Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Using AI to make modules?

ok so this is a really frustrating thing to attempt to do, it will insist it cant do it but ask it for an example fileset for that module after describing the features you want and then ask it what "custom_module.php" should look like to achieve the desired functionality and it will happily churn out the file???
    Now i am a novice at coding and my community plugin contribution was a module i had paid to have made along time ago so not my work but i explained that in the submission and it must have been checked over before approval as it took a few days. I shared it as the way i see it is the more modules for the zen cart commerce system the more users and motivation behind updating and creating new modules which in turn is better for us all right??

I myself needed 2 modules and have tried to create them with chatgpt and if its being truthful well...

we now have...

a "qr tickets" module for events with a standalone login page for a new user type called admittance. it will apparently email the customer a pdf of the qr code and if they want a physical ticket it will generate the printable ticket as a pdf.

"royal mail click and drop" shipping module for OBA account holders - if your in the uk and use royal mail and are manually typing orders in i know your attention just got peaked!

I asked it to give me an option to allow me to select a standard royal mail box size for individual categories and assume a large parcel if not specified along with the option to override the royal mail pricing with a weight based shipping table option for certain categories as the carrier option "dpd" for my drop shipped category along with the ability to select different free shipping thresholds for individual categories.

being the fact im not a coder and asked an ai chatbot to make these i am not 100% confident when it says they should work as intended, apparently zen 1.58 was released after its dataset too so it may be coded to 1.57 standards?

now another module i want to add to my site to improve my sales is "klarna" payment integration, thought maybe best to see if someone who is adapt at coding would like to study one of these modules before i waste another day or two arguing with it to resume its response from where it stopped in its "example" due to character limits, it has a habit of apologising and starting from the beggining of the file?

Currently i have my usual developer who has said he will check out the qr tickets module but he has pretty much said he is a very busy and in demand fellow at present so i don't want to ask too much of his time by firing him a second module to check at the same time.

I know a few would most likely be interested in the royal mail module i had it whip up yesterday.... that and i'm really curious if this method works

Anyone curious in the experiment enough that they fancy testing the module out in a test environment to see if it does indeed work as intended?? i mean here's the screenshot of the fileset, looks like a module to me :S

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023-01-22.png 
Views:	288 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	20190
    it even made the read me on command!!

Name:	2023-01-22 (1).jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	20191

Also if you need klarna or would like to test a klarna module whipped up by the same tool?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using AI to make modules?

Interesting idea.
    If it were me, and I had the time, I would try and get it to write a module that does the same as an existing simple module, and see the code difference.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

i ended up making use of the subdomain to setup a new install of 1.58 and installed the module, it seems every file has a syntax issue here and there but once ran back through the ai with the error logs it helps me work out where it went wrong and corrects itself, my assumption here being people typically make syntax errors during a big project and they get spotted by the error logs and it not working as expected. currently im timed out waiting for it to let me ask it how i resolve this one.... [22-Jan-2023 13:36:43 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function zen_get_shipping_weight() in /includes/modules/shipping/royalmail_clickanddrop.php:28
    Stack trace:
    #0 /includes/classes/shipping.php(201): royalmail_clickanddrop->quote('')
    #1 /includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php(184): shipping->quote()
    #2 /index.php(35): require('/home/u55452107...')
    #3 {main}
    thrown in /includes/modules/shipping/royalmail_clickanddrop.php on line 28

[22-Jan-2023 13:36:43 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping, IP address: 86.25.115.190
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function zen_get_shipping_weight() in /includes/modules/shipping/royalmail_clickanddrop.php:28
    Stack trace:
    #0 /includes/classes/shipping.php(201): royalmail_clickanddrop->quote('')
    #1 /includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php(184): shipping->quote()
    #2 /index.php(35): require('/home/u55452107...')
    #3 {main}
    thrown in /includes/modules/shipping/royalmail_clickanddrop.php on line 28.

i think its missing a piece of the file from between the interruptions caused by character limits and it resuming the code with a line or two missing, i've got used to spotting it now so in a sense its kind of teaching me how to fix the work its done which is helpful for future use. the install.sql was the hardest part it kept adding characters in that caused syntax errors, it would reply with the "fix" which was the same identical code snippet that had failed. finally got it to generate an install.sql that worked so im going to patch the files in the module files with the appropriate fixes and keep working through the errors with the assistant lol. I was so happy when i seen this....

Name:	2023-01-22 (6).jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	20192

It has been recognised by royal mail as an app and is indeed connected! I haven't been able to find anything like this and if i can iron the install into a smoother process and resolve the bug that stopped me proceeding to checkout pages in the module then i've cracked it. i mean it will probably need some optimisation to work as intended as i cant see settings i asked it to give me control of in the admin panel just yet, hoping the code errors have just stopped the script showing the options in the admin panel, currently it just seems to have the option to enter the api key which it does at least handle correctly to result in a successful connection to royal mail OBA

Plugin Contributions

ok so i got past the error code and managed to get stone walled again by more issues. seems everytime i rectified a syntax error it was improving and then this happened.....

Name:	2023-01-22 (8).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	20193

I feel its either messing around with me because its overwhelmed and id have to return during off peak times to get more sense from it? or it originally excluded loads of code by not continuing the response or ending looking like the file was finished?

so far we have been able to make it through checkout, but only once before the changes caused a http 500 on me, the error logs keep leading me back to this file and this time it appears to be the very final line, well more precisely the blank line after the end of the code?

its connected to the api, no communication issues so that's all good but it seems to insist its either syntax related or something to do with the weight figure that has not queried rm for the pricing. maybe if i include my file it is groaning about someone can tell me if there's anything obvious jumps out?

Code:
    require('includes/overrides.php');

if (!is_numeric($weight) || $weight <= 0) {
        trigger_error('Invalid weight passed to zen_get_shipping_weight', E_USER_ERROR);
    }

if (!in_array($weight_class, array('kg', 'lbs'))) {
        trigger_error('Invalid weight class passed to zen_get_shipping_weight', E_USER_ERROR);
    }

<?php
    class royalmail_clickanddrop {
      public $code, $title, $description, $enabled, $api_key;

// class constructor
      function __construct() {
        global $order;

$this->code = 'royalmail_clickanddrop';
        $this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_TEXT_TITLE;
        $this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
        $this->sort_order = MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_SORT_ORDER;
        $this->icon = '';
        $this->tax_class = MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_TAX_CLASS;
        $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
        $this->api_key = MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_API_KEY;
      }

// class methods
      function quote($method = '') {
        global $order, $shipping_weight, $shipping_num_boxes;

$dest_country = $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'];
        $dest_zip = $order->delivery['postcode'];

$weight = $shipping_weight;
        $weight_class = 'kg';
        $weight = zen_get_shipping_weight($weight, $weight_class);

var_dump($weight); // 

// API call to Royal Mail Click and Drop to retrieve shipping rates
    $api_url = 'https://api.royalmail.com/shipping/v2/pricing/' . $dest_country . '/' . $weight;
    $api_headers = array(
    'Content-Type: application/json',
    'Authorization: Bearer ' . $this->api_key
    );
    $ch = curl_init();
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $api_url);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $api_headers);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
    $response = curl_exec($ch);

if (curl_errno($ch)) {
        trigger_error('Error connecting to Royal Mail API: ' . curl_error($ch), E_USER_ERROR);
    }

$http_code = curl_getinfo($ch, CURLINFO_HTTP_CODE);

if ($http_code != 200) {
        trigger_error('Error connecting to Royal Mail API. HTTP code: ' . $http_code, E_USER_ERROR);
    }

curl_close($ch);

$shipping_prices = json_decode($response);

$shipping = array();
    if (is_array($shipping_prices)) {
        foreach ($shipping_prices as $shipping_price) {
            $shipping[] = array(
                'id' => $this->code . '_' . $shipping_price->code,
                'title' => $shipping_price->name . ' (' . $shipping_price->estimated_delivery . ')',
                'cost' => $shipping_price->price
            );
        }
    }

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
                         'module' => $this->title,
                         'methods' => $shipping,
                         'tax' => zen_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']),
                         'icon' => $this->icon);

if ($this->tax_class > 0) {
      $this->quotes['tax'] = zen_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);
    }
    }

Plugin Contributions

well after a few days at this it seems that the more popular it becomes the more confused it gets so if you use it in a busy period it is more likely to make mistakes. we had a module that showed in the dashboard at one point, sadly now we have the following and it has timed me out for an hour for possibly the last time i find entertaining :s

Code:
    [26-Jan-2023 02:01:32 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Using $this when not in object context in /includes/modules/shipping/royalmail_clickanddrop.php:32
    Stack trace:
    #0 /adminfoldername/modules.php(184): include()
    #1 /adminfoldername/index.php(11): require('/home/u55452107...')
    #2 {main}
    thrown in /includes/modules/shipping/royalmail_clickanddrop.php on line 32

[26-Jan-2023 02:01:32 UTC] Request URI: /adminfoldername/index.php?cmd=modules&set=shipping, IP address: 86.25.115.190
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Using $this when not in object context in /includes/modules/shipping/royalmail_clickanddrop.php:32
    Stack trace:
    #0 /adminfoldername/modules.php(184): include()
    #1 /adminfoldername/index.php(11): require('/home/u55452107...')
    #2 {main}
    thrown in /includes/modules/shipping/royalmail_clickanddrop.php on line 32.
    my code for this file if anyone does come across this out of curiosity is currently about the 14th revision and possibly a typo or curly bracket away from working or that far off its hopeless?

Code:
    <?php
    class royalmail_clickanddrop {
      public $code;
      public $title;
      public $description;
      public $enabled;
      public $api_key;
      public $category_exclude;
      public $free_shipping_over;
      public $free_shipping_over_category;
      public $box_size;

public function check() {
        global $order;

// class constructor
      function __construct() {
        global $order;

$this->types = array('letter' => 'Letter',
                             'largeLetter' => 'Large Letter',
                             'smallParcel' => 'Small Parcel',
                             'mediumParcel' => 'Medium Parcel',
                             'parcel' => 'Parcel',
                             'documents' => 'Documents');

} 
    }
    }
        $this->code = 'royalmail_clickanddrop';
        $this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_TEXT_TITLE;
        $this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
        $this->sort_order = MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_SORT_ORDER;
        $this->icon = '';
        $this->tax_class = MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_TAX_CLASS;
        $this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
        $this->api_key = defined('MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_API_KEY') ? MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_API_KEY : '';
        $this->category_exclude = explode(',',MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_CATEGORY_EXCLUDE);
        $this->free_shipping_over = MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER;
        $this->free_shipping_over_category = explode(',',MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER_CATEGORY);
        $this->box_size = explode(',',MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_BOX_SIZE);
    $this->check(); 

if (MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_STATUS == 'True') {
            if (($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_ZONE > 0)) {
                $check_flag = false;
                $check_query = tep_db_query("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_SHIPPING_ROYALMAIL_CLICKANDDROP_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->delivery['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");
                while ($check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query)) {
                    if ($check['zone_id'] < 1) {
                        $check_flag = true;
                        break;
                    } elseif ($check['zone_id'] == $order->delivery['zone_id']) {
                        $check_flag = true;
                        break;
                    }

}

// class methods
      function quote($method = '') {
        global $order, $shipping_weight, $shipping_num_boxes;
        $dest_country = $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'];
        $dest_zip = $order->delivery['postcode'];

$weight = $shipping_weight;
        $weight_class = 'kg';
        $weight = zen_get_shipping_weight($weight, $weight_class);

// Check if the current product category is excluded from shipping
        $product_categories = zen_get_categories_for_product($_SESSION['cart']->get_products()[0]['id']);
        foreach($product_categories as $category_id) {
            if(in_array($category_id,$this->category_exclude)) {
                return array();
            }
        }
    $api_url = 'https://api.royalmail.com/shipping/v2/pricing/' . $dest_country . '/' . $weight;
    $api_headers = array(
    'Content-Type: application/json',
    'Authorization: Bearer ' . $this->api_key
    );

$box_size = $this->check_box_size($_SESSION['cart']->get_products()[0]['id']);
    $api_url .= '/' . $box_size;

if($this->api_key == ''){
    trigger_error('API Key is not set', E_USER_ERROR);
    }

$ch = curl_init();
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $api_url);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $api_headers);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
    $response = curl_exec($ch);

if (curl_errno($ch)) {
    trigger_error('Error connecting to the Royal Mail API: ' . curl_error($ch), E_USER_ERROR);
    }
    curl_close($ch);

$response_data = json_decode($response, true);

if ($response_data['status'] != 'success') {
    trigger_error('Error in response from the Royal Mail API: ' . $response_data['message'], E_USER_ERROR);
    }

$quote_data = array();
    foreach($response_data['prices'] as $service => $price) {
    $quote_data['royalmail_clickanddrop_' . $service] = array(
    'id' => 'royalmail_clickanddrop_' . $service,
    'title' => $service,
    'cost' => $price,
    'tax' => zen_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']),
    'cod_fee' => 0,
    'calc_tax' => 'per_item'
    );
    }

// Free shipping over certain order value or category
    if ($this->free_shipping_over != '') {
    $free_shipping = false;
    if (is_numeric($this->free_shipping_over) && $this->free_shipping_over <= $order->info['subtotal']) {
    $free_shipping = true;
    } elseif (in_array($_SESSION['cart']->get_products()[0]['id'],$this->free_shipping_over_category)) {
    $free_shipping = true;
    }
    if ($free_shipping) {
    foreach($quote_data as $key => $value) {
    $quote_data[$key]['cost'] = 0;
    }
    }
    }
    return $quote_data;
    }

function check_box_size($product_id) {
    global$db;
    $box_size = $this->box_size;

// Check if a custom box size has been set for this product
    $product_query = $db->Execute("SELECT products_box_size FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " WHERE products_id = " . (int)$product_id);
    if ($product_query->RecordCount() > 0) {
    $custom_box_size = $product_query->fields['products_box_size'];
    if (!empty($custom_box_size)) {
    $box_size = $custom_box_size;
    }
    }

return $box_size;
    }
    }
    }
    i think its safe to say if the qr tickets module doesnt work when installed and tested it will probably need a lot of magic too, we shall see on that one but i dont want to test install another module without getting this one working right and it seems like i'm just re editing this same file over and over again with new suggestions from the ai sadly on the royal mail module

Plugin Contributions

Name:	2023-01-26 (1).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	20194 ok so language file was missing its config_ prefix, plenty errors now as it runs into the remainder of the code though but im getting closer!

Code:
    [26-Jan-2023 16:15:04 UTC] Request URI: /ADMINFOLDERNAME/index.php?cmd=modules&set=shipping, IP address: 86.x.190
    #1  include(/testing/includes/modules/shipping/config_royalmail_clickanddrop.php) called at [/testing/ADMINFILE/modules.php:184]
    #2  require(/testing/ADMINFILE/modules.php) called at [/testing/ADMINFILE/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant TEXT_DESCRIPTION - assumed 'TEXT_DESCRIPTION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in //testing/includes/modules/shipping/config_royalmail_clickanddrop.php on line 229.

[26-Jan-2023 16:15:04 UTC] Request URI: /ADMINFOLDERNAME/index.php?cmd=modules&set=shipping, IP address: 86.x.190
    #1  include(/testing/includes/modules/shipping/config_royalmail_clickanddrop.php) called at [/testing/ADMINFILE/modules.php:184]
    #2  require(testing/ADMINFILE/modules.php) called at [/testing/ADMINFILE/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant TEXT_API_KEY - assumed 'TEXT_API_KEY' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/u554521074/domains/crazygamer.uk/public_html/testing/includes/modules/shipping/config_royalmail_clickanddrop.php on line 235.

#1  include(/testing/includes/modules/shipping/config_royalmail_clickanddrop.php) called at [/testing/ADMINFOLDERNAME/modules.php:184]
    #2  require(/testing/ADMINFOLDERNAME/modules.php) called at [/testing/ADMINFOLDERNAME/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant TEXT_TITLE - assumed 'TEXT_TITLE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /testing/includes/modules/shipping/config_royalmail_clickanddrop.php on line 244.

#1  include(/testing/includes/modules/shipping/config_royalmail_clickanddrop.php) called at [/testing/ADMINFOLDERNAME/modules.php:184]
    #2  require(/testing/ADMINFOLDERNAME/modules.php) called at [/testing/ADMINFOLDERNAME/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant TEXT_DESCRIPTION - assumed 'TEXT_DESCRIPTION' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /testing/includes/modules/shipping/config_royalmail_clickanddrop.php on line 249.

--> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant TEXT_TAX_CLASS - assumed 'TEXT_TAX_CLASS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) IN /testing/includes/modules/shipping/config_royalmail_clickanddrop.php on line 257.

--> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant TEXT_STATUS - assumed 'TEXT_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /testing/includes/modules/shipping/config_royalmail_clickanddrop.php on line 261.

#1  zen_draw_pull_down_menu() called at [/testing/includes/modules/shipping/config_royalmail_clickanddrop.php:262]
    #2  include(/testing/includes/modules/shipping/config_royalmail_clickanddrop.php) called at [/testing/ADMINFOLDERNAME/modules.php:184]
    #3  require(/testing/ADMINFOLDERNAME/modules.php) called at [/testing/ADMINFOLDERNAME/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /testing/ADMINFOLDERNAME/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 417.
    Last edited by flappingfish; 26 Jan 2023 at 05:49 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by flappingfish View Post

we now have...

a "qr tickets" module for events with a standalone login page for a new user type called admittance. it will apparently email the customer a pdf of the qr code and if they want a physical ticket it will generate the printable ticket as a pdf.
    I presume you mean the royal "we".

I only discovered this long-silent thread yesterday and my interest was piqued by the mention of AI and event ticketing.

I am just wondering how you went with AI, which AI you used, and whether you used jdoodle or other online IDE in conjunction with the AI.

Did you get around to comparing AI results with an already established zen cart plugin/module, as suggested by Torvista.

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dw08gm View Post
    I presume you mean the royal "we".

I only discovered this long-silent thread yesterday and my interest was piqued by the mention of AI and event ticketing.

I am just wondering how you went with AI, which AI you used, and whether you used jdoodle or other online IDE in conjunction with the AI.

Did you get around to comparing AI results with an already established zen cart plugin/module, as suggested by Torvista.

Cheers
    i used chat-gpt, it got me close but not close enough I could get it working on my own, for £350 i had the job finished by a freelancer. it can generate a physical ticket if requested and you can set an "admittance" user type that can login and only access the customer>tickets tab. It takes on average 4 seconds to email the ticket to the customer. i can use a qr code scanner to read the qr code and admit the guest. It will need more features like a database clean up method of old qr codes though to make admin easier. email size is relatively small that it sends and it saves the physical ticket print file (with unique qr code ect inputted) to the server. simply have one side mass printed for the event and then print the unique front out

and i did compare the code as torvista suggested, the ai would intentionally give me errors so i had to resort to help in the end lol

Plugin Contributions

Any chance you could bundle the ticket generating code into a plugin, however imperfect, incomplete or specialised, so that others might build upon it?

Plugin Contributions

StackOverflow prohibits the use of ChatGPT because while its output *looks* correct, it is frequently wrong. Proceed with caution!

https://meta.stackoverflow.com/quest...is-banned?cb=1
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast