Plugin Contributions

Default Adding images to meta tags

To get images under my Google listing, I need to add images to my meta tags keywords and description.

Is there a particular syntax I have to use in my Zen Cart meta tags for image paths and Alt-text ?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding images to meta tags

Can you provide a link to the Google page that describes the requirement and method of implementation for this?
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmc3 View Post
    To get images under my Google listing, I need to add images to my meta tags keywords and description.

Is there a particular syntax I have to use in my Zen Cart meta tags for image paths and Alt-text ?

What Google is requiring for you Google Business Profile are photos taken with a smart phone that have meta data in them Time & date stamp, geographic info, etc. It has nothing to do with the images on your website.
    NTO: building a better network thru collaboration
    www.needtoorder.com | www.coffeewitheinstein.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Can you provide a link to the Google page that describes the requirement and method of implementation for this?
    DO a search and you will see some sites that have images under their listing. These images are not pulled from the page but from the meta tags . Like 95% of SEO methodology, You wont find it on a Google requirement page

Plugin Contributions

DO a search and you will see some sites that have images under their listing. These images are not pulled from the page but from the meta tags . Like 95% of SEO methodology, You wont find it on a Google requirement page
    We have various Google Business profiles for our online operations. We add images through Google's upload images features.

Some time ago, we used a program called Exif Editor (www . exifedit . com) to do batch editing of exif/meta data on all our product images on local machines. These images were then put on our webserver ZC installations (images directory) for all the product pictures.

We also loaded them into Google directly via our Google Business admin facilities.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    We have various Google Business profiles for our online operations. We add images through Google's upload images features.

Some time ago, we used a program called Exif Editor (www . exifedit . com) to do batch editing of exif/meta data on all our product images on local machines. These images were then put on our webserver ZC installations (images directory) for all the product pictures.

We also loaded them into Google directly via our Google Business admin facilities.
    Has nothing to do with your Google Profile. I am referrring to Global Google SERPS. NOT Local search and your Google profile listing.

A keyword search results in rows of images under some listings. These images are NOT coming from page images. Do some research with your own keywords and look at some of your competitors. Google USE TO pull images from the pages, but as of about two months ago, this has changed.

Plugin Contributions

deleted deleted

Plugin Contributions

Has nothing to do with your Google Profile. I am referrring to Global Google SERPS. NOT Local search and your Google profile listing.

A keyword search results in rows of images under some listings. These images are NOT coming from page images. Do some research with your own keywords and look at some of your competitors. Google USE TO pull images from the pages, but as of about two months ago, this has changed.
    Amongst our biggest sellers are
    Anodised Aluminium Number Tags
    (UK spelling for Aluminium)
    When I do an image search on google for this search term, around 20% of the results are images from my websites - including four of the five in the top row of results.

Try the above search term - you may need to add "UK" as that's where we're based.
    The vast majority of our images have a blue vignette background which immediately identifies the similarity on a grouped results screen. Because our images have such a defining background, they stand out from competitors' images and people can therefore identify our pictures.

Your results may differ completely, of course.

As mentioned, we manually edited exif data on most images before uploading them to the images folder in zencart. This may or may not have had an effect on SERP.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Trying to get clarification on this thread.
    The OP is claiming that images returned in a search are not coming from the website of the result.
    Well they must be, Google is not creating them.

So I assume that means that the image is not to be seen on the page of the result.

Using the Web Developer add-on, you can view all the referenced images on a page: often there are some that are not seen but do exist.
    Possibly these images are being referenced in the structured data for the page.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...