Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paginate by Letter issue of Countries list in Multilingual Admin

ZC 1.5.8
    Upgrading from 1.5.7d and testing on local server PHP Version: 8.1.10
    Multilingual site - two languages one of them English. Two different alphabets.
    DB Table "countries" includes country names in both languages.

Problem/Bug:
    When trying to access Location/Taxes -> Countries from the menu only the firs page appears without the new alphabetical list on the bottom. The following is the error log:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: 4 arguments are required, 3 given in ..\admin\includes\classes\split_page_results.php:360
    Stack trace:
    #0 \admin\includes\classes\split_page_results.php(360): sprintf('\xD0\x9F\xD0\xBE\xD0\xBA\xD0\xB0\xD0\xB7\xD0\xB2\xD0\xB0 ...', 15, 474)
    #1 ..\admin\countries.php(217): splitPageResults->display_count(15, 20, 'A', '\xD0\x9F\xD0\xBE\xD0\xBA\xD0\xB0\xD0\xB7\xD0\xB2\xD0\xB0 ...')
    #2 ..\admin\index.php(11): require('..\\htdocs...')
    #3 {main}
    thrown in ..\admin\includes\classes\split_page_results.php on line 360

Not an issue in ZC 1.5.7d.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paginate by Letter issue of Countries list in Multilingual Admin

I have dual language, php8.2 ok.
    Does this happen with both languages?
    Check your language files are utf-8.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

All pages and the DB are UTF-8.
    When the language is English, the alphabetical list at the bottom is there and all URLs of the English alphabet lead to the corresponding places in the countries list. But when I click on any of the letters in the other language they open the A in the English countries list.
    In the alternative language the alphabetical list at the bottom is entirely missing.

Plugin Contributions

I didn't read your first post correctly, you have multiple fields for country names/a customised table and I assume a customised countries.php to deal with it.
    It is impossible for anyone here to guess at the problem/a solution without seeing the code.

Whoever coded that should be fixing it.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

The "countries" table is not altered. A single country has two rows in the table - one for each language This is done as there is no other way of localizing country names.
    The alphabetical list with links at the bottom is shown correctly in both languages. The problem is that the URLs of this list work only for the Latin characters. When I click on a character that is from the other alphabet it takes me to the "A" section of the english country names. There is no error message in the logs file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vasilt View Post
    The "countries" table is not altered. A single country has two rows in the table - one for each language.
    No it doesn't, not in the vanilla code:
    Code:
    CREATE TABLE countries (
      countries_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
      countries_name varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
      countries_iso_code_2 char(2) NOT NULL default '',
      countries_iso_code_3 char(3) NOT NULL default '',
      address_format_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
      status tinyint(1) default 1,
      PRIMARY KEY  (countries_id),
      KEY idx_countries_name_zen (countries_name),
      KEY idx_address_format_id_zen (address_format_id),
      KEY idx_iso_2_zen (countries_iso_code_2),
      KEY idx_iso_3_zen (countries_iso_code_3)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM;
    No column for language_id.
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    No it doesn't, not in the vanilla code:
    Code:
    CREATE TABLE countries (
      countries_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
      countries_name varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
      countries_iso_code_2 char(2) NOT NULL default '',
      countries_iso_code_3 char(3) NOT NULL default '',
      address_format_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
      status tinyint(1) default 1,
      PRIMARY KEY  (countries_id),
      KEY idx_countries_name_zen (countries_name),
      KEY idx_address_format_id_zen (address_format_id),
      KEY idx_iso_2_zen (countries_iso_code_2),
      KEY idx_iso_3_zen (countries_iso_code_3)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM;
    No column for language_id.
    It can, but then the same country, listed in two different languages has two different countries_id identifiers. As identified elsewhere in this forum or in Github, this is not supposed to be a problem as the intent is for each unique country to have its own countries_iso_code_3 value. The result here is that two listings would have the same other identifying information to be identified by some other method. (Hopefully not by countries_id as any newly added country may get miscategorized.)

As to the original issue/log and the encoding, it looks like perhaps the alternate country names need to be updated by a sql statement to populate with utf-8ish names. They probably were populated in a previous encoding. Not yet sure why though only three of the associated field are fed for processing when English does through fine unless the encoding of the foreign language is introducing a character that causes a problem.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

mc12345678's explanation fits my situation. The whole database is in utf-8. Disregard the original error log.
    The alphabetical list at the bottom of the Location/Taxes -> Countries lists all english characters followed by all characters of the other langugage. Every character's associated URL is like: "localhost/store/admin/index.php?cmd=countries&page=F" for the countries starting with "F" for example. The characters associated links are built correctly for both languages. However the URLs of this list work only for the Latin characters. When I click on a character that is from the other alphabet it takes me to the "A" section of the english country names.
    What I noticed so far is that the $_GET['page'] value in customers.php, line 11 should be set to the character in the link but this is only the case with latin letters. In the other language it is an empty string.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vasilt View Post
    mc12345678's explanation fits my situation. The whole database is in utf-8. Disregard the original error log.
    The alphabetical list at the bottom of the Location/Taxes -> Countries lists all english characters followed by all characters of the other langugage. Every character's associated URL is like: "localhost/store/admin/index.php?cmd=countries&page=F" for the countries starting with "F" for example. The characters associated links are built correctly for both languages. However the URLs of this list work only for the Latin characters. When I click on a character that is from the other alphabet it takes me to the "A" section of the english country names.
    What I noticed so far is that the $_GET['page'] value in customers.php, line 11 should be set to the character in the link but this is only the case with latin letters. In the other language it is an empty string.
    Based on the above I tried to investigate why customers.php was involved or what was wrong with it. I just realized the line in question is actually in countries.php, line 11.

OK, so now that have the correct line of the correct file. The comment was that at line 11, the current page is getting set to an empty string, specifically the statement is that $_GET['page'] is set to an empty string. I'm curious about the value of $_GET['page'] along the processing of that file before line 11.

One thing that is unfortunate is that the code in line 11 is attempting to evaluate the provided content against the current locale which is generally set differently for each language (I mean sure some countries have multiple languages), so if those values in the database have a different "flavor" they will be filtered out at line 11 because they don't or might not match the current locale.

While that is perhaps interesting and may become an issue for someone, I still really think that it is the database values for the specific countries in question and that they need to be replaced via sql update using utf-8 or utf-8mb4 versions of the names.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

In it is indeed the file coutries.php. Sorry about the confusion.

It is very confusing that the value of $_GET['page'] is correct before the execution of the initial line#8
    Code:
    require 'includes/application_top.php';
    and it is an empty string only for the alternative alphabet after that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast