Plugin Contributions

help question Credit Card checkout not processing

Hi all!
    I upgraded to 1.5.8 from 1.5.7 last week. Aside from a few things here and there, everything went fine.
    I noticed that in this release, the language files changed to lang.FILE.php files instead of FILE.php files.

While testing orders, I noticed that my site wouldn't respond when clicking the continue button on the checkout_payment page. Each time I clicked the button, nothing would happen visually, but the system would generate an error file with the following:

Code:
    Request URI: /ajax.php?act=ajaxPayment&method=prepareConfirmation, IP address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    #1 require_once() called at [/includes/classes/ajax/zcAjaxPayment.php:177]
    #2 zcAjaxPayment->prepareConfirmation() called at [/ajax.php:85]
    --> PHP Warning: require_once(/includes/languages/english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /includes/classes/ajax/zcAjaxPayment.php on line 177.

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/includes/languages/english.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /includes/classes/ajax/zcAjaxPayment.php on line 177
    As far as I can remember, I don't have any custom code or edits on the payment/checkout modules.
    If I re-add my previous english.php file, it throws more errors because that file links to other language files that were changed in this release.

Checking out using PayPal works fine, it's just when I attempt to process a credit card directly on the site that I get this error.
    I figured before I started hacking away, I'd ask and see if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Credit Card checkout not processing

> when I attempt to process a credit card directly on the site that I get this error.

This is a bug. Please give me more information so I can fix it?
    Which payment module are you using? Please link to it if it's possible so I can see it.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for getting right back to me!
    I'm using the PayPal Payments Pro module paired with PayPal Express Checkout that comes with the ZenCart zip download.

One thing I just realized, I didn't uninstall and reinstall that module when I upgraded. I know I usually have to do that when I upgrade shipping modules. Should I have needed to do that with the PayPal module as well?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kmoodysoh View Post
    Should I have needed to do that with the PayPal module as well?
    I decided to go ahead and try it but it still throws the same error.
    Also I get a new error on reinstall of the module regarding undefined constant "MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_DEBUGGING"
    It logs this error when attempting to process a payment as well.
    That one is an easy fix, but thought I'd mention.

Code:
    Request URI: /ajax.php?act=ajaxPayment&method=prepareConfirmation, IP address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    #1 paypaldp->__construct() called at [/includes/classes/payment.php:102]
    #2 payment->__construct() called at [/includes/classes/ajax/zcAjaxPayment.php:80]
    #3 zcAjaxPayment->prepareConfirmation() called at [/ajax.php:85]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_DEBUGGING - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_DEBUGGING' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php on line 282.

#2 payment->__construct() called at [/includes/classes/ajax/zcAjaxPayment.php:80]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_DEBUGGING - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_DEBUGGING' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php on line 282.

--> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_DEBUGGING - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_DEBUGGING' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php on line 283.

--> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_DEBUGGING - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_DEBUGGING' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php on line 283.

Plugin Contributions

No need to reinstall.

I'm working on a fix. For now, please temporarily turn off PayPal Pro and use Express.

Plugin Contributions

Gotcha. That's what I ended up doing for now, disabling pro.
    I uninstalled/reinstalled to be thorough so I could try to get you a complete picture.

I appreciate everything y'all do!!

Plugin Contributions

This issue has been fixed, thanks to Kevin for helping us test.
    PR here:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/5413

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    This issue has been fixed, thanks to Kevin for helping us test.
    PR here:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/5413
    Fresh Install of 1.58
    Php 7.4
    Template: Cloned Copy of Bootstrap

I have a similar error code. I click the CONTINUE BUTTON but it does nothing.

I went to the link given here: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/5413 in this thread and cut-n-pasted the code into a new file and named it accordingly. I uploaded the file to my store. It's still giving this error. I have even resorted to doing what I found in another search which is to replace the tpl_ajax_checkout_confirmation_default.php from the responsive template in my store it doesn't help. I have search forum but can't find another else I should be doing.

NOTE: I searched in plugins and didn't find a paypal pro & express update. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalled the one(s) that came with the fresh install.

[23-Jan-2023 10:16:08 America/New_York] Request URI: /xxxxxxxx/ajax.php?act=ajaxPayment&method=prepareConfirmation, IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    #1 paypaldp->__construct() called at [/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/includes/classes/payment.php:102]
    #2 payment->__construct() called at [/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/includes/classes/ajax/zcAjaxPayment.php:75]
    #3 zcAjaxPayment->prepareConfirmation() called at [/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/ajax.php:85]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_DEBUGGING - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_DEBUGGING' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php on line 282.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by printchic View Post
    Fresh Install of 1.58
    Php 7.4
    Template: Cloned Copy of Bootstrap

I have a similar error code. I click the CONTINUE BUTTON but it does nothing.

I went to the link given here: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/5413 in this thread and cut-n-pasted the code into a new file and named it accordingly. I uploaded the file to my store. It's still giving this error. I have even resorted to doing what I found in another search which is to replace the tpl_ajax_checkout_confirmation_default.php from the responsive template in my store it doesn't help. I have search forum but can't find another else I should be doing.

NOTE: I searched in plugins and didn't find a paypal pro & express update. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalled the one(s) that came with the fresh install.

[23-Jan-2023 10:16:08 America/New_York] Request URI: /xxxxxxxx/ajax.php?act=ajaxPayment&method=prepareConfirmation, IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    #1 paypaldp->__construct() called at [/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/includes/classes/payment.php:102]
    #2 payment->__construct() called at [/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/includes/classes/ajax/zcAjaxPayment.php:75]
    #3 zcAjaxPayment->prepareConfirmation() called at [/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/ajax.php:85]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_DEBUGGING - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALDP_DEBUGGING' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php on line 282.
    I've manage to get past this error code. I still have issues but wanted to share that I have moved past this error.