Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Customer Details - No Edit Button

I am in the process of upgrading to version 1.5.8.

Configuration, Customer Details page does not have an edit button. Confguration, MY Store does have an edit button.

Can anybody tell me why the edit button is missing and how I can get it back please.

I have attached a screen shot of the Customer Details page with no edit button.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Customer Details - No Edit Button

Need to provide more accurate details to minimize unnecessary research. Say that "in the middle" of an upgrade. How much in the middle is the store at which this condition is observed?

Further, when say MY store has this feature or another, what version is the store from which upgrading?

These are things requested to be provided when making the first post about an issue. They make the problem solving that much easier which means you get an answer that much faster and your business can make that much more money.

There are other things to look into even with a little information as had been provided, but issues with a new version should get well documented before skipping to other things.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=mc12345678;1391781]Need to provide more accurate details to minimize unnecessary research. Say that "in the middle" of an upgrade. How much in the middle is the store at which this condition is observed?

By in the middle I mean I am slowly adding my custom folders and updating settings in Admin.

>> Further, when say MY store has this feature or another, what version is the store from which upgrading?

The My Store is still the new version 1.5.8. In Admin if I go Configuration, My Store, I have an edit button. If I then go to Customer Details there is no edit button. So 1.5.8 has an edit button on some pages but not other pages.

My actual store is still running version 1.5.7d The new version 1.5.8 is in a subfolder and it will remain there until I am sure it is all ready to go live as my new store.

I have no issues with version 1.5.7d. As far as I know the only issue I have with 1.5.8 is the edit button missing on one page in Admin. I don't understand why the edit button is showing on other admin pages but not on the Customer Detail pages..

I hope I have explained myself clearly enough. I am not good at working out this kind of problem. I try but I find a lot of it very difficult, so I came here to ask for help.

Thanks for your time.

Plugin Contributions

First of all, go to Admin >> Modules >> Plugin Manager and make sure your Display Logs is Installed.

If it is already installed, you should have gotten an indication of the problem.

Something on the Customers' Details page is failing which causes a partial blank page. That's why you do not see the edit.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! I have downloaded my logs and I will slowing try to work out what is wrong.

I appreciate your help.

Plugin Contributions

You're experiencing a "partial whitescreen", the the "Display Logs" plugin will definitely have some stuff to tell you because there's a PHP and/or MySQL issue going on.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    You're experiencing a "partial whitescreen", the the "Display Logs" plugin will definitely have some stuff to tell you because there's a PHP and/or MySQL issue going on.
    in Admin version 1.5.8 all of the listings in Configuration have an edit box except for Customers Details page

I have downloaded the log files and the errors I am looking at are not files I have touched. I haven't customized these files ever.

[28-Nov-2022 11:15:26 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError:
    Argument 1 passed to zen_get_countries() must be of the type int, string given, called in
    /includes/functions/functions_addresses.php on line 100 and
    defined in /includes/functions/functions_addresses.php:50

Stack trace:
    #0 /includes/functions/functions_addresses.php(100): zen_get_countries('', false, true)
    #1 /admin/includes/functions/general.php(439): zen_get_country_name('')
    #2 //admin/configuration.php(145): zen_call_function('zen_get_country...', '')
    #3 /admin/index.php(11): require('/home/www/ksp-x...')
    #4 {main}
    thrown in /includes/functions/functions_addresses.php on line 50

I've look at these files but I don't understand the error even though it gives me the line numbers.

Maybe I should delete everything and do another fresh install because I'm lost.

Time to close up for the night. Thanks again for your help.

Plugin Contributions

What's the Zen Cart history of the site, specifically from which version of Zen Cart is the site being upgraded?

If you include the top portion of that log (where the specific page on which the error occurred), that would help immensely. Just be sure to xxx-out the site's URL and especially your admin sub-directory name. It's just the portion of the URL starting with cmd= that will help us help you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    What's the Zen Cart history of the site, specifically from which version of Zen Cart is the site being upgraded?

I started with Zen Cart version 3 something. I have upgraded each time my Admin home page told me there was a new version.

>> If you include the top portion of that log (where the specific page on which the error occurred), that would help immensely. Just be sure to xxx-out the site's URL and especially your admin sub-directory name. It's just the portion of the URL starting with cmd= that will help us help you.
    I hope this is the part of the log you requested.
    [28-Nov-2022 11:15:26 UTC] Request URI: /zc_Test/admin/index.php?cmd=configuration&gID=5, IP address: 58.6.171.68

I have a friend trying to help me and she has found if we put the new empty database back, the edit button appears in the Customer Details in the Configuration in Admin. Then if we import my current database to the new version of Zen Cart, the edit button vanishes from the Customers Details in Admin. The strange thing is all the other pages in Configuration have edit buttons. So I'd guess something in my database is breaking that edit button.

My friend is now trying to work out why my imported database is causing this issue. I've never had this database problem upgrading before.

Again, thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Did you load the database, then run zc_install to update the database? If not, that could be the issue.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast