ZC158
Linux Ubuntu 20.04
Mariadb 10.3
PHP 8.0
Apache 2.4
No plugins

I am trying to put my first plugin, fedex_web_services.5, into my fresh install of zc158.

These are the help files I am using to try and modify the plugin:

https://docs.zen-cart.com/dev/langua...anguage_files/
https://docs.zen-cart.com/dev/plugin...language-files

I located and commented out all of the "define" elements in each of the fedex files then moved and modified them into lang.fedexwebservices.php like this:

PHP Code:
$define = [

'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_WEB_SERVICES_TEXT_TITLE' => 'FedEx',

'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_WEB_SERVICES_TEXT_DESCRIPTION' => '<h2>FedEx Web Services</h2><p>You will need to have registered an account with FedEx and proper approval from FedEx identity to use this module. Please see the README.TXT file for other requirements.</p>',

'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_WEB_SERVICES_TEXT_DESCRIPTION_SOAP' => '<h2>FedEx Web Services</h2><p><span style="color:#dd0000;">Warning: SOAP Extension is not enabled. FedEx Web Services Shipping Module will not work until SOAP is enabled. Ensure that PHP is compiled with SOAP. Speak to your hosting company if unsure.</span></p> <p>You will need to have registered an account with FedEx and proper approval from FedEx identity to use this module. Please see the README.TXT file for other requirements.</p>',

'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_WEB_SERVICES_KEY' => '6W02EnQC0n9nO5NH',

'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_WEB_SERVICES_PWD' => 'tmZlwVIuLUHGNtasKOHQYkKKd',

'MODULE_SHIPPING_FEDEX_WEB_SERVICES_INSURE' => 0,

'TRANSACTIONS_LOG_FILE' => '../fedextransactions.log',

'Newline' => "<br />",
]; 

return 
$define
Prior to this action, I tried changing the defines in all the fedex files but did I not seem to be having any luck with that. After reading the help files several times, it seemed that all defines should be in the language file (bad assumption?).

At this point, I could, at least, get the admin>modules>shipping page to load semi-completely...only problem was the FedEx module does not display the module name and short name in the column next to it.

I attempted to go ahead and install the plug in but nothing happened.

So I searched each of the fedex files for $_SESSION['language'] to see if I needed to do the "Upgrading plugins to work with 1.5.8/PHP 8.0+" help file. The only place I found it was in shipping.php and it has already been modified according to the help files. It is also a core file so I left it alone.

What am I missing?

Thanks.