Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion how to get rid of the categories on the top of the page

how to get rid of the categories on the top of the page? my site is best4future.com

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to get rid of the categories on the top of the page

Okay, with the URL here, I know a little bit more about the post https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....CREATE_ACCOUNT as well.

You have picked a template that will probably never fully integrate with Zen Cart. And without access to the template's files, it would be very difficult for us to assist you. The problem is compounded when you use more than one language.

It appears you have just started the site or are upgrading to the newest version (1.5.8). I would suggest using the repsonsive_classic template to get up and running quickly. It's ready to go with a few color changes to match your desired result. Then you can use a test site to add the bootstrap template and adjust it accordingly.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to get rid of the categories on the top of the page

Sad that many Zencart newbies are still seduced by these 3rd-party templates. I recall condemning most of them over 15 years ago. The "monster" part of TemplateMonster remains a very accurate epithet.

While visual "cosmetics" play a role in attracting customers, site functionality is paramount.

Nobody ever got to one of my websites an cried out "OMG - I hate that shade of blue! I can't shop here!"

An eCommerce site has ONE PURPOSE - to make sales and get in the revenue (and hopefully at a profit).

Zencart's Responsive Classic is designed for the platform, so has inherent reliability, both cosmetically and functionally.

It is reasonably flexible in terms of easy admin "switches" as well as minor edits to some PHP files and CSS.

The important thing for any person embarking on an eCommerce venture is reliability of site functions... not the background colours of table headers, or action buttons.

Over time, branding elements can be brought into play, but these are usually not critical.

VERY IMPORTANT is the quality of product images and descriptions. Bad images (often a grimy photo taken with a smartphone with a grubby sitting-room carpet as the background) will cause prospective customers to run away- as will faulty grammar in product descriptions.

Focus first on what gets sales... Ease-of-use, navigational hierarchy and logic, fast load-speeds and quick checkout.

Worry about the cosmetics later... and if a standard set-up is bringing in the sales, then one could argue, why fix what aint broke?
    19 years a Zencart User