Plugin Contributions

Default glitch in category list view after upgrading to 1.5.8

I've just updated to 1.5.8. Everything went as usual, and no errors, but now, when I view a category, some of the products in the category view are listed two or three times. This isn't a duplication of products. There is actually only one product, and both instances of the product go to the exact same productID. This is strictly an issue with how the list is being rendered. for example: let's say in Category 1 there are 6 products with prod IDs 1-6. When I view category 1 from the menu, the result looks like this: product 1, product 2, product 3, product 3, product 4, product 5, product 6. (in this example, product 3 is duplicated in the list. If I click on either of them, they go to the exact same product ID (which makes sense, because in the DB, there is only one "product 3"). But why is product 3 showing up twice on the list? I don't know how to fix it.

This is happening in more than one category.
    This is happening with random, multiple products (with no similarity or pattern between the products)
    I've checked, and all products have valid master cat IDs, product types, and other information
    This isn't happening in the 1.5.7 live store
    This happens with every template, including the classic and classic_responsive

Any ideas on how to fix it or where to look would be greatly appreciated.

If it's relevant, I have a lot of categories/subcats and over 1000 product IDs. There are no products in top categories or anywhere they shouldn't be, as far as I can tell. Thanks.
    ----
    Thanks,
    PNM

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: glitch in category list view after upgrading to 1.5.8

What, if any, plugins are in use over and above the base Zen Cart distribution?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    What, if any, plugins are in use over and above the base Zen Cart distribution?
    I've installed:

Better Together
    DB I/O (Thank you, Lat9 )

These are part of a template I purchased/installed:

Image handler (I have it disabled)
    Newsbox
    Structured Data
    Testimonials Mgr.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I have never heard of this issue.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Can you compare includes/index_filters/default_filter.php with the original file from 1.5.8 fileset? And do the same with includes/modules/pages/index/main_template_vars.php
    You mentioned a purchased template and the list of plugins sounds like one of the templates on TF - if I'm right, then you also have Dynamic Filters plugin preinstalled which you'll need to remove completely. Oh, and you're in for quite a treat to eliminate all the php warnings...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    I have never heard of this issue.
    Thanks. I doubt it has anything to do with Better Together.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Can you compare includes/index_filters/default_filter.php with the original file from 1.5.8 fileset? And do the same with includes/modules/pages/index/main_template_vars.php
    You mentioned a purchased template and the list of plugins sounds like one of the templates on TF - if I'm right, then you also have Dynamic Filters plugin preinstalled which you'll need to remove completely. Oh, and you're in for quite a treat to eliminate all the php warnings...
    Thank you for your reply. You're correct about the Dynamic Filters plugin. It's been there so long (even in my live store) that I didn't realize it was an additional plugin. I did buy the template on TF. I'm not getting any logged errors or warnings, that's one of the odd things about it. I wish I were, because then I'd have a clue.

The main_template_vars.php is exactly the same as the one from the 1.5.8.
    The default_filter has a couple of changes shown in the attached jpg.

One thing I did was to "copy" one of the products exactly. I created a duplicate, copying all categories, attributes, etc. The "copied" product lists fine, while the original still shows up more than once on the category list. I think maybe something happened during the update. I'll go through the DB tables' structure and make sure that everything is indexed as it should be. I didn't get any errors when updating, but maybe something did/didn't happen.

Name:  Default_filter_compare.JPG
Views: 257
Size:  54.6 KB

Plugin Contributions

SOLVED!! The problem was in the SPECIALS table in the DB. Every product that was showing up duplicated in the category view had multiple rows in the specials table. If it had two rows, the product showed up twice in the category view. If the product had three rows in the specials table, it showed up three times in the category view.

I don't know why there were multiple rows in the specials table, but once I deleted all duplicate entries in the specials table, the issue was resolved.

I thank you all for your help and suggestions.