Plugin Contributions

Default A matter of scale

So, I am being pressured to make my website more mobile friendly which means I will have to jiggle things around a bit or dispense with my logo header banner. This banner can be switched off for display on mobile devices, but we use it to advertise any new sales we have running and to highlight new products. So, to lose that feature for mobiles is a real shame plus we lose our logo.
    When looking at our website on a pc or Mac and sizing the web browser window we find that the banners being displayed at the top and bottom of the page via the Banner Manager get scaled to fit. My question is, why doesn't our banner, located on the Header Main Bar, scale as well? It remains a fixed size and gets cropped. If this scaled as well then we wouldn't have a problem and I wouldn't have to spend time trying to figure out a work around. The Navigation Bar, Categories Tab Menu and EZ-Pages Header Bar all adjust to fit, so why not the Header Main Bar?
    Many thanks, John
    ZC v1.5.7d
    jaysmodelkits.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A matter of scale

Ah, pity, no interest in this dilemma then. I guess I must be the only one with this problem then. Well, with no satisfactory answer as to why the banner image in the header won't scale I have come up with a work around. I am now displaying the logo banner as an advertising banner using the banner manager. At least they scale and display correctly on mobile devices. I guess this issue with the header main bar will remain a mystery.

Plugin Contributions

While 12 hours may seem like a long time, it's not really. Further by claiming that the issue is resolved a little less likely to get a suggestion for resolution. Those that have interest and or capability may have been able to help but I guess at the moment that really depends on if they can stemming what template is it was in use and other factors. There are plenty of individuals here that do a lot of web side work and may have even begun checking it out... up to them though about what assistance they can or want to provide.

I myself at the moment am not in a position to help with that particular issue.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Second time trying to reply on this thread: The issue I am experiencing with attempting to make my website more mobile device friendly has been ongoing for many months. Just recently it has become more critical so I was hoping for a speedy response as my problem has become very frustrating after spending many hours looking and failing to find an answer.
    To suggest that I was expecting a resolution to my problem AFTER I had said that I had found a solution, work around, is false. Of course it's a matter of free will and it is down to an individual's choice to respond or not, they are not obligated to do so. But, given that this is the only resource of it's kind for Zen Cart users on the internet, there is a certain level of expectation.
    Like any good Zenner, after finding a solution to a problem I shared it here so others may benefit, I didn't expect to be called out on it as if where something negative.
    Oh well, onwards and upwards regardless.
    A Zenner for 16 years but still a New Zenner.