Plugin Contributions

Default how to change the admin lang. back to english without access to the panel

hi..
    I have uploaded a langauge pack to the admin side, and saw just after i installed it it's not compatible with 1.5.7...
    now i can't go into the admin panel via web (error 500), any way of changing the admin language thru files/mysql?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to change the admin lang. back to english without access to the panel

Hi,
    In your case best way is to use database backup to go back, if you have some...
    If not and if your cart is new without too many data you'd better reinstall a fresh cart and import your important data through mysql.
    If your cart is old with lots of customize I might have another solution. I made myself a Japanese language cart and provided all mysql queries to switch admin language back to English. Problem is that it was made for v1.5.8. Configuration tables in 1.5.7 and 1.5.8 are very close but might have few differences. you need to check. I try to attach file to this post.

You can check differences between 1.5.7 and 1.5.8 by comparing configuration table section in mysql_zencart.sql from each version used to install a new cart (..\zc_install\sql\install\mysql_zencart.sql).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to change the admin lang. back to english without access to the panel

Go to your webhost's cPanel and, from there, to your phpMyAdmin.

Click on the SQL tab and enter

UPDATE configuration SET configuration_value = 'en' WHERE configuration_key = 'DEFAULT_LANGUAGE';

If your site uses a DB_PREFIX (like zen_), the SQL would look like

UPDATE zen_configuration SET configuration_value = 'en' WHERE configuration_key = 'DEFAULT_LANGUAGE';