Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paginate by Letter issue of Countries list in Multilingual Admin

Quote Originally Posted by vasilt View Post
    In it is indeed the file coutries.php. Sorry about the confusion.

It is very confusing that the value of $_GET['page'] is correct before the execution of the initial line#8
    Code:
    require 'includes/application_top.php';
    and it is an empty string only for the alternative alphabet after that.
    Again, because the data for those other country names in the database are not utf-8ish. By that I mean they are neither utf-8 nor utf-8mb4, which are the two encodings typically used now by zen Cart.

As previously stated, these could be updated through one or more sql statements. Either the errant entries get converted or a separate query is run to update the data in the database with utf-8ish entry. This can be done via tools, install sql patches.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Again, because the data for those other country names in the database are not utf-8ish. By that I mean they are neither utf-8 nor utf-8mb4, which are the two encodings typically used now by zen Cart.

As previously stated, these could be updated through one or more sql statements. Either the errant entries get converted or a separate query is run to update the data in the database with utf-8ish entry. This can be done via tools, install sql patches.
    personally i was never a fan of this letter pagination idea.

that said, props to @mc12345678 for figuring this bug out.

i would also look at the zones page as i think if the encoding is wrong, that page may not work as well.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post

And I'm willing to offer more specific assistance; however, need more details about what capabilities you have available, what data is known about the problem country names, what language is involved, etc...

My thought on the "replacement" style query, in absence of detailed database data and if there is only one other language, then the query could do a substitution of the countries_name record for the country that has the same countries_iso_code_3 but is not the english equivalent. E.g.:

Code:
    UPDATE countries SET countries_name = 'FOREIGN COUNTRY NEW NAME' WHERE countries_iso_code_3 = 'XYZ' AND countries_name != 'ENGLISH NAME OF COUNTRY';

Plugin Contributions

If the consensus is that countries.php line 11 is a bug (or needs additional logic such as a notifier), please PR. Thanks!
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

In it is indeed the file coutries.php. Sorry about the confusion.

It is very confusing that the value of $_GET['page'] is correct before the execution of the initial line#8
    Code:
    require 'includes/application_top.php';
    and it is an empty string only for the alternative alphabet after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    If the consensus is that countries.php line 11 is a bug (or needs additional logic such as a notifier), please PR. Thanks!
    Based on the report of the above investigation, line 11 in admin/countries.php does not appear to be the issue but rather sanitization executed within admin/includes/application_top.php.

Plugin Contributions

As pointed out by mc12345678, the problem is in the sanitization within admin/includes/application_top.php. When I revert the value of $_GET['page'] back to its original value after the sanitization, everithing works as expected. The table "countries" is utf8 and the column "countries_name" is utf8. I converted the column to BLOB and checked the hex values. They correspond to utf-8. For example the hex code for Zimbabwe in English is: 5A 69 6D 62 61 62 77 65 and in Bulgarian is: D0 97 D0 B8 D0 BC D0 B1 D0 B0 D0 B1 D0 B2 D0 B5. This is exactly the the value of the BLOB field.

Plugin Contributions

As pointed out by mc12345678, the problem is in the sanitization within admin/includes/application_top.php. When I revert the value of $_GET['page'] back to its original value after the sanitization, everithing works as expected. The table "countries" is utf8 and the column "countries_name" is utf8. I converted the column to BLOB and checked the hex values. They correspond to utf-8. For example the hex code for Zimbabwe in English is: 5A 69 6D 62 61 62 77 65 and in Bulgarian is: D0 97 D0 B8 D0 BC D0 B1 D0 B0 D0 B1 D0 B2 D0 B5. This is exactly the the value of the BLOB field.
    Actually, you've just done the first step of what may resolve your issue. You've converted a nonbinary datatype to a binary datatype. Next would be to convert that column back to the utf-8ish datatype expected for the column... would expect the issue to be resolved for this problem.

Plugin Contributions

I explicitly changed the encoding of the "countries_name" field of the "countries" table by applying the following two statements in phpMyadmin:
    ALTER TABLE countries MODIFY countries_name BLOB
    ALTER TABLE countries MODIFY countries_name VARCHAR(64) CHARACTER SET utf8
    and this didn't solve the problem

Plugin Contributions

I found a solution though I am not sure if it compromises site security. The file is admin/includes/classes/AdminRequestSanitizer.php and the line is 343. If the regular expression is modified to include the characters of the alternative alphabet, letter pagination works as expected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12