Plugin Contributions

red flag footer menu problem

My zencart is 1.5.8. I installed a plug-in named "footer menu". But the page titles are messed up. my site is best4future.com

Quick Links
    Home
    TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS
    BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS
    BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW
    CATEGORIES_BOX_HEADING_PRODUCTS_ALL
    Information
    BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT_US
    BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING
    BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY
    BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS
    BOX_INFORMATION_SITE_MAP

I tried many time to fix it but failed. Could you please help me out? Thanks!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: footer menu problem

ZC 1.5.8 is a major re-write, and there are quite a few bugs and inconsistencies. You may be better off installing 1.5.7d .
    HOWEVER
    The errors you are referencing are most likely associated with LANGUAGE DEFINES. The code format for configuring the variables (the text displayed against the constants - eg: TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS), is not being accessed by the page code, so it is returning the constant, not the variable.
    The problem is that "footer menu" module, of which the LANGUAGE file is not formatted to 1.5.8 standard.
    It can be edited by a "reasonably confident novice" - by looking at other 1.5.8 LANGUAGE define files, and re-writing the code elements to match the format of the new language define php format.
    The NAME of the files should follow this convention, for example - " lang.english.php "
    NOTE: it might be necessary to ALSO edit other files, so that the new language PHP file is correctly referenced throughout the module.
    Last edited by schoolboy; 20 Nov 2022 at 05:08 PM.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I notice there are several "footer menu" plugins - and none of them will be compatible with 1.5.8
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for the tips! I think it is better not to use this plug-in, since there are many files need to be rewritten.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    ZC 1.5.8 is a major re-write, and there are quite a few bugs and inconsistencies. You may be better off installing 1.5.7d .
    HOWEVER
    The errors you are referencing are most likely associated with LANGUAGE DEFINES. The code format for configuring the variables (the text displayed against the constants - eg: TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS), is not being accessed by the page code, so it is returning the constant, not the variable.
    The problem is that "footer menu" module, of which the LANGUAGE file is not formatted to 1.5.8 standard.
    It can be edited by a "reasonably confident novice" - by looking at other 1.5.8 LANGUAGE define files, and re-writing the code elements to match the format of the new language define php format.
    The NAME of the files should follow this convention, for example - " lang.english.php "
    NOTE: it might be necessary to ALSO edit other files, so that the new language PHP file is correctly referenced throughout the module.
    i do not think this is correct.

my understanding is that language files written for v157 will still work fine in v158. provided they get loaded.

perhaps @swguy can clarify.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

> ZC 1.5.8 is a major re-write, and there are quite a few bugs and inconsistencies. You may be better off installing 1.5.7d .

LOL WUT?

Always go with the latest. Your favorite plugin may not be ready, but you're much better off investing your time into the latest version.

Go to the support thread for the footer plugin you want (or check all of the footer plugins and see which one is most active).
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.