Plugin Contributions

Default MSNBot Up to no good?

It's concerning to me that no one else is concerned about the very odd activity that could potentially be going on right now on any of our websites.
    Each time I receive an order a MSNBot comes online, goes to the login page and then visits the order details of the last order received.
    It's been happening a lot and only started about three weeks ago. Today I have the same IP address visiting my website three times, going to the login page three times and looking at the same order details three times. Tell me I have nothing to worry about and explain to me what exactly is going on and I'll drop it, but this activity is very concerning and it would be awesome if my hot would look into this and tell what MSN is up to, do they know how to log on to my customers accounts and, if so, how, and why are they so interested in what they ordered.
    Again I post the screen grab I took a few days ago.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 22.05.13.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  42.1 KB

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MSNBot Up to no good?

its not a bot.

if this was as concerning, there would be much more activity on it.

it looks like your customer could be running windows 8. it looks like your customer could be in pennsylvania. you could call or email your customer with that order 2023.

you could dig into how ZC gets the host designation; but i think your time is better spent.

you can read a little bit more if you want to feel better about it.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

You might compare the IP address to the Customer Order details in you Admin too. If they match, it's the customer.

Plugin Contributions

Well, if you think it's legit then fine, seems odd that now, all of a sudden, my customers become particularly interested in the status of their order when they have only just placed it. Not sure how I can find out the IP of my customers, it's not something that shows up in their details in Admin, if you could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated. Edit: it's okay, I found the IP address on the order confirmation email.

Plugin Contributions

Just a follow up, I checked the ip address of the MSN Bot that was online looking at the details our latest order to that of the customer who placed the order and they DON'T match. So it ain't the customer looking at the order details. Not convinced yet that there isn't something untoward going on.

Plugin Contributions

Is your store set up to send an email to the customer when the status of an order changes from pending to processing or despatched?

I've noticed when I update order status' and the customer gets notified they will often click the link in the email to look at the order page, and depending if they logged out properly or just closed the tab and allowed the session to expire they will be sent to that page as a guest much like in your screenshot, which will then immediately direct them to the login page instead within 1-2 seconds.