Plugin Contributions

Default Free shipping for different products together

Hi guys

I sell 3 types of products and would like the shipping cost to be as follows:

Product A: Always Free Shipping
    Product B: Always $5.00, unless purchased with A then Free Shipping
    Product C (large item): Always $10.00

Currently I have Products A shipping weight set to 0 with Free Shipping enabled, Products B set at weight 1 and products C at weight 26, with the Shipping Table set to 25:5.00,1000:10.00. No shipping zones set.

So everything works well for all products except when a customer purchases Product A and B together. How do I make this change to free shipping? Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping for different products together

Off the wall suggestion. Assumes that you only sell one of each item.

Set product A to shipping weight -1.

Shipping table to 0.5:0,20:5.00,1000:10.00

A = -1 shipping = 0
    B = 1 shipping = 5
    C = 26 shipping = 10

A + B = 0 shipping = 0
    A + C = 25 shipping = 10
    A + B + C = 26 shipping = 10

Note if you order 5 a and 1 C the shipping rate will be $5. similarly if you order 21 of B your shipping will be 10.
    Basically, if you order enough of product A then you will reduce your shipping cost.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping for different products together

Many thanks for that suggestion. Unfortunately, I usually sell more than one item per order so that solution wouldn't really work for me.
    I have since added some code provided by Ajeh in a post a long time ago (they seem to be the expert on shipping modules). If an item is added to the cart that has free shipping, the code causes the whole cart to be free shipping.
    So this works if product A and B are in the cart, but I need an 'exception' rule. i.e. Cart is free shipping if A or A + B but not if product C (shipping weight 26+)
    Here is Ajeh's code:

/includes/modules/shipping/table.php

added code in RED:
    Code:

// disable only when entire cart is free shipping if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) { $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false); }// bof: give Free Shipping if 1 or more Always Free Shipping is in cartif (!IS_ADMIN_FLAG) { $chk_cart = $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('product_is_always_free_shipping','1'); if ($chk_cart > 0) { $this->enabled = false; }}// eof: give Free Shipping if 1 or more Always Free Shipping is in cart if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_ZONE > 0) ) {

and in:

/includes/modules/shipping/freeshipper.php

Code:

if (zen_get_shipping_enabled($this->code)) { $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_FREESHIPPER_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false); }// bof: give Free Shipping if 1 or more Always Free Shipping is in cartif (!IS_ADMIN_FLAG) { $chk_cart = $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('product_is_always_free_shipping','1'); if ($chk_cart > 0) { $this->enabled = true; }}// eof: give Free Shipping if 1 or more Always Free Shipping is in cart if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_SHIPPING_FREESHIPPER_ZONE > 0) ) {

So this works great for products A and B but I need the shipping cost to stay at $10 if product C is in the cart. Any ideas?